IGNORED

Taylor Moore

Hazelboy

55 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Also it appears he's a fluent French speaker. That'll be useful with Kodjia and Garita assuming he's totally bilingual, especially if Kodjia carries on playing right wing and he's right back.

Sacre Bleu!!………..Zut Alors!

Side issue but amazed to see that RC Lens are in Ligue 2 at present, by French standards they are a very well supported club with an excellent stadium, which is regularly used for Euros and World Cups.

This looks a very progressive, innovative signing and would possibly be our record signing.

Although only 19 with less than 10 first team starts for Lens this lad won't be for the development squad, he'll definitely go straight into the first team one.

13 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

If true, and I do hope so, this is again the sort of player we would never have signed or even known how to sign before the off the field set up was changed. This for me is the most exciting progress at BCFC in decades. It is the only way we can hope to compete with the totally daft and unfair payment for failure system (parachute payments) 

This is the Des Taylor benefit ,

I was wondering what an England U17/18/19 player was doing playing in France, a quick Google and what I can work out he was with West Ham at a very early age but then seemed to have moved to France aged 7ish. Been with Lens since he was 12. So no doubt a fluent French speaker, must have something about him too to be recognised by England. 

Who would have though we would even been looking at such players, never mind attracting them. How far we have come, we seem to have very much changed out recruitment style since Mark Ashton and Lee J hooked up. 

30 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Side issue but amazed to see that RC Lens are in Ligue 2 at present, by French standards they are a very well supported club with an excellent stadium, which is regularly used for Euros and World Cups.

This looks a very progressive, innovative signing and would possibly be our record signing.

Although only 19 with less than 10 first team starts for Lens this lad won't be for the development squad, he'll definitely go straight into the first team one.

He seems to have been involved in some spat between supporters and the club. The implication from the Lens fans is that this partly why he's allowed to leave, and perhaps for cheaper than we'd think.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He seems to have been involved in some spat between supporters and the club. The implication from the Lens fans is that this partly why he's allowed to leave, and perhaps for cheaper than we'd think.

Reported that he has fallen out with the coach, too.

Even if it is cheaper, with the sums being banded around earlier this year surely he won't be that cheap?

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Reported that he has fallen out with the coach, too.

Even if it is cheaper, with the sums being banded around earlier this year surely he won't be that cheap?

Yeah probably not otherwise there'd almost certainly be other interest, which right now there doesn't appear to be. Wonder if we'll break our transfer record on him?

This type of signing while still presenting a bit of a gamble would be the type of risk I hope we'd be taking.

A young player who has already been recognised at international level (and let's be honest; out current under 19s player ain't half bad...), and with the potential to improve.

The fact he speaks French would be an added bonus, as would be that he seems from reports above (and Wikipedia, for what it is worth) to be able to deputise at right back.

Would be a welcome addition, and all that would leave would be another forward who might be able to bury one or two of these chances we are creating...

43 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

Had a quick look at England's U19 team in this summer's European Championship. He started all 3 group games (as captain), and was an unused sub for the semi-final v Italy, which England lost. 

I wonder why he didn't start the semi. Maybe had a slight injury?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_UEFA_European_Under-19_Championship#Group_stage 

Perhaps he fell out with the coach ? 

Archived