IGNORED

Heineken Lounge

Andy-1

I have to say the meal was excellent. An orderly queue was formed at both serving stations either side of the bar. Whilst on the subject, £4.50 for Butcombe? That is a disgrace in my opinion and there is no excuse. City Management are ripping off ordinary fans at that price. I was treated to this package by a good friend who paid out of his own money and not with a business account. Mini rant over!

However, the staff were helpful even when I said no to what was being offered to me in terms of the meat. I refused as did my friend to have the remnants from the first joint. Quickly another joint appeared. It was cooked to perfection. I was able to speak to the chef later on who told me that he was in at 5am to start the cooking process for the 6 joints.

I couldn't fault the ratatouille or any of the vegetables. I did ask for mint Source but there wasn't any. Considering the price of the meal, they had to make a profit somehow. Sarcasm? Me?

The Heineken/Dollymarie Lounge is well furnished. Plenty of flat screen TVs for you to watch any other football whilst enjoying your meal.

As mentioned by Dolly, even the half time pies were great. The profiteroles were too! 

I didn't pay as I've already stated but as a one off treat it was really appreciated and we enjoyed the occasion to the full. 

Should any BCFC staff be reading this, please give more details on the ticket! Hopefully those attending this Saturday will have no problems at all. Just remember to go to The Heineken Lounge entrance even if it says VIP 3 on your ticket!

I enclose some photos from the Dollymarie Lounge. Due to copyright restrictions, I'm unable to print the photos of Dollymarie dancing on the table.

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

In fairness I had Mrs Bucksred on my table as well as three of hers and Bucks friends. Plus it turned out @Norn Iron was on my table too. Maybe he could give his thoughts on the food?

20160820_124338.jpg

20160820_124834.jpg

20160820_123109.jpg

20160820_123127.jpg

20160820_123055.jpg

20160820_135202.jpg

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

My food was lush in there on Saturday. I even took a pic it was so nice. 

As you can see, they hadn't forgotten the gravy when I was served. :)

Was mightily impressed as was everyone on our table. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It looks perfectly nice but not £120  nice. You do like your peas. 

Perfect to entertain your business or maybe for the person who "don't won't anything" for a birthday / anniversary / celebration. 

The joint does look nice, still think they should dedicate the section in front of the lounge for the seating of them - they could even have had a little bit of padding so their delicate touche's won't develop piles like the great unwashed masses !!

8 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Perfect to entertain your business or maybe for the person who "don't won't anything" for a birthday / anniversary / celebration. 

The joint does look nice, still think they should dedicate the section in front of the lounge for the seating of them - they could even have had a little bit of padding so their delicate touche's won't develop piles like the great unwashed masses !!

Yes, in that context it's a nice treat.

I am however hugely impressed by the wealth of those fans on this thread who are just doing it as an everyday thing; Bristol Sport certainly know their customer base better than I do.

I was only in there as Mrs Bucksred had paid for me to go in there with her as a treat. She's been left some money as a result of Bucks sad passing, is moving to Scotland to be near her family and so wanted one final game before she moves. She decided to do that by going in the Heineken. It's a year since he passed on the 6th of next month. 

There is no way I'd be able to fork out that kind of money to go in there otherwise. 

My couple of observations: The price is far too high, that meal etc is never worth £90, but if the club has people queueing to pay for it maybe they are more smarter than we think.

Personally I couldn't face a full roast type meal at that time of day before a match, would be even worse to have a heavy meal like that on a hot day too. (Yes Saturday was rainy) Yes it might have been air conditioned in there , but to eat that and then go and watch football, not for me. If I had to do it I would like to eat later after football, buffet, drinks, football, drinks, eat meal.

I have had a buffet type meal in the Heinekein last season, and I agree the food was indeed suburb. The surroundings are lovely. 

I understand the need for all this corporate bollocks, but it doesn't mean I like it. To eat a meal I knew cost the best part of £100 quid would have choked me, but maybe I'm tighter with my hard earned money than some, just the way I was brought up I guess. And don't even get me started on the boxes. Wonder what they are like and what exactly do you get?

9 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

I have to say the meal was excellent. An orderly queue was formed at both serving stations either side of the bar. Whilst on the subject, £4.50 for Butcombe? That is a disgrace in my opinion and there is no excuse. City Management are ripping off ordinary fans at that price. I was treated to this package by a good friend who paid out of his own money and not with a business account. Mini rant over!

However, the staff were helpful even when I said no to what was being offered to me in terms of the meat. I refused as did my friend to have the remnants from the first joint. Quickly another joint appeared. It was cooked to perfection. I was able to speak to the chef later on who told me that he was in at 5am to start the cooking process for the 6 joints.

I couldn't fault the ratatouille or any of the vegetables. I did ask for mint Source but there wasn't any. Considering the price of the meal, they had to make a profit somehow. Sarcasm? Me?

The Heineken/Dollymarie Lounge is well furnished. Plenty of flat screen TVs for you to watch any other football whilst enjoying your meal.

As mentioned by Dolly, even the half time pies were great. The profiteroles were too! 

I didn't pay as I've already stated but as a one off treat it was really appreciated and we enjoyed the occasion to the full. 

