IGNORED

not played villa since 1980 so lets make it a bigger attendance than Newcastle - NOW SOLD OUT (Merged)

Never to the dark side

3 hours ago, cynic said:

It probablywon't get close to the Newcastle attendance.

Two games close together and the club slow in getting all the tickets on sale - seems like they are waiting till the Dolman and SS and all the front row seats are sold before releasing upper tier tickets. That guarantees a lower attendance than it should be as its a day of tickets sales wasted. 

It also shows the poor financial decision to house 1000 home supporters in what is now effectively the away end. There was not really a tangible effect at the Newcastle game as we sold out what we were allowed to sell under the capacity restrictions on the day.

But Villa have sold their allocation and quite clearly could have sold the whole of the stand which I believe is around 4000. So assuming that the 1000 would be watching the game elsewhere, we would already be selling tickets in the Upper Lansdown.

But you are certainly right about the poor marketing of this game regardless of the number of Villa fans.  They should have as many tickets as possible under SAG ready for sale, if they did they could tell the hapless matchday announcer that we could be having "our best crowd for 7 days" on Saturday.

There is also the distinct possibility that we might beat Scunny and land a top club (who knows maybe Chelsea:fingerscrossed: or even The Gas:gasmask:) at home in the next round, and make a killing on fans who want tickets for that game (sorry, I mean maximise potential ticket revenue income) by selling vouchers for such a  game on Saturday.  Obviously we can rest assured that the sales team have got such a plan in place ready for that scenario.................

But I'm not holding me breath:whistle:

1 minute ago, New Dazzler said:

It also shows the poor financial decision to house 1000 home supporters in what is now effectively the away end. There was not really a tangible effect at the Newcastle game as we sold out what we were allowed to sell under the capacity restrictions on the day.

But Villa have sold their allocation and quite clearly could have sold the whole of the stand which I believe is around 4000. So assuming that the 1000 would be watching the game elsewhere, we would already be selling tickets in the Upper Lansdown.

But you are certainly right about the poor marketing of this game regardless of the number of Villa fans.  They should have as many tickets as possible under SAG ready for sale, if they did they could tell the hapless matchday announcer that we could be having our best crowd for 7 days on Saturday.

There is also the distinct possibility that we might beat Scunny and land a top club (who knows maybe Chelsea:fingerscrossed: or even The Gas:gasmask:) at home in the next round, and make a killing on fans who want tickets for that game by selling vouchers for such a  game on Saturday.  Obviously the sales team have got such a plan in place ready for that scenario.................

But I'm not holding me breath:whistle:

Agree there are a number of clubs whose away following would sell out the Ayeto. It's revenue for the club which is being lost, plus I think a big away following would improve the atmosphere as well.

Leeds, Villa, Newcastle would sell that away end out. Wolves, Brighton, Birmingham Sheffield Wednesday would certainly come close.

5 minutes ago, daored said:

Agree there are a number of clubs whose away following would sell out the Ayeto. It's revenue for the club which is being lost, plus I think a big away following would improve the atmosphere as well.

Leeds, Villa, Newcastle would sell that away end out. Wolves, Brighton, Birmingham Sheffield Wednesday would certainly come close.

Leeds is a night game so maybe not

9 minutes ago, daored said:

Derby too maybe and, dare I say if they were doing well, our Welsh friends?

4 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Not played Villa in the league since 1979/80

and the cup since 1981/82

So get down the gate on Saturday, as many city fans won't  have seen the City in action against the Villa.

We played at Villa Park on August 25th that season and won 2-0

3 hours ago, daored said:

Not at all convinced re Birmingham - their support has fallen off a cliff since they got relegated out of the Prem.

Did you see their attendance v Wolves, Saturday? It was piss poor. They'll turn out for the despised Villa but that's about it if they have another season of mid-table ignominy.

13 hours ago, cynic said:

It probably won't get close to the Newcastle attendance.

Two games close together and the club slow in getting all the tickets on sale - seems like they are waiting till the Dolman and SS and all the front row seats are sold before releasing upper tier tickets. That guarantees a lower attendance than it should be as its a day of tickets sales wasted. 

Agree, I know a small group of people who want to go (not City fans I might add, local living neutrals), but won't buy any of whats left available. Suspect there are a fair few more like that. People want to sit together with a decent view. They really need to look at the point at which they open up the top tier. Doesn't seem to have been much thought gone into it.

The fact that the games are so close together obviously doesn't help and unfortunately the result against Newcastle (despite the performance being okay). Shame we couldn't give them a goal to cheer, after all, it's that feeling that gets people addicted and wanting more!!

15 hours ago, daored said:

Sheffield Wednesday would sell their allocation on a Tuesday night, their support is great.

