IGNORED

Missing the game for the sake of a drink

ChippenhamRed

Perhaps the club could help with this by sending out a questionnaire before season ticket renewal and moving people to where they best fit;

Will you want a drink at HT? Yes/No

Do you like to leave early? Yes/No

Will you sing? Yes/No

Will you be able to sit near to some corporate paid away fans without feeling the need to kill them? Yes/No

Problem solved :whistle:

34 minutes ago, NeilS said:

It is a fact of life that booze ruins lives and others that have to put up with those that insist it's their right to 'have a few'. The Towns and Cities in most places are littered with drunks who seem to be oblivious to the rights of others who don't want to wade through urine and drunken brawls.Now we have to put up with it at stadiums do we? History has it booze and football fans don't mix, and yes I cannot get my head round why some fans have to get pi$$ed up BEFORE a match!!  Nothing wrong with a bit of social drinking, but when it comes before the team you support... really?

WOW Indeed!!

Did you post on here before - I seem to remember a poster called Redeye who has a problem with people drinking at football?

15 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I think the seats should be like those in funfairs with the restraint only lifting when the whistle blows at half and full time.  Once the restraint has gone down the stewards shouldn't let anybody else in.  

153902-425x283-roller-coaster-safety-sea

Good thinking Eddie, I blame God for making Cider too delicious...

• Admin
53 minutes ago, NeilS said:

It is a fact of life that booze ruins lives and others that have to put up with those that insist it's their right to 'have a few'. The Towns and Cities in most places are littered with drunks who seem to be oblivious to the rights of others who don't want to wade through urine and drunken brawls.Now we have to put up with it at stadiums do we? History has it booze and football fans don't mix, and yes I cannot get my head round why some fans have to get pi$$ed up BEFORE a match!!  Nothing wrong with a bit of social drinking, but when it comes before the team you support... really?

WOW Indeed!!

Let's not bring the whole "booze ruins lives" debate - that isn't what this thread is about

What about those who go down for a pie and a cup of tea?

I've read some crazy things on OTIB over the years, but for people to be complaining about others leaving their seat at a certain time certainly takes this site to a new low

4 hours ago, TheRedHalf said:

I just find it hard to believe that it affects your match day experience that much. If it really was a massive problem surely the club (and every other club in the country) would step in to put an end to it?

It doesn't affect my experience that much, it's a minor annoyance.  I just find it odd that people aren't bothered about missing the thing they've paid to see.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Let's not bring the whole "booze ruins lives" debate - that isn't what this thread is about

What about those who go down for a pie and a cup of tea?

I've read some crazy things on OTIB over the years, but for people to be complaining about others leaving their seat at a certain time certainly takes this site to a new low

People getting up in large numbers with a fair amount of time still to go until half time, inconveniencing and blocking the view of people who quite reasonably want to watch the game, is a legitimate discussion Phantom and relevant to a lot of supporters.

I'd hardly call it a "new low" on a forum that over the years has debated Anthony v Tony Rougier, Thatch's "I will boo" rally cry, and the availability of socks.

• Admin
1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

People getting up in large numbers with a fair amount of time still to go until half time, inconveniencing and blocking the view of people who quite reasonably want to watch the game, is a legitimate discussion Phantom and relevant to a lot of supporters.

I'd hardly call it a "new low" on a forum that over the years has debated Anthony v Tony Rougier, Thatch's "I will boo" rally cry, and the availability of socks.

On the basis it only seems like one other person agrees with you I'd say it was very irrelevant. 

My comment about being a new low, that is because I'm fed up of people ripping into otib and currently I keep reading about how someone is complaining someone had the nerve to choose to make them stand up to let them past 

34 minutes ago, phantom said:

On the basis it only seems like one other person agrees with you I'd say it was very irrelevant. 

My comment about being a new low, that is because I'm fed up of people ripping into otib and currently I keep reading about how someone is complaining someone had the nerve to choose to make them stand up to let them past 

One other person? Check the original post @phantom.

• Admin

I wish I could find the report on Facebook this morning where a photo was posted of a supporter (think it was Portsmouth) where he refused to budge as a lady needed to get up to go to the toilet. 

Turned out due to her cancer treatment she needed to rush to the loo on a few occasions.

