IGNORED

Taylor Moore

Hazelboy

1 minute ago, ciderbeans said:

Given he's costing good money, could that see us switching to 3 at the back? Magnussen, flint, Moore? Can't see us spending that money for him to be a bench player

No. If we go 3 at the back then we only have 1 back up so we need another one at least. I think this will be a future 1st team player but he can provide cover to CB , RB and CM to the first team now. This is probably some of the Bolasie money and Matthews injury coming into play.

2 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Given he's costing good money, could that see us switching to 3 at the back? Magnussen, flint, Moore? Can't see us spending that money for him to be a bench player

LJ stated that he actually like playing 3-5-2. I like the fact that we are far more flexible in formation and adapt to the opposition and game situation.

6 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

If we're getting players in they have to be as good as if not better than what we have unless they're going into the u21s . We need competition for places so they will cost decent money. No one should be  guaranteed a place.    

8 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

LJ stated that he actually like playing 3-5-2. I like the fact that we are far more flexible in formation and adapt to the opposition and game situation.

I hoped I saw the last of 3 at the back when Cotts was sacked :ranting:;)

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

If this goes through for the rumoured £1.5m that would be a combined £4m spent on two defenders this transfer window. Who would have thought that would ever have been the case?!

Will be interesting to see how he fits in as its a lot of money to spend on a backup defender.

Maybe Flint is off or he doesn't fancy Little at RB. As you say a hell of lot of money for a back up.

5 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Maybe Flint is off or he doesn't fancy Little at RB. As you say a hell of lot of money for a back up.

Don't read it as Flint as being off. Matthews isn't our player and who knows if we'll ever sign him permanently. We need back up for Flint, and an option of a player who can play in two positions across the back has to be an good addition to the squad 

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Kodjia said:

Is Moore a CB who can play RB? Or the other way round?

Sounds like a right sided version of Hordur who is primarily a CB but also a pretty decent LB. It does give us the option to comfortably play a back three again if LJ fancies it. 

30 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

If this goes through for the rumoured £1.5m that would be a combined £4m spent on two defenders this transfer window. Who would have thought that would ever have been the case?!

Will be interesting to see how he fits in as its a lot of money to spend on a backup defender.

Mathews is out for 2-3 months, and he's only on a seasons loan, so I see him as backup. Maybe his lack of fitness has sealed his fate and his loan won't be converted to a transfer at the end of the season. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

Mathews is out for 2-3 months, and he's only on a seasons loan, so I see him as backup. Maybe his lack of fitness has sealed his fate and his loan won't be converted to a transfer at the end of the season. 

Prognosis was 3-4 weeks I thought following his scan on Monday. 

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

He's out for 3-4 weeks.

Archived