IGNORED

Away fans in south stand!!

Full nelson

8 minutes ago, harrys said:

Absolute idiots, if you sat in the home end and your team score and you start jumping up down then you are asking for trouble,or am I missing something here?

Yes, you are missing the broader debate about whether violence towards anyone based on football loyalties is ever justified.

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Couldn't agree more...

We have become a culture, of blame everyone else for the actions we take...in this case the Stewards.

We blame Government, Police, Teachers etc,etc, for not controlling actions or behaviour..

How about we control our own actions.

So some blokes celebrated a goal...good God the shame. Why shouldn't they....

It happens at every other sport, apart from football. And we wonder why Authorities look at football supporters with contempt.

Imo...the City 'fans' that went out of their way to confront the Newcastle fans for celebrating should have been thrown out.

Why supporters just can't see it was a great goal, well taken, appreciate the skill...allow the opposition fans to celebrate, have some banter and then just cheers the lads on?

Why is that so hard to do?

I think a lot of what you post is crap, but I agree with this. 

22 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think a lot of what you post is crap, but I agree with this. 

That did make me chuckle - a 'like' won't do, no, you need to let him know it's a one off

6 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I was in the Heineken today. The late Bucksreds wife paid for me to be in there with her as a treat before she moves up to Scotland. 

I was 4 rows behind where it kicked off. It did take an absolute age for anyone to get there from the stewards, which wasn't good, and the Newcastle fans were absolutely out of order for celebrating as they did. 

BUT a small minority of our own fans should be ashamed of themselves for their behaviour today. Several individuals ran from other blocks, one from at least two blocks away, to confront said Newcastle fans and I saw at least a few punches thrown by them. 

Ridiculous for the Newcastle fans to celebrate as they did, I have no idea why they were even in that area but just as ridiculous was the reaction from some of our fans today. 

They have bloody good cctv now, and I wouldn't be surprised if some people get at least spoken to if not more as a result of their behaviour today. 

Sorry if this makes me sound like a misery guts, but there was no need for the reaction that a few of our fans gave when the Newcastle muppets jumped up. 

Thought I saw you there, I was right next to the whole pallava. If the Geordies had kept quiet we could all have carried on in peace but it's a tad disrespectful, and very foolish, to celebrate in a vocal and arrogant manner like that. 

I once watched us from the Grimby end and kept very quiet when City scored a last minute winner. 

12 hours ago, Can't stand me now said:

Theres a reason for home & away ends. If you want to sit in the home end just keep yourselves to yourselves. It's common knowledge football fans have tribal mentality. If you try & take the piss in another teams end then I think you should expect a hard time. Right or wrong if you take away that edge from football then the atmosphere would turn into rugby which lets be honest is pretty crap!

Yeah it's crap being able to sit at your seat with a beer while the away fans cheer a try without the fear of getting a beating from a moron dressed in stone island 

wish I could do that at footy

10 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

I had Newcastle supporters with me today and a number were sat in the VIP seats too. 

The goal went in...they celebrated, people around them didn't take much notice, they sat back down and the game continued. 

At the end plenty were mixing in the bars and a few handshakes and 'unlucky lads' were heard. 

No fighting, bottles being thrown or obscenities traded. 

Our party of 24 lads were in hospitality and there were I guess 15 or so Newcastle lads sat by us 

When they scored they celebrated and why not

The City lads that confronted them just gave verbal no punches thrown at all

We had a right laugh with them after the game 

Just wish I could understand what they were saying!

Wi eye man and all that 

I haven't read through all the posts but the issue is clearly the failure of BCFC to segregate supporters.

This is the second game in a row that a problem has occurred via people using the Heineken lounge, presumably as guests of BCFC supporters?

Both the FA and police demand segregation between home and away fans and sufficient stewarding to maintain it.

Whoever is selling the packages should, if they aren't already, be screening the bookings to prevent Groups who are wholly or partly made up of away fans, nothing wrong with neutrals being there, but on both occasions the celebrations were by fans of the respective clubs who were in an area that is designated for home fans, and it was this that rightly or wrongly provoked a reaction that I would suggest would happen at any club in the country.

If necessary the club should make arrangements for away supporters who use the Heinekin to watch the game from the stand allocated to away fans.

This problem will not go away until the club gets its act together, there are young children in those areas and the club needs to rethink its booking procedures for hospitality.

3 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

I haven't read through all the posts but the issue is clearly the failure of BCFC to segregate supporters.

This is the second game in a row that a problem has occurred via people using the Heineken lounge, presumably as guests of BCFC supporters?

Both the FA and police demand segregation between home and away fans and sufficient stewarding to maintain it.

Whoever is selling the packages should, if they aren't already, be screening the bookings to prevent Groups who are wholly or partly made up of away fans, nothing wrong with neutrals being there, but on both occasions the celebrations were by fans of the respective clubs who were in an area that is designated for home fans, and it was this that rightly or wrongly provoked a reaction that I would suggest would happen at any club in the country.

