IGNORED

Away fans in south stand!!

Full nelson

39 minutes ago, Akira said:

Ok this thread has fired up some interesting points, and some that are just utterly ludicrous. 

My take on it is this. 

I enjoy the rivalry between clubs, sets of fans etc. It's part of what I crave at football. It's what got me hooked at city, hearing both sets of fans chanting at each other. Hearing the roar when we score, meaning that little bit extra because of all the stick you've been getting for the past 50 odd minutes etc. 

Start mixing the crowds, and you take all that away in my opinion. 

And no, I'm not saying people should get a slap or whatever has been mentioned before, but come on, let's be honest, we're not at a point where it's 'fine and okay' to mix in the home end, and anyone that does, should definitely be quiet and not celebrate, mainly out of respect, but also if they had any sense at all, they'd know they'd be putting themselves at risk, rightly or wrongly. 

The rules are there, no away support in home ends. Now even if, in this case, the club put them there, if the fans started over cheering, goading etc, and the stewards didn't do anything, then they're taking the piss and I'm glad someone told them to do one. That's where I draw the line. If city concede a goal, I'm annoyed, angry, upset. Last thing I want is some away fans rubbing my nose in it. 

But punches being thrown, if that is what happened, is obviously wrong, and now puts the blame back on our fans. But if it's just people shouting at them then so be it. 

These fans knew what they were doing, and what they were doing was wrong. This isn't rugby (thank god). It's football. And the rules in football are home and away fans have to be segregated. 

Spot on again Akira and written very well.

Just now, Loon plage said:

Dont follow you fella. but with your attitude you deserve everything you're going to get.

My attitude is one of peace and harmony, inviting you to join me at Newcastle to show you there is no issue with away supporters enjoying the facilities on offer to visiting hospitality guests.

Your attitude is one of inciting violence towards me by others. 

I'm happy to see away supporters use our hospitality facilities and provide welcome revenue to the club. 

Your happy to see violence perpetuated on them, by your very statement of the same towards me. 

I'm embarrassed for you and embarrassed to call you a fellow supporter. 

Even as that may be, the offer stands. Perhaps you might reconsider. 

35 minutes ago, spudski said:

Just for you and your mate and anyone else who gets 'offended' by another supporter cheering for their team ;-)

And just clarify...those of you saying no fans should be together and segregated...you are wrong. Hospitality has been sold to both sets of supporters for years...and they've sat together in the 'home' section as well. It used to be in the 'posh seats' in the Williams.

This was the case on Saturday.

Your off again. For anyone that was offended by my language the other night I apologise. And I was given a temporary ban .Fair enough. Surprised this person didn't get one . It's done now spudski so leave your stupid little comments out of it . And for all this moral high ground u need to grow up

42 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

You will get the shit kicked out of you and you will deserve it.

There are very few things, if any, in this world that deserve that. Supporting a football team and celebrating when they do well is not one of them. But then, what would I know? I'm just a fat weirdo apparently.

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Your off again. For anyone that was offended by my language the other night I apologise. And I was given a temporary ban .Fair enough. Surprised this person didn't get one . It's done now spudski so leave your stupid little comments out of it . And for all this moral high ground u need to grow up

Learnt your lesson then?!

4 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

There are very few things, if any, in this world that deserve that. Supporting a football team and celebrating when they do well is not one of them. But then, what would I know? I'm just a fat weirdo apparently.

Celebrate with your own fans. Show respect for your hosts by not acting provocatively.

It's quite simple really.

Celebrate with your own fans. Show respect for your hosts by not acting provocatively.

It's quite simple really.

Show respect maybe, it's always good to show respect, but 'not showing respect' is not worthy of a kicking either.

That's quite simple too if you think about it, rather than giving in to those primeval animalistic urges.

14 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

My attitude is one of peace and harmony, inviting you to join me at Newcastle to show you there is no issue with away supporters enjoying the facilities on offer to visiting hospitality guests.

Your attitude is one of inciting violence towards me by others. 

I'm happy to see away supporters use our hospitality facilities and provide welcome revenue to the club. 

Your happy to see violence perpetuated on them, by your very statement of the same towards me. 

Even as that may be, the offer stands. Perhaps you might reconsider. 

I am not a fellow anything of yours. You are simply a wind up merchant and if you should take it upon yourself to celebrate amongst Newcastle supporters you are showing them disrespect and frankly deserve everything that comes your way as a consequence.

5 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Show respect maybe, it's always good to show respect, but 'not showing respect' is not worthy of a kicking either.

