IGNORED

Hordur "Hodor" Magnusson - Signed

Rocky

35 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

No. Arnason was ahead of him in the pecking order. A 33 year old that spent the majority of his career as back up to League 1/2 Plymouth Argyle and Rotherham United. 

:/ 

Just to piss you off even more, he was actually their 4th choice, as Ingason came on when Arnason was substituted.

However up until the France game they looked as good defensively as anyone and in Ragnar Sigurdsson had the defender of the tournament for me.

If he signs we'll just have to trust our scouting, plus the fact he was at Juventus, won't we?

10 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:Noy really that scathing as there are lots of similar examples

Giroud ahead of Martial

Kane/Vardy et al ahead of Rashford being just a couple imo

You're talking players that are playing for top premier league sides being picked ahead of others at the same level. Arnason, while had a decent few games, is a League 2 centre back. 

3 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

You're talking players that are playing for top premier league sides being picked ahead of others at the same level. Arnason, while had a decent few games, is a League 2 centre back. 

that must make McGoven absolute crap as he doesn't even have a club, will grigg must be rubbish as well, he can only score in league one.............................

14 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Noy really that scathing as there are lots of similar examples

Giroud ahead of Martial

Kane/Vardy et al ahead of Rashford being just a couple imo

Picking a target man instead of a smaller striker and picking the premier leagues two top scorers over a pretty unproven youngster? Madness.

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

that must make McGoven absolute crap as he doesn't even have a club, will grigg must be rubbish as well, he can only score in league one.............................

Not rubbish, but if we signed Grigg he wouldn't be good enough for us, wouldn't you agree? 

15 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

Since you clearly know more than our scouts do can you give me an insight into this Iclandic lads strengths and weaknesses.

Or are you just making presumptions?

Do you also believe England are actually the best team in Europe because we beat Portgual just 6 weeks ago? 

It appears that the initial excitement and ecstasy of the first few pages of this thread revealing a spectacular 'record signing' of an Icelandic International and young Juve starlet has  miraculously given way  to us possibly signing a guy who can't even make a part time side and actually plays for a team I've never heard of.

.........And some posters saying humour isn't allowed on this thread- or was that just intentional humour?

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

It appears that the initial excitement and ecstasy of the first few pages of this thread revealing a spectacular 'record signing' of an Icelandic International and young Juve starlet has  miraculously given way  to us possibly signing a guy who can't even make a part time side and actually plays for a team I've never heard of.

.........And some posters saying humour isn't allowed on this thread- or was that just intentional humour?

Juventus are quite a big team.  Thought you'd have heard of them.  

17 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

Not rubbish, but if we signed Grigg he wouldn't be good enough for us, wouldn't you agree? 

by your logic, we shouldn't of signed Kodja as he's only played in the french second division, Vardy will never make it as a striker because he played for fleetwood,

8 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

If confirmed , and it seems it will be, it is the sort of signing we would not have made in the past, and demonstrates an improved scouting network. No one can judge the quality, but it is where we will have to search to find talent. I believe this week , from what I hear, a few players could be arriving. I am also not ruling out some departures before season starts. Little and Agard for example. 

Think you are right.  We knew there was value in Europe, but it is finding the right ones.  When we as fans are saying that we want £6m+ for Flint, then you know we are going to get quoted similar amounts for Maguire or Baker, especially this season as a lot of teams seem to be spending a helluva lot on players, an increase on last summer.

I like the fact that SL is sticking to his circa 24 years old policy supplemented by the odd bit of experience (LT and GON).  Magnússon would be another example.

At some point we may have to accept that these players move on, but like Peterborough, we make sure get the right amount back to invest in another 3 or 4 for the production line.

Reasons to be optimistic....about the squad we are trying to build.  No guarantees re position in table, gonna be just as tough as last season.

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

by your logic, we shouldn't of signed Kodja as he's only played in the french second division, Vardy will never make it as a striker because he played for fleetwood,

How have you got that from what I'm saying?!? They were clearly both the best players within their respective teams and showed ability to make the step up. Arnason was released by numerous clubs in the lower leagues for not being good enough. :/ 

9 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

Betty, I would reply, but I really don't understand your last sentence and how that relates to my comments regarding Arnason and Magnusson. Just seems like a really bad attempt to put my opinion down?

It relates because you've used simpletons logic to your assessment of Magnusson. 

Since your so negative towards this transfer please give me an insight into this lads strengths and weaknesses though.

5 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

How have you got that from what I'm saying?!? They were clearly both the best players within their respective teams and showed ability to make the step up. Arnason was released by numerous clubs in the lower leagues for not being good enough. :/ 

because you are making the assumption that magnesson isn't very good because he was being kept out of the side by a plymouth defender who happened to have a good tournament,

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

It relates because you've used simpletons logic to your assessment of Magnusson. 

Since your so negative towards this transfer please give me an insight into this lads strengths and weaknesses though.

I've not made a single comment on the players ability, or have negativity towards it. Would be an interesting signing, and one which would hopefully show a new way of our club tackling the transfer market. 

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

because you are making the assumption that magnesson isn't very good because he was being kept out of the side by a plymouth defender who happened to have a good tournament,

Fine, so why does that mean I don't think we should sign lower league players? 

10 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

Which clubs released him for not being good enough? 

He left Plymouth due to them entering administration and not being paid his wages, joined Aberdeen for one season and then wanted a move back to England. Joined Rotherham and won back to back promotions from league two into the championship and then signed for Malmo, one of the top clubs in Sweden!

4 minutes ago, !james said:

He left Plymouth due to them entering administration and not being paid his wages, joined Aberdeen for one season and then wanted a move back to England. Joined Rotherham and won back to back promotions from league two into the championship and then signed for Malmo, one of the top clubs in Sweden!

Plymouth, Aberdeen and Rotherham. You've kinda answered your own question. 

2 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

Plymouth, Aberdeen and Rotherham. You've kinda answered your own question. 

Well he wasn't released by any of those clubs he came to the end of his contract and decided to leave, and it certainly wasn't due to not being good enough.

Anymore shite you want to make up?

5 minutes ago, !james said:

Shhh he's rubbish and was released for not being good enough, stop using facts to make him sound like a decent player...:whistle:

1 hour ago, Clarky89 said:

No. Arnason was ahead of him in the pecking order. A 33 year old that spent the majority of his career as back up to League 1/2 Plymouth Argyle and Rotherham United. 

:/ 

Well it's just as well that's what his whole career should be judged around.

2 minutes ago, !james said:

Well he wasn't released by any of those clubs he came to the end of his contract and decided to leave, and it certainly wasn't due to not being good enough.

Anymore shite you want to make up?

Ah, he decided to leave and go backwards each transfer. Makes sense. 

Archived