If necessary the club should make arrangements for away supporters who use the Heinekin to watch the game from the stand allocated to away fans.

This problem will not go away until the club gets its act together, there are young children in those areas and the club needs to rethink its booking procedures for hospitality.

Those seats are officially corporate areas so away fans will be appearing in those seats on a consistent basis now. 

My view is that our fans need to adjust to that and behave accordingly, 

That said stewarding needs to improve in those areas to ensure common sense from the away fans and any troublesome fans are dealt with accordingly. 

People wonder why the club didn't want to move the 'section 82' fans to the south stand...all becoming very clear now.

10 hours ago, spudski said:

Consequences...Really? Just think about what you've just said...You condone confrontation and violence for celebrating a goal? How ******* backward and sad is that...

In my eyes you are no different to a ******* terrorist...led by a misinformed blind faith of what is right.

You see Chairman and Directors sitting together and celebrating a goal...what's the difference? They don't confront one another and want to kick the shit out of one another.

Why are you so different.

Oh I know...they've got brains and social skills, which set themselves apart from the animal kingdom.

There are a great many football 'fans' I could do without being in the same vicinity with ever again.

Should have let them carry on, hopefully get a lifetime ban never to be seen again....hate scum like these.

Never mind CCTV...bet their mother, father, grandparents and kids would have been proud of them...not...idiots.

Wonderful rant. Focus that passion into ensuring the real injustices in our society are addressed and try to make the truly ill educated elite understand that the world you wish to live in needs to work to ensure that it's weakest parts are as strong as possible and that until all feel they have a stake in society we cannot be the modern progressive place we want.

I can only speak for myself but when I've been in the home end of other teams I've always shown some decorum just out of respect. I wonder why these people were unable to do the same? It just seems to be the way that all on here want the city fans to behave, which I agree with. Respect.

34 minutes ago, Bowie said:

Those seats are officially corporate areas so away fans will be appearing in those seats on a consistent basis now. 

My view is that our fans need to adjust to that and behave accordingly, 

That said stewarding needs to improve in those areas to ensure common sense from the away fans and any troublesome fans are dealt with accordingly. 

People wonder why the club didn't want to move the 'section 82' fans to the south stand...all becoming very clear now.

I understand the corporate thing, unfortunately having been to many 'corporate' events they often involve consuming a great deal of 'free' booze, which in itself can lead to problems.

The Heineken lounge has a separate entrance which is 'policed', likewise the seating allocated needs to be policed, what kind of reaction might occur when/if Cardiff Fans appear in the 'corporate seating? The problem is unlike  the exec boxes the seating is in no way segregated from the rest of the stand, if the club want this area to be used by fans of both sides and neutrals then it has to be managed safely or a rethink needs to take place.

I am genuinely unaware that corporate areas at other clubs are in a similar area, I.e. In a stand which is considered to be a home area only.

47 minutes ago, The New Gate said:

The whole idea of hospitality is to allow home and away fans together

Nowhere in any of the clubs advertising have I seen that away fans will be admitted to hospitality.

Do we publicise this to away fans prior to matches taking place?

14 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Nowhere in any of the clubs advertising have I seen that away fans will be admitted to hospitality.

Match Hopitality is advertised as a general facility available at most grounds up and down the country.  Nothing to stop anyone of any club getting tickets in those areas for any game if they are willing to pay the whack to get in. 

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

With respect...it's like sticking a plaster over a wound that won't go away. We need to cure the problem, not keep sticking plasters over it.

The issue is not the 'Clubs failure'... the failure is a social issue... a few idiots who fail to see the bigger picture.

Wanting to kick the shit out of someone, because they dare celebrate a goal, have a bit of banter and dare 'taunt'.

How about a bit of self control...banter back without violence?

Do these away fans go back to their tables in hospitality a goal up, and fear being beat up at their tables...No.

They sit with other City fans and have a bit of banter and a laugh.

So why can't people do the same in the stands?

I'm all for introducing away fans like this into areas that are 'officially home'.

If anyone dare abuse them and confront them physically...then throw them out. We don't need that mentality anymore. Get rid of the dross.

The sooner we can get rid of the idiots...the sooner the authorities will start to allow less strict rules.

I'd love to see an area of the ground introduced, where fans of both sets of supporters can sit together...peacefully.

It happens at certain clubs abroad.

Anyone that causes a problem...out...throw them out with a ban.

The sooner the better...get rid of the idiots...

Lets start having a bit of self control and behaving like human beings....not animals.

Lets sit together knowing we don't have to blame the club or stewards or Police for our own or someone else's actions.

Perhaps one day...we can all stand singing and chanting, having some banter with other fans, whilst having a beer whilst knowing someone isn't going to 'lose it' because they can't control their emotions over a game of football.

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

Why should we have to put up with violent behaviour directed at football supporters of another club? That is the broader issue.

A move to relaxing segregation and tempering attitudes is the only way to resolve in the long term, the idiotic tribalism at football.

