IGNORED

Unpopular opinions

Thatwasclose

9 hours ago, Thatwasclose said:

4. No club serious about challenging for promotion will have a 37yr old forward in the lineup. Sadly you have to be ruthless when you get to a certain stage and let people go at the right time and no be swayed by sentiment. :sad26:

I know you are not looking for debate in this thread but I just have to say....

a) Short of paying up his contract we have no choice

b) Teddy Sheringham

27 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

I think football won't be as much fun if we get to the Premiership.

Im not sure I want lots of glory hunting fans and a grim struggle for survival each season.

I used to feel like this when we had our good season in 2008 and made the play off final. Even at Wembley I wasn't that bothered about winning because I wasn't sure if I wanted all the glamour and bandwagon hopping of a premier league season.

Seeing that we've spent stupid money anyway (perhaps not in comparison to the prem but still way out of our reasonable means) and it hasn't been all that great since, I'm the opposite now though and would love us to get there.  I think we're much more prepared for it long term as well now.

11 minutes ago, #roe said:

I used to feel like this when we had our good season in 2008 and made the play off final. Even at Wembley I wasn't that bothered about winning because I wasn't sure if I wanted all the glamour and bandwagon hopping of a premier league season.

Seeing that we've spent stupid money anyway (perhaps not in comparison to the prem but still way out of our reasonable means) and it hasn't been all that great since, I'm the opposite now though and would love us to get there.  I think we're much more prepared for it long term as well now.

Even at the time although I felt empty inside I still couldn't help thinking that Dean Windass' goal was a cracker.

I don't think apathy is such a bad thing.  If everyone cared passionately about everything nothing would ever get gone.  We would waste our lives arguing endlessly about things that don't matter in the grand scheme of things.  Like hashtags on shirts.

Good thread OP.  Could rival Dion Dublin.

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Despite the fact that they may get offended when called out, no forum poster is consistently 'ITK'. They may get lucky or hear whispers which are correct intermittently, but nobody has a direct feed to LJ/MA...

I'm not sure anyone claims to be consistently ITK. It annoys me when people get annoyed at others for sharing things, after all, aren't the transfer rumours probably the best thing about otib? I know they certainly keep me happy. 

9 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's odd that, I agree and I've never noticed it with any other youth prospect we've had. I don't remember such a groundswell of support for Reid/Bryan at Plymouth for example as well as such frequent calls for their recall. I too don't think he's quite there yet. It's great to see youth prospects progress but he's not championship standard yet in my opinion.

This will be an unpopular opinion too I imagine, but I think it stems from his dad being on the forum.

I got lambasted for suggesting in the Wales call up thread that I didnt think he was good enough for a call up, and told to have more respect because his dad read the forums.

In all fairness if you read the forums of your lads football team youve got to expect the good and the bad and be thick skinned to it. Everyones entitled to their opinion on any player and the way the likes of LJ, Kilkenny, Fontaine etc have been ripped to shreds on this forum, anything goes it seems.

Archived