IGNORED

Missing the game for the sake of a drink

ChippenhamRed

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The original post has 31 likes and numerous people have engaged with the debate.  Clearly it's therefore an issue that has struck a cord with a lot of people - on both sides of the argument.  Please therefore explain how you arrived at the conclusion that it's "a couple of people moaning" and how this thread is "a low"?

Also no one is saying mods can't have their own opinion, or anyone else for that matter.

I apologise, reading the thread back through 3 people posted in agreement and 29 liked your original comment  clearly so many agree....... 

Not for me to worry about, but maybe @RumRed should clarify their comment above

1 minute ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I apologise, reading the thread back through 3 people posted in agreement and 29 liked your original comment  clearly so many agree....... 

Not for me to worry about, but maybe @RumRed should clarify their comment above

31 liked it not 29, but that's neither here nor there.  I'm not concerned whether everyone agrees or not - the point is, it's a legitimate topic for conversation that many people have engaged with and it's something that all match-going can supporters can relate to, whether they agree with it or not.  So it's odd that you feel the need to dismiss it  "moaning" and "a low", especially when compared to some of the truly bizarre threads that have been started here in the past.

2 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

My take on this - @RumRed are you saying ALL MODS can't have their own opinion and must agree with certain posters?

At this moment in time there have been 141,463 TOPICS, and 2,521,025 POSTS - I would agree that a couple of people moaning about others leaving their seat early is a low

Interestingly I've also see posts that @phantom is referring to on other social media, and it does make this site look pathetic

Don't use Facebook so have no knowledge of the posts on there.  I stand by my comment but agree it's nothing to do with being a mod, of course they are entitled to their own opinion.

Feel free to ignore the last 3 words, my point still stands, how this is a low with all the other stuff being posted is beyond me.

36 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Fair enough, not seen anywhere where it says it was false, this was the original report I've not included the photo for obvious reasons 

20160823_122055.png

A woman and a bloke who were also caught in the photo confirmed the incident never took place.

Not sure what the bloke did to upset the girl who took the photo of him but it certainly appears he's not guilty of what he was accused of. I thought it stank of bullshit when I read it. Sadly we live in an age when anyone can post your picture on Facebook, accuse you of assaulting a woman with cancer (how do you know someone has cancer for certain just by looking at them?) and gullible idiots believe it without question and start baying for your blood.

As if you'd get away with that sort of behaviour in a football ground anyway.

50 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

A woman and a bloke who were also caught in the photo confirmed the incident never took place.

Not sure what the bloke did to upset the girl who took the photo of him but it certainly appears he's not guilty of what he was accused of. I thought it stank of bullshit when I read it. Sadly we live in an age when anyone can post your picture on Facebook, accuse you of assaulting a woman with cancer (how do you know someone has cancer for certain just by looking at them?) and gullible idiots believe it without question and start baying for your blood.

As if you'd get away with that sort of behaviour in a football ground anyway.

And the most heinous crime is that font, awful.

On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 07:07, ChippenhamRed said:

Mentioned this in the match thread but it bothers me so much I wanted to mention it again!

I was amazed yesterday just how many people started disappearing down into the concourse from about 38 minutes onwards to get a drink. You could score 3 goals in the 7 minutes until half time! I guess this phenomenon is more pronounced than it used to be now we have more outlets and, in today's case, a much bigger crowd. 

I just cannot get my head around the mentality of being willing to risk missing even a second of the action just so you can get a drink a bit quicker. I couldn't bear to be stood in the concourse while the match was in progress. The anxiety that I might be missing something would kill me. Is it not the case that, ultimately, we all attend football for the thrill of seeing the ball hit the back of the net? I like the whole experience, the singing, the atmosphere, but really I'm there for the rush of endorphins that comes with a goal.

Football is not cheap these days. I'm amazed how many people seem to view actually watching the match they have paid to see as almost a secondary concern. I just find it strange. Am I the only one?!

Have you ever queued for a half time drink?

On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 07:07, ChippenhamRed said:

Mentioned this in the match thread but it bothers me so much I wanted to mention it again!

I was amazed yesterday just how many people started disappearing down into the concourse from about 38 minutes onwards to get a drink. You could score 3 goals in the 7 minutes until half time! I guess this phenomenon is more pronounced than it used to be now we have more outlets and, in today's case, a much bigger crowd. 

I just cannot get my head around the mentality of being willing to risk missing even a second of the action just so you can get a drink a bit quicker. I couldn't bear to be stood in the concourse while the match was in progress. The anxiety that I might be missing something would kill me. Is it not the case that, ultimately, we all attend football for the thrill of seeing the ball hit the back of the net? I like the whole experience, the singing, the atmosphere, but really I'm there for the rush of endorphins that comes with a goal.

Football is not cheap these days. I'm amazed how many people seem to view actually watching the match they have paid to see as almost a secondary concern. I just find it strange. Am I the only one?!

Have you ever queued for a half time drink?

Archived