Should any BCFC staff be reading this, please give more details on the ticket! Hopefully those attending this Saturday will have no problems at all. Just remember to go to The Heineken Lounge entrance even if it says VIP 3 on your ticket!

I enclose some photos from the Dollymarie Lounge. Due to copyright restrictions, I'm unable to print the photos of Dollymarie dancing on the table.

20160820_124338.jpg

I still can't stand the bloody carpet. It's awful. 

I couldn't justify that sort of money either. Though i can appreciate people do for a celebration/anniversary etc.

I'd much rather spend £30-40 on a ticket. £20 in the SBG/pub before. £10 on a beer and pie at HT and then I've got £50 left over. 

Each to they're own really. I've never wanted to do the corporate , always preferred a few pints before and after the game . There are plenty that enjoy it though and we've missed out massively on that income for years. The prices are probably the going rate at our level, I would imagine even cheap compared to Arsenal etc. 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

I was only in there as Mrs Bucksred had paid for me to go in there with her as a treat. She's been left some money as a result of Bucks sad passing, is moving to Scotland to be near her family and so wanted one final game before she moves. She decided to do that by going in the Heineken. It's a year since he passed on the 6th of next month. 

There is no way I'd be able to fork out that kind of money to go in there otherwise. 

@BigTone not keeping up sugar daddy status - you need to move on Dolly :flowers:

I think I would like a few drinks before the game with some tappas, then a meal after the game, then you all have something to chat about, and if you leave your only going to get caught in traffic anyway - so a meal and a few more drinks would be perfect.

I'd really like an onsite hotel as Chelsea have; I think there's room now with the surrounding properties having been bought up.

Stay Friday and Saturday nights, stroll fifty yards to the game, evening in the local hostelries, lovely.  Must have underground car park.

Plus it serves as conference accommodation during the week - go for the big money with resdiential three dayers.

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I'd really like an onsite hotel as Chelsea have; I think there's room now with the surrounding properties having been bought up.

Stay Friday and Saturday nights, stroll fifty yards to the game, evening in the local hostelries, lovely.  Must have underground car park.

Plus it serves as conference accommodation during the week - go for the big money with resdiential three dayers.

Maybe a hotel and small 3,000 - 4,000 indoor arena for Basketball and Badminton / Tennis / Music ?  bit of landscaping between all 3  ( AG / Hotel / Arena ) to make it all connected / park like with easy access to Winterstoke road and all 3 buildings will flourish and bounce of each other.

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

But I walk my dog around Wickes' car park and I'm sure they once had a Mayday Fair there too.....!!!

15 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Maybe a hotel and small 3,000 - 4,000 indoor arena for Basketball and Badminton / Tennis / Music ?  bit of landscaping between all 3  ( AG / Hotel / Arena ) to make it all connected / park like with easy access to Winterstoke road and all 3 buildings will flourish and bounce of each other.

There is talk of an indoor ski slope, ice skating rink, hotel and conference facilities, independent shops, indoor speedway track with academy and/or cycle velodrome incorporated, Olympic size swimming pool or karting track. Plus Golf driving range and Academy....With them all coming under the Bristol Sport banner.

All in my dreams of course ;-)

14 minutes ago, spudski said:

There is talk of an indoor ski slope, ice skating rink, hotel and conference facilities, independent shops, indoor speedway track with academy and/or cycle velodrome incorporated, Olympic size swimming pool or karting track. Plus Golf driving range and Academy....With them all coming under the Bristol Sport banner.

Incorrect, there will not be a Golf Driving range but a full size 18 hole indoor course instead.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Find a backer Spud's and all your dreams may come true !! Or move to Birmingham which might be the easier option...

I wonder how much could be put onto the site - it's a huge couple of plots (Wikes and Braby) if BS can get both plots it will be interesting to see what they can do

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

Find a backer Spud's and all your dreams may come true !! Or move to Birmingham which might be the easier option...

I wonder how much could be put onto the site - it's a huge couple of plots (Wikes and Braby) if BS can get both plots it will be interesting to see what they can do

Bristol could seriously do with an indoor ski slope. One has planning in Weston but again, money is the issue. They are very popular.

6 hours ago, Bowie said:

Just to clarify....Is this the first case of someone signing up to OTIB to complain about the lack of gravy at Ashton Gate.

I think we've hit a new low

Oh, where's Sir Les Q when you need him? If your can remember the recipes you could make your own: Alex 'Oxo' Chamberlain, Bouillon Tinnion and Bisto City spring to mind.... 

21 hours ago, Andy-1 said:

Anyone who has booked this for the Villa match then try and get your hard earned dosh back. Twenty Four of us all hard working self employed City fans paid £120.00 each (incl vat) for the non pleasure. Queued for more than 45mins to watch a guy hack at the lamb only to be told we have forgotten the gravy!! Food very poor and all of us would have been happier with a pie from Keith outside the Rising Sun! For your Hospitality you also get 6 half pint bottles of Heineken and 1 bottle of wine between 12 on a table, this was brought to us at 2.45pm just as we were taking our seats. Absolute farce, we arrived at 12.30pm! Rant over...just wanted you guys not to waste yer wedge thats all. 

Par for the course. Will somebody at the Gate get a grip, please?

PS and the usual tosser will now come on to tell us that he doesn't eat or drink after 1 pm and doesn't see why anybody else should.

Archived