This is an impressive team...........

O'Donnell

Moore            Flint            Magnusson  

O'Dowda                                                                   Bryan

O'Neil                    Smith

Tomlin

Abraham                     Kodjia   

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Only problem with this is O'Dowda. He is a winger/attacking midfielder. Let's not ruin a promising career but trying to make him into a wing back.

We need a decent right wingback before we play 352 please let's not try putting square pegs in round holes!

agree.

3 hours ago, ashtonphil said:

What's your problem with QEH - I can only assume you either went to BGS or have no idea what you are talking about. 

There are a few Old Elizabethans on this forum and a couple of current ones too I think......

Joe tried, but it's no Clifton College eh?

:laugh:, people think he didn't go to QEH?!!

9 hours ago, ashtonphil said:

What's your problem with QEH - I can only assume you either went to BGS or have no idea what you are talking about. 

There are a few Old Elizabethans on this forum and a couple of current ones too I think......

You're quite correct, Sir. Now pipe down, what. 

In other news, can anyone translate TM's love letter to RCL? 

@Major Isewater

@PHILINFRANCE

work your magic please boys...

image.png

Do you know what... I'm gonna use my 1998 a-level (Grade B)  to have a go....

"I've had a complicated year; but I've continued to work at having the time to play and stay an international. 

I've always tried to keep a mentality of hard work and keep a smile (?). 

Unfortunately that wasn't enough. I could never have had the chance and so I had to make a difficult decision, but one which is best for me & my family. 

So I am going, after 7 beautiful years, to leave Racing club Lens For a club which has shown great confidence in me: Bristol City. Their ambitious project will permit me to raise to a new level, to work with quality ambitious coaches and to progress further. 

I am happy to take on this new challenge with a club that has a lot of ambition and a very interesting sporting project, but I'm also sad to leave like this. 

I am proud of my last 7 years here and I give thanks from the bottom of my heart to the people who've always supported me, my team mates (?), the training team (?) who gave me so much, and also above all the supporters who never left me what ever the circumstances. It is you who make Lens one of the biggest clubs in France. 

Thank you Lens. I will not forget you. 

TM

(NB you can't copy & paste an image into google translate, so apologies to any of the Francophiles who spot the odd error!)

42 minutes ago, TNBT said:

Not sure if anyone has put this on here yet but here's the link for FC Lens's forum and Moore's transfer to us, not read it yet as Google's not translated it for me yet so not sure what is said about our newest recruit. 

http://forum.bollaert.fr/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3472

Well, rather than spend your time with Google translate, my gift for everyone today is to give you an idea of what the forum says (although even I won't read all 9 Pages!) 

And amazingly it says.....everything that is said on every forum in England when a young player is sold!!

a) not good enough

b) too good

c) too cheap

d) not given a chance

e) should have been sold when Lyon bid €10m for him

f) He should have gone to a bigger club

f) etc

It's actually quite comforting that a French club forum is exactly the same as here,

One really interesting post was by someone who said that Moore was definitely not your typical English player given how absolutely dire most of our players are, something we can hardly argue with given our Euros appearance. 

Overall, as I mentioned in an earlier post, it looks as though they were upset at losing him, he may not be the finished article, but could definitely turn in to being a very good player and we should be very happy. 

Bonne journée tout le monde

17 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

@Major Isewater

@PHILINFRANCE

image.png

Something something something continue. Something something something international, something something something else. Something difficult decision something.

Something something leave RC Lens, something big something Bristol City ambitious project, something coach ambitious progress more.

I am something new challenge something club with ambition and sports project very interesting. I am something 7 years Racing (Lens). Something something something Lens big France

Thank you Lens, something!

Taylor Moore.

Im getting a hang of this French malarkey.

1 minute ago, City169 said:

Something something something continue. Something something something international, something something something else. Something difficult decision something.

Something something leave RC Lens, something big something Bristol City ambitious project, something coach ambitious progress more.

I am something new challenge something club with ambition and sports project very interesting. I am something 7 years Racing (Lens). Something something something Lens big France

Thank you Lens, something!

Taylor Moore.

Im getting a hang of this French malarkey.

Having just done the same, it's surprisingly easy to pick up after all these years. 

How interesting that they always mention the project. I wonder if they're fed that line. 

41 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

@Major Isewater

@PHILINFRANCE

image.png

"I've had a complicated year; but I've continued to work at having the time to play and stay an international. 

Unfortunately that wasn't enough. I could never have had the chance and so I had to make a difficult decision, but one which is best for me & my family. 

So I am going, after 7 beautiful years, to leave Racing club Lens For a club which has shown great confidence in me: Bristol City. Their ambitious project will permit me to raise to a new level, to work with quality ambitious coaches and to progress further. 

I am happy to take on this new challenge with a club that has a lot of ambition and a very interesting sporting project, but I'm also sad to leave like this. 

I am proud of my last 7 years here and I give thanks from the bottom of my heart to the people who've always supported me, my team mates (?), the training team (?) who gave me so much, and also above all the supporters who never left me what ever the circumstances. It is you who make Lens one of the biggest clubs in France. 

TM

(NB you can't copy & paste an image into google translate, so apologies to any of the Francophiles who spot the odd error!)

A+ well done. 

16 hours ago, spudski said:

Had to put this up...this tune came on the radio in the car earlier. Driving along...the chorus...I'm sure he was singing 'Taylor Moore....let the rhythm take you over...Taylor Moore'. pmsl....apparently not haha.

Funny how you hear different words in lyrics. Perhaps the Chorus could be adapted for our new signing and sung on the 'terraces' ;-)

Made me giggle anyway...and 'Taylor Moore' will be sung along to this in future in my head if ever heard again ;-)

Starts at 49 seconds...

Brilliant! I had free tickets to see Enrique at the O2 London 18 months ago, wasn't particularly a fan before but he was fantastic. Downloaded a couple of his albums since and play them now and again, I'm never going to hear this song now without hearing Taylor Moore! 

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

@Major Isewater

@PHILINFRANCE

image.png

So I am going, after 7 beautiful years, to leave Racing club Lens For a club which has shown great confidence in me: Bristol City. Their ambitious project will permit me to rise to a new challenge, to work with quality ambitious coaches and to progress further. 

I am proud of my last 7 years here and I give thanks from the bottom of my heart to the people who've always supported me, my team mates (?), the training team (?) who gave me so much, and especially the supporters who never left me what ever the circumstances. It is you who make Lens one of the biggest clubs in France. 

TM

Please don't think me patronising, but that is an excellent translation - especially if you have not practised French for almost 20 years.

If I am being particularly pedantic, I would make the minor amendments highlighted above.

Bonne Journée. 

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

@Major Isewater

@PHILINFRANCE

image.png

TM

Big Tone's condensed translation.

Lens is a French shithole but I am going to God's own country - Bristol.

Archived