Not everyone is dashing for a pint

59 minutes ago, Just Red said:

I know during a game I'm going to need the toilet once during each half. With this in mind I purposely purchased my St on an end of a row so it's easier for me and so I don't obstruct others view. 

I've employed the same tactic for my rugby Season Ticket. But to make getting to the bar easier during the game! 

1 hour ago, Just Red said:

I know during a game I'm going to need the toilet once during each half. With this in mind I purposely purchased my St on an end of a row so it's easier for me and so I don't obstruct others view. 

Very thoughtful. However we can't all sit on the bookends of each row. 

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

If you could actually get a pint at half time the people wouldnt get up early. All these millions of pounds on a ground and still no ones that told the muppets it the kiosks to pre pour the drinks.

Sell beer tokens on the turnstile ffs, no cash, no bloody card machines, how hard is it really ... 

The bar in the fans village is open at HT,  no queue at all. Of course only handy if in SS or LS. Within a minute of the half time whistle I have a pint and fag in hand. 

6 hours ago, phantom said:

WOW! 

Im sure no one is complaining about someone that needs the loo etc but repetitive buggering off to the bar or those ST holders that always head off early is surely a valid point to raise?  New low to OTIB?

Seriously?

Just a few Classic OTIB moments in the past few days

1. someone suggested we signed ballotelli

2. in the CSF thread someone was talking about their 'best' away games which involved smashing every window in a pub

3. People were advocating violence against a city fan if he were to celebrate in the Newcastle hospitality area

4. People putting up pictures of Rovers fans girlfriends because of a stupid tweet?

Seriously you need to get a grip if this is the topic you lose it on as a mod.

13 hours ago, Just Red said:

@Just Red - i admire your planning but I am not sure you should be peeing from the end of the row even if it is easier for you.

Also I am pretty sure most people don't want to watch that sort of thing, so making sure you don't obstruct people's view of you doing your business is simply disturbing.

8 hours ago, RumRed said:

WOW! 

Im sure no one is complaining about someone that needs the loo etc but repetitive buggering off to the bar or those ST holders that always head off early is surely a valid point to raise?  New low to OTIB?

Seriously?

Seriously you need to get a grip if this is the topic you lose it on as a mod.

My take on this - @RumRed are you saying ALL MODS can't have their own opinion and must agree with certain posters?

At this moment in time there have been 141,463 TOPICS, and 2,521,025 POSTS - I would agree that a couple of people moaning about others leaving their seat early is a low

Interestingly I've also see posts that @phantom is referring to on other social media, and it does make this site look pathetic

13 hours ago, phantom said:

I wish I could find the report on Facebook this morning where a photo was posted of a supporter (think it was Portsmouth) where he refused to budge as a lady needed to get up to go to the toilet. 

Turned out due to her cancer treatment she needed to rush to the loo on a few occasions.

Not everyone is dashing for a pint

It was Ipswich, it was also a load of bollocks made up by some girl who thought she'd plaster a poor blokes face over the Internet with a disgusting accusation that unfortunately a lot of people appear to have believed despite the lack of any evidence.

Sometimes I ******* hate Facebook.

2 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

My take on this - @RumRed are you saying ALL MODS can't have their own opinion and must agree with certain posters?

At this moment in time there have been 141,463 TOPICS, and 2,521,025 POSTS - I would agree that a couple of people moaning about others leaving their seat early is a low

Interestingly I've also see posts that @phantom is referring to on other social media, and it does make this site look pathetic

The original post has 31 likes and numerous people have engaged with the debate.  Clearly it's therefore an issue that has struck a cord with a lot of people - on both sides of the argument.  Please therefore explain how you arrived at the conclusion that it's "a couple of people moaning" and how this thread is "a low"?

Also no one is saying mods can't have their own opinion, or anyone else for that matter.

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

It was Ipswich, it was also a load of bollocks made up by some girl who thought she'd plaster a poor blokes face over the Internet with a disgusting accusation that unfortunately a lot of people appear to have believed despite the lack of any evidence.

Sometimes I ******* hate Facebook.

Fair enough, not seen anywhere where it says it was false, this was the original report I've not included the photo for obvious reasons 

20160823_122055.png

Archived