IGNORED

Parking

spudski

On 02/08/2016 at 08:40, spudski said:

Where do you park Frenchay? As parking restrictions have changed since the end of last season in many areas around the streets of the Tobacco Factory. Even the Policeman I spoke to admitted this...that is why I put the post up.

With respect...To say 'nothing has changed' is totally wrong...it maybe where you park, but not around where I've spoken about. More yellow lines and 3 hour restricted pay and display have been added.

If I turned up first game of the season not knowing this, I would struggle to find parking. Hence the post warning people of changes. I'm not sure why you would want to tell people otherwise.

There are more yellow lines. However the CPS and Pay & Display only operates Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm so unless I am totally missing your point there is no issue with 3 hour restrictions. https://www.bristol.gov.uk/en_US/parking/southville

41 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Ashton court car park five min walk and only £2 for the day

I have parked there before but am slightly nervous in winter because the sign says that the gates close at sundown, which is well before the 5.15 time that you can get there if you see the game to the end.

On 2 August 2016 at 16:44, Robbored said:

Years ago - back in the late 60s early 70s a local coach company used to travel around local villages and pick up fans to watch Swindon Town and charge the customer a fee 2/6 if I remember righty. I was "persuaded" to go once by a local Swindon fan who was a well known bully - it's a long story - but it was an easy way to get to the game and back.

Would that that kind of idea still be possible these days?

We used to have back late 70's early 80's a coach that drove down from Gloucester side of the Forest ( maybe Gloucester itself can't remember) down through Forest of Dean to Chepstow, then onto AG 

I used to catch it at Chepstow 50p which went direct to AG. 

Think it stopped when we went through bad times, so could of been subsidise by the club. It worked well as it took more support from outside of Bristol etc.

Archived