IGNORED

FourFourTwo season preview

'Orns

4 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I know Holloway has predicted us 10th. Last year he said similar iirc.

So we're doomed to a relegation fight.

I read earlier that the rat faced**** has tipped the 15ers for the Div 3 title as well. Apparently they are 'rocking' and there is a billionaire bankrolling the club. Just ******* ugh

This is what he said about us back in August 2015... :facepalm: wouldn't believe what he said even if it was iron clad.

The Rovers fans will kill me but I'm going with Bristol City. Steve Cotterill has done brilliantly and I think they could be the dark horses of the division. They'll be going into the new season with that euphoria of being promoted; once you get that ball of good energy, it can carry you through the divisions, just like Southampton found.

33 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

17th.

Bright chap the fan tho.

One change you would make.?

"To be better on the commercial side of things".

4-4-2 has been told as well about the BS.

Meh - although I don't remember FFT ever tipping us to do that well

16 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Meh - although I don't remember FFT ever tipping us to do that well

To be fair, I think if I were on the outside then - especially with the big names in the division - I'd be tipping other teams to do better than us.  I think we can be dark horses this season but I'd not expect us to be high on the predictions. 

Haven't seen 442 prediction yet, but the Sun had a 12 page pull out on the Football league today. Best 11 of the Championship included JK, with whom they said Prem teams should be going after this month and they valued him at 10m. Not a bad return for what we paid for him.

French league 1 strikers should definitely be on our radar.

18 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

In fairness... look who crops up as number 8 on this list.... and it ain't dopey.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/8-worlds-best-young-managers-under-40

Fair play. Hard to believe that AVB is still only 38!

9 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

To be fair, I think if I were on the outside then - especially with the big names in the division - I'd be tipping other teams to do better than us.  I think we can be dark horses this season but I'd not expect us to be high on the predictions. 

Not just on about this season mate, I think anywhere between 10th and 18th I couldn't argue with right now

6 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Can someone tell Lee Johnson? Will tell @Tomarse to turn the webcam off.

What if it was Flinty having a little tinkle, you pervs would be all over it....

4 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Fair play. Hard to believe that AVB is still only 38!

Not just on about this season mate, I think anywhere between 10th and 18th I couldn't argue with right now

What if it was Flinty having a little tinkle, you pervs would be all over it....

I'm more a Marlon Pack fan myself. I like the furry face. However, I can't speak for the official Aden Flint Fan Club which consists of @Dollymarie, @RedM and @Strawberry2157.

37 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Holloway predicted us to win pretty much every single game last season, I personally think he's scared of being called biased because of his affiliation with the 15ers he says ridiculous things all the time.

He can't look at us dispassionately so his predictions for us tend to be well wide of the mark; usually erring far too high because he knows he doesn't like us so overcompensates.

17 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

I'm more a Marlon Pack fan myself. I like the furry face. However, I can't speak for the official Aden Flint Fan Club which consists of @Dollymarie, @RedM and @Strawberry2157.

I'm pledging my alegance with Mr Tomlin!! Twinkle toes does it for me now!!! :laugh:

@Dollymarie& @RedM can share Flinty on a 50/50 time share now!!!

17 minutes ago, Strawberry2157. said:

I'm pledging my alegance with Mr Tomlin!! Twinkle toes does it for me now!!! :laugh:

@Dollymarie& @RedM can share Flinty on a 50/50 time share now!!!

Ha ha thank you. I've been ever hopeful of a ginger being added but alas our new boy Tammy isn't so I'm loyal to Flinty...and I'm even cussing myself for wishing Sunderland stayed up at the end of the season, I dint want to play them as they are a long way away and boring :grr:

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

So 4-4-2 have us down for 17th place?  That would be a terrible season in my book, I'm sure we'll break into the top ten this time.

On SSN have just shown bookies odds and we're 11/2 to be relegated. Keep the doom coming pundits. I remember 2008!!!!

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

So 4-4-2 have us down for 17th place?  That would be a terrible season in my book, I'm sure we'll break into the top ten this time.

Agreed.  While 17th overall would be just about acceptable in terms of keeping us in the division, it would really go against most of what the club has been trying to showcase and build this summer.

A 17th place finish either comes from being 17th all season (which would be a bit dull/disappointing), a similar year as last where we kick on late after a bad start struggling around the bottom 3 for a long time, or a good season turns bad at the end and we go about 10 games without winning to finish the season.

It is a very difficult league but I'm hoping for top half at least tbg.

Archived