That's quite simple too if you think about it, rather than giving in to those primeval animalistic urges.

I think we can agree to disagree on that point Rich as i'm quite keen on showing and being shown respect.

2 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

1 minute ago, Loon plage said:

I am not a fellow anything of yours. You are simply a wind up merchant and if you should take it upon yourself to celebrate amongst Newcastle supporters you are showing them disrespect and frankly deserve everything that comes your way as a consequence.

A mate of mine is a season ticket holder at Newcastle, So I ran this scenario past him i.e. City fans in with home supporters and cheering when we scored. Once he stopped laughing he said 'they wouldn't be cheering for very long'! Enough said methinks!

If your not a fellow Bristol City supporter then why would you be contributing to a Bristol City forum? That's a bit odd don't you think?

A little bit like being an away supporter in a home end?

In all the games (that are countless to mention) I've been supporting City away I've never not cheered a goal of ours being scored. Why should I?

You mention the disrespect shown by doing this and consequences and getting what's deserved, where's the respect towards me for my point of view?

Oh I get it now! Duh! Because my point of view differs to yours I need to be singled out a get everything I deserve as a result which by your reckoning is violence.

So I ask what are the consequences for you as your view differs from mine? What do you think is an acceptable consequence for your hostile attitude towards me?

I say again, have a think about what your saying and what you think is acceptable behaviour at a football match.

9 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I think we can agree to disagree on that point Rich as i'm quite keen on showing and being shown respect.

Apologies for overstepping the mark at the end of my comment.

One day I'll learn where that line is. I'm getting better though :P

Actually, **** it, there was no need for me to apologise. The desire to 'kick the shit out of someone' is indeed a primeval, animalistic urge and it's something most of us manage to keep under control. If you can't keep it under control just because someone is celebrating their team doing better than yours then you need help.

2 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

If your not a fellow Bristol City supporter then why would you be contributing to a Bristol City forum? That's a bit odd don't you think?

A little bit like being an away supporter in a home end?

In all the games (that are countless to mention) I've been supporting City away I've never not cheered a goal of ours being scored. Why should I?

You mention the disrespect shown by doing this and consequences and getting what's deserved, where's the respect towards me for my point of view?

Oh I get it now! Duh! Because my point of view differs to yours I need to be singled out a get everything I deserve as a result which by your reckoning is violence.

So I ask what are the consequences for you as your view differs from mine? What do you think is an acceptable consequence for your hostile attitude towards me?

I say again, have a think about what your saying and what you think is acceptable behaviour at a football match.

You have issues Charlie. Perhaps too much Charlie who knows?

16 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:
16 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I'm 'not off again' as you put it fella...I was replying to someone who quoted me, just as you have.

I think you'll find I am the one who's 'grown up'...if you can't see taking chunks out of people for daring to support another football team wrong, then that's your problem.

I also never called you a terrorist.

I implied,  that your view on how violence was acceptable if someone offended you, by supporting another team and celebrating...was in fact the same way a terrorist thinks. They inflict violence on people for daring to 'offend' them.

Can you see how that is the same now.

As for swearing and being offended...I'm not offended by you. And even if I was...so what. Let me offended. I'm not hurt, it doesn't affect me, and I don't want to bash your brains in for having your own views.

I can however debate in an adult manner with you, and reason with you, that it is not acceptable to attack someone, because they have offended you.

Like I said before...I've witnessed someone having their throat cut for daring to support another team. How ridiculous is that. You punch someone for supporting another team...they go down, hit their head and die. Think about it...the consequences etc etc....all over a game of football...really?

And certain people say 'it's just how it is'. That's how the terrorists think...people offend them, they kill them...'it's just how it is' in their world too.

So yes...people do need to take the moral high ground. Make a difference, and don't just accept that's how it is.

12 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Apologies for overstepping the mark at the end of my comment.

One day I'll learn where that line is. I'm getting better though :P

Actually, **** it, there was no need for me to apologise. The desire to 'kick the shit out of someone' is indeed a primeval, animalistic urge and it's something most of us manage to keep under control. If you can't keep it under control just because someone is celebrating their team doing better than yours then you need help.

I disagree Rich.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'm 'not off again' as you put it fella...I was replying to someone who quoted me, just as you have.

I think you'll find I am the one who's 'grown up'...if you can't see taking chunks out of people for daring to support another football team wrong, then that's your problem.

I also never called you a terrorist.

