IGNORED

Taylor Moore

Hazelboy

11 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

As could Mark Little.

I'm still (like lots of people on here) unconvinced by Little at this level. His positional sense isn't there, and his kick and run tactics which served him so well at League 1, just doesn't cut it in the Championship, IMO.

A fully fit Adam Matthews, like the one we saw at the back end of last season; is nailed on for either the right back, or right wing back role.

9 minutes ago, cynic said:

I hope people aren't putting to much expectation on this 19 year old who has played 9 senior games.

He has great potential but he may not be ready for the Championship straight away.

Hopefully, LJ will ease him into the team with a sub appearance tomorrow and a full game at Fulham in the cup.

Tammy had played less than that before he came here and has taken to this level very well. They both play for the same England side, and Taylor is captain. I expect he will be featuring very regularly in the first team.

34 minutes ago, cynic said:

I hope people aren't putting to much expectation on this 19 year old who has played 9 senior games.

He has great potential but he may not be ready for the Championship straight away.

Hopefully, LJ will ease him into the team with a sub appearance tomorrow and a full game at Fulham in the cup.

Bit of a gap though init I thought Fulham was the 20th September we got three league games after the international break . 

46 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Please don't think me patronising, but that is an excellent translation - especially if you have not practised French for almost 20 years.

If I am being particularly pedantic, I would make the minor amendments highlighted above.

Bonne Journée. 

@Fordy62 perhaps apply to the examination board for a regrading?

Something didn't make sense to me about this transfer & why we have seemingly got such a good deal - so I have been in touch with a family friend of Taylor to see what I could find out.

It would appear that things had gone sour for him at Lens & the last couple of years in particular have been a bit of a nightmare for him - not so much from a football point of view but due to things going on behind the scenes.

It would appear that the biggest single factor behind the Lens' discontent towards him was that he has chosen to play for England rather than France and this didn't sit at all well with the hierarchy at either Lens or the France National Team after the time and effort that they have invested in him.

Taylor is genuinely delighted about his return to England & is excited about the vision that has been sold to him by our club. He hasn't joined us to play in the Championship for very long.

Right place, right time. We've got ourselves a bargain here I think.

I have just had a glance at the RC Lens forum, which, as might be expected, contains a totally disparate collection of views concerning TM.

Firstly, the rumoured €10M valuation appears to be just that, i.e. a rumour: Lyon were apparently mentioned (without any proof) as having touted such a figure last season, but TM was dropped from the 1st team squad shortly thereafter and banished to the reserves - playing in CFA, a standard that equates roughly to our Conference.

TM only played a handful of games for the RCL 1st team, although seems to be considered as 'one for the future'. 

The forum members acknowledge that, as captain of England Under 19s, TM obviously has something going for him, and there is some criticism of the current management for not keeping him in the 1st team squad.

Interestingly, there is widespread incredulity that, if he really is as good as the RCL management tried to make out, why did the 'top' English teams not buy him and send him out on loan, as they did with the younger Hazard, Thorgan.

In conclusion, the general RCL consensus is that their management don't really know what they are doing in letting a potential star go to such a small club as Bristol City, when he could and should have been given another chance for RCL in the French second division.  

18 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

This could well be the best bit of business, by any championship club this window.  

Welcome to Ashton Gate. I can't wait to see how he prograsses. 

Another cornerstone added to our team. Building for the future and competing today. What a window we are having. 

Stevo

' Prograsses ' have we bought him in as groundsman ?

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

@Major Isewater

@PHILINFRANCE

work your magic please boys...

image.png

Do you know what... I'm gonna use my 1998 a-level (Grade B)  to have a go....

"I've had a complicated year; but I've continued to work at having the time to play and stay an international. 

I've always tried to keep a mentality of hard work and keep a smile (?). 

Unfortunately that wasn't enough. I could never have had the chance and so I had to make a difficult decision, but one which is best for me & my family. 

So I am going, after 7 beautiful years, to leave Racing club Lens For a club which has shown great confidence in me: Bristol City. Their ambitious project will permit me to raise to a new level, to work with quality ambitious coaches and to progress further. 

I am happy to take on this new challenge with a club that has a lot of ambition and a very interesting sporting project, but I'm also sad to leave like this. 

I am proud of my last 7 years here and I give thanks from the bottom of my heart to the people who've always supported me, my team mates (?), the training team (?) who gave me so much, and also above all the supporters who never left me what ever the circumstances. It is you who make Lens one of the biggest clubs in France. 

Thank you Lens. I will not forget you. 

TM

(NB you can't copy & paste an image into google translate, so apologies to any of the Francophiles who spot the odd error!)

Sorry Fordy ,did n't get to this post until just now but frankly you don't need me . Good work .

15 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I believe Geoff Merrick was, but did Bobby Moore OBE ever receive a Knighthood?

And you just knew you could rely on the Bristol Post to get the 'Sir Bobby Moore' thing incorrect....http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/what-is-the-link-between-bristol-city-8217-s-new-signing-taylor-moore-and-sir-bobby-moore/story-29654601-detail/story.html

He was never knighted!

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

And you just knew you could rely on the Bristol Post to get the 'Sir Bobby Moore' thing incorrect....http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/what-is-the-link-between-bristol-city-8217-s-new-signing-taylor-moore-and-sir-bobby-moore/story-29654601-detail/story.html

He was never knighted!

I know he wasn't, hence my post!

For the record, nor was Geoff Merrick ;).

3 hours ago, Cardy said:

Something didn't make sense to me about this transfer & why we have seemingly got such a good deal - so I have been in touch with a family friend of Taylor to see what I could find out.

It would appear that things had gone sour for him at Lens & the last couple of years in particular have been a bit of a nightmare for him - not so much from a football point of view but due to things going on behind the scenes.

It would appear that the biggest single factor behind the Lens' discontent towards him was that he has chosen to play for England rather than France and this didn't sit at all well with the hierarchy at either Lens or the France National Team after the time and effort that they have invested in him.

Taylor is genuinely delighted about his return to England & is excited about the vision that has been sold to him by our club. He hasn't joined us to play in the Championship for very long.

Right place, right time. We've got ourselves a bargain here I think.

I think that if the club and the French national team are really that peeved at him choosing England, that they'd fall out with him, it shows just how highly thought of he is and just how much potential he has. 

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I know you knew he wasn't!

And you were correcting another post that suggested he had been knighted - that's why I thought you'd be interested in the fact that The Bristol Post had also mistakenly assumed he'd been knighted...

My Apologies.

I have just looked again at the EP article and see they have even called him Sir Bobby Moore in the title!

Incredible.

19 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think that if the club and the French national team are really that peeved at him choosing England, that they'd fall out with him, it shows just how highly thought of he is and just how much potential he has. 

Exactly. I could see why France would be a little upset but surely Lens wouldn't be. You know how much a seasoned young English centre half costs these days? Ask Man City. If they would've sold him to Lyon for 10m€ with a sell on. He'd have netted them 25m. 

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

My Apologies.

I have just looked again at the EP article and see they have even called him Sir Bobby Moore in the title!

Incredible.

No need to apologise!

The lack of research in the media world is unforgivable in this digital age - Sky Sports, Talksport, local press - all make horrendous errors that are so easy to check out and get right! Dunno why it annoys me as much as it does!

English prices, even at academy level, are off the scale and unsustainable.

I have a good friend whose 12 year old has just moved from Fulhams C1 academy to Chelsea's C1 academy and trust me when I say the compensation that had to be paid for the 6 (yes 6!!) years he had been at Fulham makes your eyes water..

Archived