IGNORED

Parking

spudski

51 minutes ago, spudski said:

personally I think its a massive problem. I know people who have stopped going local to me, purely because of the ball ache getting there and finding parking. I'm sure we would get far more 'casual' supporters if parking was easier.

out of interest, how many local to you use to go? if its a good number say 4 - 6 can you not hire a car/mini bus from a taxi firm and split the cost?, that way they can drop you off and pick you up at the time that you want and the location,

Thats what myself and the crowd I go with do,  

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere before, but I was amazed how much more restrictive parking of up to 3 hours has been added around the streets near the tobacco factory. Its going to be even more of a nightmare to park this season. Spoke to a copper on the street and asked him his thoughts...he said ' its going to be a nightmare and the Police are dreading match days and that he can foresee real problems'...he added...' Blame it on the previous Major'. Where are you going to park? Public transport for me is nigh on impossible, especially evening games.

Parking control to Major George, check the parking regs and may gods love be with you...................................

5 minutes ago, Fiale said:

They should utilize the Park and ride and just have a small shuttle for match days - the days / times we have matches are out of the park and ride peak hours anyway, just bung a £1 for the 5min round trip to stadium and back....

The club/Bristol Sport have been trying to sort something. They had an agreement with First Bus but the council were raising safety objections over the possibility of people walking to/from the stadium.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Why is there always someone on a parking thread that wants to deny the problem?

Because they live in a world where they don't see queues or parking issues. 

Use of the park and ride - with some match day traffic management- is an absolute no brainier and potentially profitable for the Club and the Park and Ride owners. It's just far to commonsense for anyone at BCFC to appreciate. 

4 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

The club/Bristol Sport have been trying to sort something. They had an agreement with First Bus but the council were raising safety objections over the possibility of people walking to/from the stadium.

The Council always feel like they are holding things back in this city... give it a trial and see how it goes.. if 200 city fans get squashed like hedgehogs then we know it was a bad idea :whistle:

The site at Ashton Vale is right next to the Park and Ride and could be a very useful match day car park.  The club have it within their power to virtually solve the problem at a stroke.  It will be interesting to see the final version of their much vaunted transport plan!

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere before, but I was amazed how much more restrictive parking of up to 3 hours has been added around the streets near the tobacco factory. Its going to be even more of a nightmare to park this season. Spoke to a copper on the street and asked him his thoughts...he said ' its going to be a nightmare and the Police are dreading match days and that he can foresee real problems'...he added...' Blame it on the previous Major'. Where are you going to park? Public transport for me is nigh on impossible, especially evening games.

It would be interesting to know if the same restrictions are placed around the Memorial ground.

5 minutes ago, Fiale said:

The Council always feel like they are holding things back in this city... give it a trial and see how it goes.. if 200 city fans get squashed like hedgehogs then we know it was a bad idea :whistle:

I used it around 10 seasons ago - promoted by the Club or someone - with no problems (aside from exiting after the match) 

8 minutes ago, Fiale said:

I know how about a metro service?.

Why hasn't anybody ever thought of that in the past 20 odd years?.

They could even open up Ashton Halt railway station.

Problem solved, I am a visionary.

3 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Because they live in a world where they don't see queues or parking issues. 

Use of the park and ride - with some match day traffic management- is an absolute no brainier and potentially profitable for the Club and the Park and Ride owners. It's just far to commonsense for anyone at BCFC to appreciate. 

you can not blame or even begin to try and blame the club for parking issues or the fact we don't use the park and ride,

The club have bent over backwards on the issue, your blame needs to go to the council and the idiot in red trousers

Ok I've booked on just park. Looks like half a dozen or so left in the area for a fiver. It's the same cost as parking in the big car park opposite by car auction place but hopefully be quicker to get out. It does take the stress out of the situation and would be good if longer term solutions could be found. 

13 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

you can not blame or even begin to try and blame the club for parking issues or the fact we don't use the park and ride,

The club have bent over backwards on the issue, your blame needs to go to the council and the idiot in red trousers

They havnt. It's been an ever increasing issue for years. The cause may well be council policy, but they will not provide the solution to it.

12 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

They havnt. It's been an ever increasing issue for years. The cause may well be council policy, but they will not provide the solution to it.

the club have activlly tried to get a new station at ashton gate when the pod line reopens, they've wanted to put buses on only for the council to stop them due to health and safety, they tried to get use of the park and ride only for the operators to turn them down,

Short of buying every car-park near the ground as well as rent out every drive way in the area there is next to nothing the club can do, the problem lays with the council

33 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

The site at Ashton Vale is right next to the Park and Ride and could be a very useful match day car park.  The club have it within their power to virtually solve the problem at a stroke.  It will be interesting to see the final version of their much vaunted transport plan!

I get your point but you are forgetting the NIMBYs who need the grass for their dogs to have a dump on.

The dogs can't utilise it as a toilet if it's full of Ford Mondeos, Volvo V40s and Skoda Octavias...

Think of the dogs.

4 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I get your point but you are forgetting the NIMBYs who need the grass for their dogs to have a dump on.

The dogs can't utilise it as a toilet if it's full of Ford Mondeos, Volvo V40s and Skoda Octavias...

Think of the dogs.

the less said about gashead's wifes/sisters the better peg

It was a nightmare to find a place to park if you arrived around 1.30pm last season, and this season will be even worse as we should be getting 4/5000 more fans. Not sure what the club is doing regarding people who can only travel by car.

17 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

the club have activlly tried to get a new station at ashton gate when the pod line reopens, they've wanted to put buses on only for the council to stop them due to health and safety, they tried to get use of the park and ride only for the operators to turn them down,

Short of buying every car-park near the ground as well as rent out every drive way in the area there is next to nothing the club can do, the problem lays with the council

I'll accept the station, which will be a small part of any solution in the long term, but provide sources for your other two claims. 

18 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Think of the dogs.

Sorry Ma'am! You are right, of course!

1 hour ago, Bat Fastard said:

Last season it was the Create centre - just the other side of the park.

Check out the Wessex Bus service 505 Long ashton P&R to southmead Hospital. First and last stop is Bower Ashton for Ashton park school and by the radion station. Check timetables and rout map. these stops are 2 minutes from the P&R. They even take the old codgers bus passes if that's any use to you!

Archived