18 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Not played Villa in the league since 1979/80

and the cup since 1981/82

So get down the gate on Saturday, as many city fans won't  have seen the City in action against the Villa.

First ever game I went to see City was in the Cup against Villa in the 81/82 season. I was seven years old. Whilst haven't got a season ticket this year due to family commitments on weekends etc, I have just purchased a ticket for the game on Saturday. First game at the Gate this season. Although have made the treks to Wycombe and Norwich.

Looking very much forward to it. Hopefully, three points in the bag by 5pm Sat :)

7 minutes ago, cynic said:

So why hasn't the club announced the upper is open on the official web site ?

Or is it buried somewhere that isn't obvious ?

Because the club don't seem that bothered. They were hardly pushing the Newcastle game and doing even less ( if possible) for this one.

How many tickets are available?  We never seem to know. If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't have a clue what's going on. 

Should be sick of hearing the club pushing tickets, but no, nothing. A pretty poor show......... 

Seems some Villa fans buying tickets in the home end.

No issue, as discussed on the other thread, if people doing this keep quiet - but there's no guarantee of that and if not, issues are inevitable.

I know the club obviously want to fill the stadium, but surprised no extra measures have been taken preventing people with no buying history/obvious Birmingham postcodes buying tickets. Guess that's hard to do on their online ticketing system.

For games like Newcastle/Villa this situation was inevitable.. @Mkelly, is the club aware of this sort of thing?

image.jpeg

This is why it was such a mistake to not give the atyeo fully to away fans. The EE's should have been given their old spot in the corner of the SS and the family enclosure should be lower dolman or even better, the neutral upper Lansdown stand. They really need to sort this out. Why do we have to over complicate a simple thing.

1 hour ago, screech said:

This is why it was such a mistake to not give the atyeo fully to away fans. The EE's should have been given their old spot in the corner of the SS and the family enclosure should be lower dolman or even better, the neutral upper Lansdown stand. They really need to sort this out. Why do we have to over complicate a simple thing.

That would've made good sense, the corner of the SS could have been dubbed the EE, decked out with the flags and banners, and allowed to flourish and grow.

I use this term too much, but really seems a no-brainer to make the Atyeo the away stand.  We could've then changed the name of the South Stand to the New Atyeo, as really feel that our own fans should be sitting in the stand named after out greatest ever player (of bygone years).

Still, everything in life can usually be improved, so perhaps in future the Atyeo will be just for away fans (with a different name, of course!). 

On 22/08/2016 at 21:21, daored said:

Lets put this shit to bed shall we ? check out percentage of home fans taken away last season. Then consider how far distant we are for the majority of clubs as opposed to a team in the midlands or northwest meaning less would travel to the likes of us and Norwich/Ipswich.The majority of grounds in that list are comparable in size or bigger than the new AG plus the generosity of sides like MK and Fulham in handing over home advantage to visitors. Despite all that only Leeds would have filled the current away allocation at our stadium on an average basis.

http://the72.co.uk/54224/championship-average-attendance-2015-2016/2/

On 22/08/2016 at 21:21, daored said:

Over the whole season a hell of a lot of £££ going down the drain..someone else is welcome to do the maths,(cheers!)-its a 'no brainer.....  And aside,surely the larger the attendance the better the atmosphere(usually).we want the gate buzzing as much as possible and strong away followings always add a spark.

20 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

Because the club don't seem that bothered. They were hardly pushing the Newcastle game and doing even less ( if possible) for this one.

How many tickets are available?  We never seem to know. If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't have a clue what's going on. 

Should be sick of hearing the club pushing tickets, but no, nothing. A pretty poor show......... 

Feels at times the club still run,dispite the rebuild like a lower league outfit with the mindset to suit..very blinkered

36 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Feels at times the club still run,dispite the rebuild like a lower league outfit with the mindset to suit..very blinkered

Exactly, just took a look at the main page of the Club's Official website.  There are 3 "featured" articles and another 5 "news" items.  Not one of those relates to ticket sales...:facepalm: except for the one that states "Pay on the night at Scunthorpe".

It all gives the impression of being amateurish.  As stated above we should all be so fed up of the club banging on about tickets now being available in the Upper Lansdown, but they seem to be embarrassed about it!

Add to that the little matter of recruiting a matchday announcer who knows nothing about the club or football culture and hanging him out to dry... it just seems so shoddy when it should be dynamic:grr:

46 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Over the whole season a hell of a lot of £££ going down the drain..someone else is welcome to do the maths,(cheers!)-its a 'no brainer.....  And aside,surely the larger the attendance the better the atmosphere(usually).we want the gate buzzing as much as possible and strong away followings always add a spark.

Strong away followings usually drown us out at AG like we often do when we go away. Its because everyone is together in one part of the ground. Anyway see post 27 above if anyone is at all interested in facts rather than conjecture.

Archived