Greater segregation will continue to perpetuate 'us' & 'them'  

Segregation in the long term does not work, does nothing to promote inclusion and highlights differences - examples of which are all over society and history.

I'm trying really hard to think of many other sports that keep supporters apart?

This behaviour is endemic to our sport and a disgrace we encourage it further through segregation.

Step back and think about it for a second - We perpetuated the violence yesterday not the away support.

Time I think for us to grow up, put down the pitchforks and burning torches.

32 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

I am genuinely unaware that corporate areas at other clubs are in a similar area, I.e. In a stand which is considered to be a home area only.

I can't think of any that aren't and I've been to the majority.

29 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

There are conditions of entry that state no away colours, to moderate behaviour and language accordingly.

Apart from that away groups are allowed entry. 

If we are to be serious about our corporate and hospitality operation then it must be able to continue this way. 

38 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

I can assure you 100% that BCFC are more than happy to take both home and away fans at £99.00 plus vat each game !!

Massive revenue massive profit 

27 minutes ago, The New Gate said:

I can assure you 100% that BCFC are more than happy to take both home and away fans at £99.00 plus vat each game !!

Massive revenue massive profit 

And a massive disregard to the safety of all fans. I think I'll book for my 50 Cardiff mates to come over, should be interesting.

18 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

And a massive disregard to the safety of all fans. I think I'll book for my 50 Cardiff mates to come over, should be interesting.

And likewise there is no reason why 50 city fans couldn't sit in Cardiff corporate areas.

key thing is that stewarding needs to switched on to events off the pitch.

2 hours ago, Bowie said:

Yeah it's crap being able to sit at your seat with a beer while the away fans cheer a try without the fear of getting a beating from a moron dressed in stone island 

wish I could do that at footy

I disagree with this. As I die hard Bristol fan I cannot tell how disrespectful I find it when other teams fans use this excuse to sit amongst self designated pockets of aligned support and go over the top. The worst experience of this was when we lost to Exeter at the mem. No problem with them supporting their together but there were pockets of their fans who I'm sure were intent on using their 'rugby' pass to needless wind up clearly upset and loyal Bristol fans. The only difference, which I recognise, is that those around us showed physical if not verbal restraint.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

With respect...it's like sticking a plaster over a wound that won't go away. We need to cure the problem, not keep sticking plasters over it.

The issue is not the 'Clubs failure'... the failure is a social issue... a few idiots who fail to see the bigger picture.

Wanting to kick the shit out of someone, because they dare celebrate a goal, have a bit of banter and dare 'taunt'.

How about a bit of self control...banter back without violence?

Do these away fans go back to their tables in hospitality a goal up, and fear being beat up at their tables...No.

They sit with other City fans and have a bit of banter and a laugh.

So why can't people do the same in the stands?

I'm all for introducing away fans like this into areas that are 'officially home'.

If anyone dare abuse them and confront them physically...then throw them out. We don't need that mentality anymore. Get rid of the dross.

The sooner we can get rid of the idiots...the sooner the authorities will start to allow less strict rules.

I'd love to see an area of the ground introduced, where fans of both sets of supporters can sit together...peacefully.

It happens at certain clubs abroad.

Anyone that causes a problem...out...throw them out with a ban.

The sooner the better...get rid of the idiots...

Lets start having a bit of self control and behaving like human beings....not animals.

Lets sit together knowing we don't have to blame the club or stewards or Police for our own or someone else's actions.

Perhaps one day...we can all stand singing and chanting, having some banter with other fans, whilst having a beer whilst knowing someone isn't going to 'lose it' because they can't control their emotions over a game of football.

I've spent this morning trying to teach my 5 year old that it is not okay to just do want we want and that we need to be aware of our actions and their consequences.

I wonder how old these Newcastle 'fans' were.?

See I find it strange that they would behave in this manner. I watched the QPR game with a group of corporate QPR fans and whilst they would go through the usual gambit of noises etc that you would expect they were respectful of their environment and those around us joined in with some banter and we all had a good laugh. Why couldn't they do the same? 

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I've spent this morning trying to teach my 5 year old that it is not okay to just do want we want and that we need to be aware of our actions and their consequences.

I wonder how old these Newcastle 'fans' were.?

I don't agree with this mentality that fans shouldn't be able to celebrate and have banter, without fear of getting their head kicked in...just because 'that's how it is at football'.

If we continue thinking like that, then segregation and a feeling of 'them and us' and hatred will continue.

If I abuse someone or physically attack them because of their Religion, colour of their skin, or sexuality or 'difference'...then I'd get arrested and sentenced.

However...'it's acceptable to do it at football...because we support different teams, because 'that's just how it is?'

People need to grow some...control their anger...be the bigger person. It's just words, banter.

How dare someone shout something I don't agree with...Oooooh...I'm offended...I'm going to go and kick their head in...Really?

Massive issues going on in the world...people being bombed and killed over 'difference'.

People need to wake up and see the bigger picture...control ourselves...it's just a ******* game of football ffs ;-)

Archived