IGNORED

Forum Fascists

Major Isewater

4 minutes ago, City169 said:

Right, but I'm asking for something actually obtainable.

I'd like world peace too, and if I had an opportunity to help that become a feasible reality then I would try and take it.

It's not obtainable, world peace doesn't exist because people see things differently, a forum where people from different walks of life contribute............. same difference

Right, but I'm asking for something actually obtainable.

I'd like world peace too, and if I had an opportunity to help that become a feasible reality then I would try and take it.

I'd start with world peace and build up to OTIB.  Baby steps first.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It's not obtainable, world peace doesn't exist because people see things differently, a forum where people from different walks of life contribute............. same difference

It's totally different. If a thread about Assombalonga was started, and some people tried to take it over with fish puns because someone from the Congo is a fisherman, that is no way comparable to world peace, which cannot happen because of deep rooted problems in hundreds of countries across the world

It's totally different. If a thread about Assombalonga was started, and some people tried to take it over with fish puns because someone from the Congo is a fisherman, that is no way comparable to world peace, which cannot happen because of deep rooted problems in hundreds of countries across the world

Fine, it's not the same and you are going to get your way on this one. ........................................:shifty:

Scrolling or swiping works for me.

I tend to post sensible stuff (matter of opinion) but sometimes can't help putting in something that I find mildly amusing.

I don't agree with a lot of what is being posted but try to put my view across...it is about opinions.

Since I've been in here (only a year posting but a while longer reading) I think I've only 'attacked' the poster once and that was last week, but even then I tried to qualify it.

I know I've dragged the forum down with talk of Kavos holidays and HMHB references, but I blame the person who kept 'liking' my posts for encouraging me.

Takes all sorts on here, some I know personally, some I don't, doesn't matter.  Some talk crap, some talk sense, some talk both.

OTIB is what it is!

There are times when I laugh out loud at a witty otib comment or one of Tone's jokes. There times when I cringe at some posters blinkered opinions and other times when I press the like button. 

Its a forum ffs, say what you want.

• Admin
40 minutes ago, TRL said:

I agree.  But the dull repetitive crap that gets bounded about as fun, i.e. Curbishely, Avon Gorge, Tony, Anthony Rougier etc etc is just not funny.  Its like telling the why did the chicken cross the road joke repetitively.  I can only assume those who post this type of thing must be related closely to Goldfish to still find it amusing

I am all for a bit of humour, but dull bland repeating of in forum jokes is tedious.

I'm with you on this - the originallity of the banter on here is piss poor. WE CAN DO BETTER !

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

There are times when I laugh out loud at a witty otib comment or one of Tone's jokes. There times when I cringe at some posters blinkered opinions and other times when I press the like button. 

Its a forum ffs, say what you want.

Agreed - honourable mention for the humble innuendo which often punches above it's weight on such occasions.

Take a bow son

EddieHitler nailed it. Humour is fine, welcome even. Puns just aren't funny and they are, for many of us, very annoying. We are massively over burdened with them and there's no way of filtering them out so littering every thread with them is inconsiderate.  

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

There seems to be an increase in posters who are attacking the forum and trying to impose their Ideals on what and where others should post .

This is a free forum that has developed really well for many years .

You can't please everybody all the time so for those that moan may i suggest that you manage your vie wing better and stop trying to break what is one of the best forums known to mankind .

Leave it alone .

If you wanted to mention @Robbored why didn't you just tag him?

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

As far as I am concerned I have always felt we were an anarcho syndicalist commune and as such all posts should be passed by a 2/3rds majority, however if anyone disagrees I guess we will be in danger of seeing the violence inherent in the system.

Don't you repress me!

I've always thought the forum to be a petty bourgeois individualist ideology denying any importance to organisation or discipline. Of course there is always the ongoing conflict that occurs in class society as each class pursues their opposing class interests

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I've always thought the forum to be a petty bourgeois individualist ideology denying any importance to organisation or discipline. Of course there is always the ongoing conflict that occurs in class society as each class pursues their opposing class interests

Don't you realise that a number of regular posters won't have a clue what you're on about........

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

The joke thread is crap , full of deadly earnest posters discussing formations . 

The point of a forum is interaction , if you can't react to a post with a bit of humour , like you would down the pub , then it will wither and die .

OTIB is like a large Family , you perhaps don't laugh at your 5 year old nephew's old joke but who are you to deny him the opportunity to    Tell it ?

OTIB is not your personal forum it is for everybody . Just accept the old girl as she is and be thankful that she exists at all .

Ya! "Ein forum, Ein volk, Ein reich!"

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Historically we go out on them to Germany.

Losing to the Huns on Puns then?

P.S. I reckon there aren't too may forums - especially from what I have seen of other club's forums - that have a wider range of topics, where posters get properly involved in threads, that have a good sprinkling of witty retorts, that have fierce but well conducted ( on the whole) debates, and where all the fans genuinely love the club as we are lucky to have on OTIB.

Of course in among that there are few who post crass comments, unfunny jokes and puns that can overwhelm some threads ( I'm guilty myself  - apologies)  but on the whole if it ain't broke then don't change it.

Archived