IGNORED

not played villa since 1980 so lets make it a bigger attendance than Newcastle - NOW SOLD OUT (Merged)

Never to the dark side

23 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

We have a 27k seater stadium which is 'sold out' with 21k?... 6k for segregation/safety reasons? Blimey. To get 27k in there we should have built a 40k seater stadium....

This isn't something that's completely new for us though is it? We had a reduced capacity due to safety reasons for the first few home games last season...presumably there's a good reason for this.

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

This isn't something that's completely new for us though is it? We had a reduced capacity due to safety reasons for the first few home games last season...presumably there's a good reason for this.

but how is it a possible lower attendance than the previous game? 

This makes no sense

5 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

There may well be a good reason for it, but the club should have sorted it out weeks ago and ensured that we were all set to go, going into the two biggest crowds of the season.  I'll bet theres a few choice words being said right from Mr Landsdown to the club officials in charge of health and safety!

I'm not sure the club is at fault. Likely hold ups in construction, and if there's a due process for new stands and safety in football stadiums, we as a properly run club will follow them. Previous stadium disasters, especially with the recent media coverage of the awful mess that was Hillsborough, have necessitated caution.

1 hour ago, Kim_il_sung said:

What issues could there have possibly been?

Just seems to me like the club are throwing money away. There are 5000 empty seats, people want tickets and they cant buy them. Not to mention our own fans like the chap above are left without tickets whilst plenty of Villa fans seem to have got them in the home end.

I guarantee you that the club would have sold those tickets to home fans, if they had tried buying them..!

The club don't set the capacity available for sale, the SAG do. 

I agree that it doesn't make sense for capacity to be reduced from the Newcastle game, but there must be a reason and it won't be because the club can't be bothered to sell a few more tickets! 

2 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

When will the actual capacity be 27,000?

Weeks? Months? Next year?

What a ******* shambles

The Lansdown has only been open a few weeks. Perhaps write to the club/call instead of getting your silk panties in a twist?

I do find it hard to understand how people have failed to get tickets, if they really wanted them, before now. 

They've been on sale, through the membership level and then on general sale for a while now. 

Everyone is aware that there are currently restrictions on capacity, so whilst that is understandably frustrating, why do people leave it until Friday and then find that available tickets have sold out?

(Yes, I know some people only know closer to the day of the game, but then the tickets would have still been sold out anyway) 

On 24 August 2016 at 18:51, fanjita said:

I've got no problem Villa fans buying tickets anywhere in the ground as long as they behave themselves 

The problem is, if they cheer if they score or come close. Then the problem is will we behave ourselves. It kicked off behind us last week in the Heineken area when Newcastle scored. 

29 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I do find it hard to understand how people have failed to get tickets, if they really wanted them, before now. 

They've been on sale, through the membership level and then on general sale for a while now. 

Everyone is aware that there are currently restrictions on capacity, so whilst that is understandably frustrating, why do people leave it until Friday and then find that available tickets have sold out?

(Yes, I know some people only know closer to the day of the game, but then the tickets would have still been sold out anyway) 

Here we go again, what do you fail to understand? 

My son and 6 of his mates have had their game abandoned tomorrow because the opposition can't raise a team, they tried to get tickets this morning and were told "sold out" there are a multitude of reasons why people need or want to leave it to the last minute to buy a ticket, I work with a guy who is due to work tomorrow and he's desperately trying to get a shift swap, no point now.

A little bit of clarity from the club wouldn't go amiss, why is the capacity approx 1500 down on last week? 

36 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Exactly this. And we've sold out many games through the past two seasons, so it's not like anyone's got in the habit of just walking up on match day and getting a ticket. 

Do people really think the club doesn't want to sell as many tickets as it can? We've got a hefty wedge coming our way for Bolasie now, so let's just not bother about match day income for the next few weeks.... 

4 minutes ago, harrys said:

Here we go again, what do you fail to understand? 