I implied,  that your view on how violence was acceptable if someone offended you, by supporting another team and celebrating...was in fact the same way a terrorist thinks. They inflict violence on people for daring to 'offend' them.

Can you see how that is the same now.

As for swearing and being offended...I'm not offended by you. And even if I was...so what. Let me offended. I'm not hurt, it doesn't affect me, and I don't want to bash your brains in for having your own views.

I can however debate in an adult manner with you, and reason with you, that it is not acceptable to attack someone, because they have offended you.

Like I said before...I've witnessed someone having their throat cut for daring to support another team. How ridiculous is that. You punch someone for supporting another team...they go down, hit their head and die. Think about it...the consequences etc etc....all over a game of football...really?

And certain people say 'it's just how it is'. That's how the terrorists think...people offend them, they kill them...'it's just how it is' in their world too.

So yes...people do need to take the moral high ground. Make a difference, and don't just accept that's how it is.

I wasn't apologising to u I meant every word. As for terrorist thing your chatting absolute rubbish. Comparing football fans to terrorists . You're living on planet zog my old fruit xxx

6 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Hmmm I think it's clear for everyone to see you seem to be struggling with the concept of a rational debate. 

Still I'll be here should you wish to bring it out of the playground. 

You however clearly struggle with the concept of behaving respectfully towards others.

Please carry on and express yourself in Newcastle later in the season.

24 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Never before has a post been such a contradiction. 

It's views such as his and his previous comment which are the reason that the club were willing to let an element of the fan base stay in the atyeo.

Celebrated in many a corporate area at grounds around a country but have been aware that you have to be sensible, never had a problem.   Corporate areas such as this are very new at Ashton Gate and are going to take some getting used to for some people.  

4 minutes ago, Bowie said:

It's views such as his and his previous comment which are the reason that the club were willing to let an element of the fan base stay in the atyeo.

Celebrated in many a corporate area at grounds around a country but have been aware that you have to be sensible, never had a problem.   Corporate areas such as this are very new at Ashton Gate and are going to take some getting used to for some people.  

But....but......but.....they were taking the piss........on our manor! The reputation of Bristol City has to be upheld....nobody takes liberties on our manor. I'll bet they had shit shoes too.

1 hour ago, Charliesboots said:

I would be embarrassed that someone would invite a fellow city fans to share hospitality with this guy. . . 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/comment/sports-direct-attacked-for-workhouse-conditions-but-they-are-by-no-means-unique-to-mike-ashleys-a7150571.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36465404

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/aug/22/sports-direct-pays-mike-ashleys-older-brother-international-delivery

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-accounts-reveal-rangers-could-8645538

4 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

But....but......but.....they were taking the piss........on our manor! The reputation of Bristol City has to be upheld....nobody takes liberties on our manor. I'll bet they had shit shoes too.

Rich for an avowed right on PC pacifist you don't half sail close to the wind on some of your comments. Rather provocative if I may say so. I am being pilloried by several of you for promoting the concept of respecting your hosts and recognising that if such respect isn't shown then there is a strong possibility of getting into a very difficult situationand I don't "need help" for holding that view.

4 hours ago, spudski said:

Taking the piss and winding up opposition fans happens in all sports...Rugby, cricket, speedway, etc,etc It doesn't lead to fighting...just banter.

To be fair that is just nonsense

I've seen more trouble with Bath / Gloucester / Exeter rugby fans on trains than I have of football fans

Also seen incidents at Lords / Taunton / Bristol between cricket fans... Shall we also talk about rugby league too?

To say it only happens in football is the sort of comment a Sun reader that believed all the Hillsboro reporting to be true would make, not someone clearly knowledable like yourself

On 8/21/2016 at 09:20, The New Gate said:

I can assure you 100% that BCFC are more than happy to take both home and away fans at £99.00 plus vat each game !!

Massive revenue massive profit 

and that is part of the problem, where they are situated now is on top of the "home end" - this was never the case before

This thread is so 2016..

Whats wrong with a bit of rivalry between fans. Everyone loves a bit of goading and banter from the safety of their seat. All for 90 minutes only with normal service resumed at full time. 

Its all pretend, of course, but it's part of the football match day atmosphere. Home fans in the home end. Away fans in the away end. Should you find yourself in an unfamiliar end then you follow the widely agreed and unwritten rule, like any normal human being.

If you don't follow said rule then it's quite clear that its an intention is to provoke your opposing fans. 

Please never become like Rugby. The majority of supporters are happy to mix and find out about each other's team before and after the game. But during the game let us scream and shout for our team.

Archived