IGNORED

Is Hordur too pretty to be a good centre half in England?

Jack Dawe

Let's be plain, the boy is boyband good-looking. A pretty boy. And baby-faced. The Baby-Faced Centre Half.

hordur_bjorgvin_0.jpg

Stand the lad next to CR7, and the preening Portugese will be getting twitchy, feeling unsure of himself about having all eyes on him (am I right ladies?)

But can you be a solid centre half in England looking as cute as this?

Let's remind ourselves what a class centre half looks like in England:

John-Terry.jpg

Narrow eyed, pockmarked skin, dreadful hair. ****in' ugly (and a little bit racist). A nasty piece of work. That's what a centre half looks like in England. Ugly as ****. Think Steve Bruce, Tony Adams, Martin Keown. Think Stoke centre halves. Think Sam Allardyce. Even in Italy, that Chiellini is no oil painting, or in Spain, Puyol. Ugly ****ers the pair of them.

If you think of us, our finest defenders in living memory are Louis Carey and Jamie McCombe, Shaun Taylor, Rob Newman, Norman Hunter and now big Aden: mean, ugly ****ers to a man. Luke Ayling? Can't defend, people say, but brings the ball out nicely. He can't defend because he's too easy on the eye. Likewise John Stones.

You can come at me with your exceptions - blond haired, blue eyed WC winning Bobby Moore (paired with ugly JC) - but it's plain to see: proper defenders in England get their faces rearranged. 

Have we got the defensive DNA correct with our Hord? 

6 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Let's be plain, the boy is boyband good-looking. A pretty boy. And baby-faced. The Baby-Faced Centre Half.

You can come at me with your exceptions - blond haired, blue eyed WC winning Bobby Moore (paired with ugly JC) - but it's plain to see: proper defenders in England get their faces rearranged. 

It won't be long before Hodors pretty boy looks get damaged. He'll be in a war zone with the jealous and ugly CFs out to spoil his good looks.

21 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

hordur_bjorgvin_0.jpg

Stand the lad next to CR7, and the preening Portugese will be getting twitchy, feeling unsure of himself about having all eyes on him (am I right ladies?)

John-Terry.jpg

Narrow eyed, pockmarked skin, dreadful hair. ****in' ugly (and a little bit racist). A nasty piece of work. That's what a centre half looks like in England. Ugly as ****. Think Steve Bruce, Tony Adams, Martin Keown. Think Stoke centre halves. Think Sam Allardyce. Even in Italy, that Chiellini is no oil painting, or in Spain, Puyol. Ugly ****ers the pair of them.

If you think of us, our finest defenders in living memory are Louis Carey and Jamie McCombe, Shaun Taylor, Rob Newman, Norman Hunter and now big Aden: mean, ugly ****ers to a man. Luke Ayling? Can't defend, people say, but brings the ball out nicely. He can't defend because he's too easy on the eye. Likewise John Stones.

As a member of the female species, yes Magners is a cutie and would have all the premiership pretty boys quaking.

Will his soft angelic looks be a downfall? I doubt it. You don't get picked for the Euros (albeit as an unused sub) on looks alone.

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

hordur_bjorgvin_0.jpg

John-Terry.jpg

Man love Jack?.

Hopefully Mr Wilbs will be roughing him up in training, a few small scars or missing teeth will not go amiss or we could ask big Robbie Turner to take him for a night out.

I'm pretty sure my mum thought Norman Hunter was a decent looking fella when she used to take me up his Sportshop, up 'the Gilda'.

Just because he was hard as nails, doesn't mean he's an ugly ****er.

What did happen to my signed photo? Reckon my mum has it.

Sorry, Dad, if you're reading!

Nice theory, but I have a slight man-crush on Sergio Ramos and he ain't a bad centre half!

10 years at the top with Madrid and 136 caps for Spain. He's a master of the dark arts! Would be quality if Hordor becomes as good as he is.

5 hours ago, Super said:

He needs a broken nose.

Mmm. ..I wonder how many championship strikers will think the same....

Nothing wrong with having a pin up in the club......If he does as well as a Caulker the media will soon pick up on it.....may even help to fill that shiny new shed we got.....

10 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

Nothing wrong with having a pin up in the club......If he does as well as a Caulker the media will soon pick up on it.....may even help to fill that shiny new shed we got.....

Just look at nesta and cannavaro,I'm sure they were spot on defenders and good looking lads. Ooohhh sailor

6 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

As a member of the female species, yes Magners is a cutie and would have all the premiership pretty boys quaking.

Will his soft angelic looks be a downfall? I doubt it. You don't get picked for the Euros on looks alone.

Rooney was :)

30 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

Cunning ploy by the club....skip past him or stop for a quick snog, 

Archived