My son and 6 of his mates have had their game abandoned tomorrow because the opposition can't raise a team, they tried to get tickets this morning and were told "sold out" there are a multitude of reasons why people need or want to leave it to the last minute to buy a ticket, I work with a guy who is due to work tomorrow and he's desperately trying to get a shift swap, no point now.

A little bit of clarity from the club wouldn't go amiss, why is the capacity approx 1500 down on last week? 

As you will have seen in my post, I get the situation that some people CAN'T buy tickets earlier. But if even if we had a 50k stadium, if it was sold out, it would be sold out. 

We have sold out all tickets that we are legally allowed to sell for this game. 

It was more reffering to those who choose to leave it to the last minute and then complain about a sell out or the price of available tickets. 

19 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

As you will have seen in my post, I get the situation that some people CAN'T buy tickets earlier. But if even if we had a 50k stadium, if it was sold out, it would be sold out. 

We have sold out all tickets that we are legally allowed to sell for this game. 

It was more reffering to those who choose to leave it to the last minute and then complain about a sell out or the price of available tickets. 

all I'm doing is explaining to you why people leave it till Friday, you have been banging on all week about people leaving it until the last minute, there are a multitude of reasons why people leave it till late which you seem incapable of accepting as you "fail to understand how people have failed to get tickets"

22 minutes ago, harrys said:

all I'm doing is explaining to you why people leave it till Friday, you have been banging on all week about people leaving it until the last minute, there are a multitude of reasons why people leave it till late which you seem incapable of accepting as you "fail to understand how people have failed to get tickets"

Have I..?

ive not been on here much this week and don't recall mentioning ticket sales for the Villa game at any point. 

10 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

What were the chances of being at home to the 2 biggest clubs on consecutive Saturday's in August. Bad luck.

i think the club could help themselves by keeping everyone informed of what exactly is going on. Why are they so secretive at times?

Nobody knows, mate

A 21,500 crowd (1,000 less than last week v Newcastle ) means 5,500 less than our 27,000 capacity and yet we have SOLD OUT. Totally unbelievable and unacceptable IMO.

To have a safety restriction of 20 % capacity left empty 3 weeks after the start of the season is beyond my comprehension, . The Club needs to communicate exactly why the SAG authorities have deemed this to be necessary.

• What are the problems  and in what areas ?
  • Were the Club aware of problems in advance and what efforts have been made by the club and contractors  to rectify the situation ?
  • Potentially  contractors could bear a huge responsibility for the loss of revenue caused by the new stands nor being fully open -4 weeks after the first game at the new stadium v Portsmouth.
  • Why no communication by the Club that capacity would be limited to just over 21,000 until Friday -the day before the game?

The SOLD OUT  situation and the extreme difficulty in buying tickets On Line or by Telephone for these 2 big games mean that losses are much more than just the Villa game and Newcastle game. Fans who wanted to attend have missed the opportunity to enjoy the big crowd atmosphere which may have tempted then to come on a more regular basis.  You only have one chance to make a first impression -as the saying goes. We have singularly failed to make  the most of the launch of our excellent Stadium and improved on field performances .

There is an older  fan base out there who find it difficult /impossible to buy tickets in advance (No PC, I phone  or credit card etc) and the lack of a POTD facility (the only way to attend for many, many years) reduces the attendance by this fan base and also those impulse purchasers who simply decide to turn up at the last minute . Any other organisation would be encouraging this massive market by advertising and marketing to maximise the attendance. I write as an ex Sales Director of one of the UK's largest companies and find the whole ticketing fiasco totally  unacceptable ,amateurish and incomprehensible 

. Bristol Sport and BCFC need to be making it easy for ALL  fans (not just ST Holders and Members ) to come and cheer on our team.

Difference may be caused by the segregation at the Atyeo.

