IGNORED

Unpopular opinions

Thatwasclose

48 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's odd that, I agree and I've never noticed it with any other youth prospect we've had. I don't remember such a groundswell of support for Reid/Bryan at Plymouth for example as well as such frequent calls for their recall. I too don't think he's quite there yet. It's great to see youth prospects progress but he's not championship standard yet in my opinion.

It might be that during the awful SoD times in league 1, Reid and Bryan were starting/regular, but when Wes came on he was invariably a bright spark- one of very few positive bright sparks at the time. People will cling to the positive and I can easily see how people would then talk a player up because of things like that.

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's odd that, I agree and I've never noticed it with any other youth prospect we've had. I don't remember such a groundswell of support for Reid/Bryan at Plymouth for example as well as such frequent calls for their recall. I too don't think he's quite there yet. It's great to see youth prospects progress but he's not championship standard yet in my opinion.

No I dont remember that much real support for them 2 either. I dont know, admittedly Burns played well vs Middlesbrough last season but every other time I have seen him, must be about 10-15 times now he has been poor. Like I said, would love him to prove me wrong, just dont think he is that good at all.

29 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

No I dont remember that much real support for them 2 either. I dont know, admittedly Burns played well vs Middlesbrough last season but every other time I have seen him, must be about 10-15 times now he has been poor. Like I said, would love him to prove me wrong, just dont think he is that good at all.

There is a frequent poster on here who claimed that I "haven't got a clue about football" because I posted that burns is not good enough. This poster is quite popular on here but I think it's more to do with their comedic value than their opinions. Personally I think they come across as a dick. 

I do not want any manager of our football club to "give us a wave", on demand, in the middle of a match, and I think that people who do are a little bit, you know, weird. Since by a law of averages I probably know quite a few people who do this, I have never ever mentioned it. But there you go. Fruitcakes, the lot of them.

I think football won't be as much fun if we get to the Premiership.

Im not sure I want lots of glory hunting fans and a grim struggle for survival each season.

I used to like U2 before they became popular.  Once they became famous I then realised what a ****t Bono was.  I don't want Bristol City to turn out to be Bono.

I think it's a bit sad that we have a number of fans in the Atyeo who for some reason can't help but shout "you c--ts" after every line of a chant.

I don't buy that it's a minority either as that was the loudest noise I heard from the Atyeo on Saturday, being sat in the South Stand.

9 hours ago, Thatwasclose said:

I think debates have to have two sides so let's recognise we can't all possibly have the same opinions.

With that in mind I was wondering what unpopular opinions some of you have? Who knows there might be others who feel the same 

here are mine:

1. Best seats in the house now gotta be in Dolman, would rather see the new stand than be in it.. Looks awesome from there. :yawn:

2. LJ needs to relax, I get that he is honest but it's also a good quality to know when not to be honest, a bit too blunt all the time for my liking :facepalm:

3. I thought Alying was in over his head in the Championship, lovely touch but no end product which was a bit frustrating. :grr:

4. No club serious about challenging for promotion will have a 37yr old forward in the lineup. Sadly you have to be ruthless when you get to a certain stage and let people go at the right time and no be swayed by sentiment. :sad26:

But a 39 year old forward might get you promoted to the Prem?

Just asking, like...

8 minutes ago, City169 said:

I think it's a bit sad that we have a number of fans in the Atyeo who for some reason can't help but shout "you c--ts" after every line of a chant.

I don't buy that it's a minority either as that was the loudest noise I heard from the Atyeo on Saturday, being sat in the South Stand.

I don't understand why some people can only proclaim their love for their club by how much they hate other clubs.

I love my kids but I don't feel the need to tell my friends that their kids are a shithouse to validate this.  (Despite the fact that some of my friends kids have absolutely nothing to love about them).

9 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

I think football won't be as much fun if we get to the Premiership.

Im not sure I want lots of glory hunting fans and a grim struggle for survival each season.

I used to like U2 before they became popular.  Once they became famous I then realised what a ****t Bono was.  I don't want Bristol City to turn out to be Bono.

Unpopular opinions he asked for.

The majority of supporters don't want to stand up and wave a flag during a match. They enjoy sitting and don't want to be told when to stand up and sit down by the "real" supporters in the Atyeo. 

Archived