IGNORED

Unpopular opinions

Thatwasclose

52 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

This will be an unpopular opinion too I imagine, but I think it stems from his dad being on the forum.

I got lambasted for suggesting in the Wales call up thread that I didnt think he was good enough for a call up, and told to have more respect because his dad read the forums.

In all fairness if you read the forums of your lads football team youve got to expect the good and the bad and be thick skinned to it. Everyones entitled to their opinion on any player and the way the likes of LJ, Kilkenny, Fontaine etc have been ripped to shreds on this forum, anything goes it seems.

Have some decency for gods sake! His dad reads the forum! 

God...

3 hours ago, jambodinho said:

There is a frequent poster on here who claimed that I "haven't got a clue about football" because I posted that burns is not good enough. This poster is quite popular on here but I think it's more to do with their comedic value than their opinions. Personally I think they come across as a dick. 

You think Alan Dicks posts on here...awesome!

11 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

The Atyeo looks far worse..

I think everyone accepts the Atyeo as the ginger stepson, but the Dolman looks like it doesn't know what it wants to be. New stand/old stand? Who knows! 

I'm guessing there was a valid reason for not doing it but I would have liked to see the roof continue round from the south stand so it looks similar in style. 

Many OTIB posters don't know the difference between posting an unpopular opinion and a comment they think will be unpopular.

This of course as this thread alone proves, is also not an unpopular opinion but more a statement of fact 

1 minute ago, Neo said:

Many OTIB posters don't know the difference between posting an unpopular opinion and a comment they think will be unpopular.

This of course as this thread alone proves, is also not an unpopular opinion but more a statement of fact 

I can tell you're the one

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I think everyone accepts the Atyeo as the ginger stepson, but the Dolman looks like it doesn't know what it wants to be. New stand/old stand? Who knows! 

I'm guessing there was a valid reason for not doing it but I would have liked to see the roof continue round from the south stand so it looks similar in style. 

Yeah probably because fans on here moaned like hell about soulless bowl stadiums so they thought they would mix it up a bit even if it does look shit!

Going back a few years.

The worst thing about the appointment of Pulis was not the football per se (although that was awful), but the fact that him coming in meant Lennartson went. Benny was a top coach and was developing young players who played the right way - kind of what our strategy is now. 

In short, appointing Pulis set us back 10 years - just not for the popular reason

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I'm not sure anyone claims to be consistently ITK. It annoys me when people get annoyed at others for sharing things, after all, aren't the transfer rumours probably the best thing about otib? I know they certainly keep me happy. 

Agree, and it was supposed to be an unpopular opinion!

I think the transfer forum has been great and it has allowed some detailed discussion/sh*t puns on targets/suggestions. What I don't like is when people say they've heard we're in for someone then don't name names. Respect their reasons for not revealing source, but, tbh, would rather something of that nature just wasn't posted 

Standing behind the goal gives you a horrible view of a football match and makes me queasy.

Real football fans all want to watch from as near the halfway line as possible. 

The fabled singers don't watch the football, they're too busy watching each other and the opposition fans.

1 hour ago, Calculus said:

I can never hear Section 82...

I get confused between 'Section 82' and 'Clause 28'.  Must be my dyslexia.

I have to keep reminding myself that Section 82 are not a pressure group tackling homophobia.

I suspect this would not make me popular with our superfans.

Just now, Leveller said:

Standing behind the goal gives you a horrible view of a football match and makes me queasy.

Real football fans all want to watch from as near the halfway line as possible. 

The fabled singers don't watch the football, they're too busy watching each other and the opposition fans.

Can't argue with that either..............:facepalm:

1 minute ago, BA14 RED said:

I really didnt enjoy the style of Football we played in the 2007/08 play off season and the seasons afterwards. We became a really physical side, City have never been that, it disappointed me.

AND I hated all the shirts that had DAS as the sponsor, awful shirts

Another post I can't disagree with.....I must be losing my touch..........:facepalm:

The majority of football fans and sports fans who give 'opinion and voice', on a forum or at a game, do so, knowing very little facts on the subject they are talking about.

'Before you start to give opinion or judge...step into their shoes, and walk the life they are leading...etc,etc,etc'

Archived