Solution to move the Atyeo City fans next season to the South Stand ,East End corner next to the Dolman  as previously discussed on another thread. Maximises the Away attendance , no segregation needed , perhaps as many as 8,000 extra Away fans over a season = £250,000 more revenue. Huge benefit of getting our most vocal following back in their spiritual home  , generating noise and passion which would surely spread into the SS and the Dolman , a wall of sound  at the Gate !

Marlborough Red. I think you are exaggerating a touch when you claim that the older City fans could lose out because they don't have internet, i Phone and credit card.

We might be old but we're not that out of touch with modern life. Most of us have had credit and debit cards a long while and mobile phones. Maybe many with tablets and laptops. I would guess that less than 5% of City fans do not have access to at least two of these methods of payment.

Agree with Ciderd Abroad  that many, if not most ,older people are IT literate and have access to mobile technology .   However, even 5 %  is potentially 1,000 fans in a 20,000 crowd.

Given the size of our fan base in and Around the West Country there must be many , impossible to put a number on it , who would rather simply POTD for all kinds of reasons.

21 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

A 21,500 crowd (1,000 less than last week v Newcastle ) means 5,500 less than our 27,000 capacity and yet we have SOLD OUT. Totally unbelievable and unacceptable IMO.

To have a safety restriction of 20 % capacity left empty 3 weeks after the start of the season is beyond my comprehension, . The Club needs to communicate exactly why the SAG authorities have deemed this to be necessary.

• What are the problems  and in what areas ?
  • Were the Club aware of problems in advance and what efforts have been made by the club and contractors  to rectify the situation ?
  • Potentially  contractors could bear a huge responsibility for the loss of revenue caused by the new stands nor being fully open -4 weeks after the first game at the new stadium v Portsmouth.
  • Why no communication by the Club that capacity would be limited to just over 21,000 until Friday -the day before the game?

The SOLD OUT  situation and the extreme difficulty in buying tickets On Line or by Telephone for these 2 big games mean that losses are much more than just the Villa game and Newcastle game. Fans who wanted to attend have missed the opportunity to enjoy the big crowd atmosphere which may have tempted then to come on a more regular basis.  You only have one chance to make a first impression -as the saying goes. We have singularly failed to make  the most of the launch of our excellent Stadium and improved on field performances .

There is an older  fan base out there who find it difficult /impossible to buy tickets in advance (No PC, I phone  or credit card etc) and the lack of a POTD facility (the only way to attend for many, many years) reduces the attendance by this fan base and also those impulse purchasers who simply decide to turn up at the last minute . Any other organisation would be encouraging this massive market by advertising and marketing to maximise the attendance. I write as an ex Sales Director of one of the UK's largest companies and find the whole ticketing fiasco totally  unacceptable ,amateurish and incomprehensible 

. Bristol Sport and BCFC need to be making it easy for ALL  fans (not just ST Holders and Members ) to come and cheer on our team.

I fully agree that buying tickets should be the easiest thing in the world for any supporter to do. Anything else is just crazy when people (customers) are trying to give the club (business) their hard earned money. There shouldn't be difficulties. 

However, I think your description of the older fanbase is quite bizarre and to them, nigh on offensive. 

I'm sure they can use a telephone and (virtually) anybody with a bank account has a debit card. 

Internet access if readily available to all in libraries, public service reception areas, even if not in their own homes. 

I don't think the club can legislate for the minuscule minority who won't confirm with the modern day way of purchasing. 

How do these people buy their Prodigy & Kanye West tickets through ticket master...? 

5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Marlborough Red. I think you are exaggerating a touch when you claim that the older City fans could lose out because they don't have internet, i Phone and credit card.

We might be old but were not that out of touch with modern life. Most of us have had credit and debit cards a long while and mobile phones. Maybe many with tablets and laptops. I would guess that less than 5% of City fans do not have access to at least two of these methods of payment.

....and if you're keen to go, you could ask a member of your family or a friend too.  Can always make excuses.

Archived