IGNORED

Unpopular opinions

Thatwasclose

53 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Just wanted to know why you made that statement really. For the points I listed, I think S82 and similar groups are really necessary to prevent our atmosphere from being appalling. 

Interested to know why you said what you said, if that's actually what you think.

I just feel like supporter groups like that often serve to be divisive rather than uniting - almost as though they create an us and them feeling. The singers v the non-singers, or however they'd bill it.

I have no issue with the sentiment of improving the atmosphere and having a singsong - it's probably more the Section 82 name behind it all. Why try to make themselves different to other Bristol City supporters?

My old man and I don't call ourselves the Somerset Sausages just to be different from other fans. We're all in it together, I thought. We're all Bristol City fans, not one section or another.

Anyway, like I said, not particularly rational, is it? I just find it a bit annoying.

1 hour ago, The Journalist said:

I just feel like supporter groups like that often serve to be divisive rather than uniting - almost as though they create an us and them feeling. The singers v the non-singers, or however they'd bill it.

I have no issue with the sentiment of improving the atmosphere and having a singsong - it's probably more the Section 82 name behind it all. Why try to make themselves different to other Bristol City supporters?

My old man and I don't call ourselves the Somerset Sausages just to be different from other fans. We're all in it together, I thought. We're all Bristol City fans, not one section or another.

Anyway, like I said, not particularly rational, is it? I just find it a bit annoying.

I can see what you're saying. Don't think it's uncommon for supporter groups to name themselves though. I think the divisiveness cuts both ways though, you get people who go in other stands still believing S82 'asked' for the cheapest tickets and have no solutions about where they should go if not the Atyeo.

3 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Or if too sozzled....attemptedwrongorificeinsertion.

3 hours ago, The Journalist said:

Ah, bugger, sorry.

Accidentally apt response to the previous post, even thought the Journo wasn't replying to Mike's comment.:)

Archived