IGNORED

Parking

spudski

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere before, but I was amazed how much more restrictive parking of up to 3 hours has been added around the streets near the tobacco factory. Its going to be even more of a nightmare to park this season. Spoke to a copper on the street and asked him his thoughts...he said ' its going to be a nightmare and the Police are dreading match days and that he can foresee real problems'...he added...' Blame it on the previous Major'. Where are you going to park? Public transport for me is nigh on impossible, especially evening games.

22 minutes ago, spudski said:

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere before, but I was amazed how much more restrictive parking of up to 3 hours has been added around the streets near the tobacco factory. Its going to be even more of a nightmare to park this season. Spoke to a copper on the street and asked him his thoughts...he said ' its going to be a nightmare and the Police are dreading match days and that he can foresee real problems'...he added...' Blame it on the previous Major'. Where are you going to park? Public transport for me is nigh on impossible, especially evening games.

Also there are a lot of double yellow lines being painted on the roads in ashton Vale. 

25 minutes ago, spudski said:

@Major Isewater Right pain in the behind aren't you dear... look what you've done now. :P

This is my first season going down for a while so I'll be driving and parking is something I'm wondering about. I parked in Wickes car park on saturday and it wasn't busy but I imagine matchdays are different. There were a few spaces on North Street but that's all paying.

Tbh Peg, parking around AG has always been difficult for many years but this season it's going to be even more difficult. I'm able now to use public transport having moved fairly recently so that's how I'll be getting to the Gate.

There are a number of private parking options tha usually charge a fiver per game. I'll send you a pm with ones I know.

12 minutes ago, WRERE said:

This is my first season going down for a while so I'll be driving and parking is something I'm wondering about. I parked in Wickes car park on saturday and it wasn't busy but I imagine matchdays are different. There were a few spaces on North Street but that's all paying.

The Wickes Car Park on match days is ran as a Season ticket scheme by City....so I don't think you can just roll up and park there.  Unless you need a bag of nails from the store!

Costs me £130 for 23 league games.  Last season cup games were included, but not this season.  It's convenient for me, although can be manic getting out.  I don't mind because I just sit and listen to either Talksport, 5Live or Radio Bristol.

12 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

sadly spud you don't have many options I'm sorry to say, where are you travelling from?

sodding Chippery mate....always parked in side streets around Tobacco factory before. I was getting there around a12.30 last seaon and parking was a struggle then...no chance this season. Can see it detering a lot of people tbh.

As well as the parking problems, I still find the access to and from the ground pretty woeful. If you park around the Cumberland Basin for an evening match, good luck to you in getting across the parks, over the fences and down the railway track in the pitch black. And if you're an elderly fan, you're screwed. 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The Wickes Car Park on match days is ran as a Season ticket scheme by City....so I don't think you can just roll up and park there.  Unless you need a bag of nails from the store!

Costs me £130 for 23 league games.  Last season cup games were included, but not this season.  It's convenient for me, although can be manic getting out.  I don't mind because I just sit and listen to either Talksport, 5Live or Radio Bristol.

Is it still possible to get one of those tickets? Saves all the hassle and uncertainty.

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

sodding Chippery mate....always parked in side streets around Tobacco factory before. I was getting there around a12.30 last seaon and parking was a struggle then...no chance this season. Can see it detering a lot of people tbh.

park at the cricket club, should be spaces there at 12:30 but you'll have to pay, or if you don't mind a bit of a walk park at one of the side streets down near the masonic,

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Wasn't he asking for places to park?

OK fair enough, he was, but those side streets are becoming increasingly less common and it is not practical for everyone to get there as early as you need to, to be likely to get a space.

Although I'm reluctant to promote it for obvious reasons, JustPark is the way to go these days - in fact I'm amazed how many people still don't seem to know about it.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

OK fair enough, he was, but those side streets are becoming increasingly less common and it is not practical for everyone to get there as early as you need to, to be likely to get a space.

Although I'm reluctant to promote it for obvious reasons, JustPark is the way to go these days - in fact I'm amazed how many people still don't seem to know about it.

That's fair enough, Night games certainly are a problem, getting anywhere through Bristol these days is horrendous.

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

personally I think its a massive problem. I know people who have stopped going local to me, purely because of the ball ache getting there and finding parking. I'm sure we would get far more 'casual' supporters if parking was easier.

In broad terms it's most definitely a problem - but you really should check out JustPark if you haven't already.  For people like me who come from a fair distance in the car and can't always spare the time to get there hours in advance, it's a no-brainer.

44 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

As well as the parking problems, I still find the access to and from the ground pretty woeful. If you park around the Cumberland Basin for an evening match, good luck to you in getting across the parks, over the fences and down the railway track in the pitch black. And if you're an elderly fan, you're screwed. 

. And if you're an elderly fan, you're screwed. 

Most would  consider that a bonus . 

Archived