IGNORED

Taylor Moore

Hazelboy

Very much get the feeling that, if this is happening, it is no last minute impulse but a further manifestation of the club's rejuvenated and proactive recruitment policy. Clever scouting, buying potential at realistic prices and approaching the 'market' with imagination and an eye for the immediate, middle-term and long-term future. Very impressed!

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Mathews is out for 2-3 months, and he's only on a seasons loan, so I see him as backup. Maybe his lack of fitness has sealed his fate and his loan won't be converted to a transfer at the end of the season. 

Why would we spend £1.5m on a centre back who can play right back if needed? Surely we would spend money on a right back to play right back.

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Why would we spend £1.5m on a centre back who can play right back if needed? Surely we would spend money on a right back to play right back.

Because we also have Adam Matthews. We were already looking for a CB so I'm imagining this hasn't just turned up out of the blue. The fact that he could cover at RB whilst Matthews is out is a bonus. 

2 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Prognosis was 3-4 weeks I thought following his scan on Monday. 

2 minutes ago, Kodjia said:

He's out for 3-4 weeks.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Only a month out but I think you`re right in what you say.

Ok - my 2-3 months was a bit OTT, but as Mathews wasn't fit when he joined City, it's going to take him a while to reach full match fitness when he resumes training. If City say 3-4 weeks I think it means 2 months. By then, hopefully, Moore will be established in the team 

6 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Because we also have Adam Matthews. We were already looking for a CB so I'm imagining this hasn't just turned up out of the blue. The fact that he could cover at RB whilst Matthews is out is a bonus. 

Fair point.

If we could bring in a decent right wingback then I wouldn't mind seeing the 3,5,2.  Think the wingback role suits Bryan more than fullback or winger. Also believe that with O'Neil in the middle we will have more experience in midfield to play this formation as I think Smith and Pack were a bit inexperienced to play this last season.

Would then leave more questions over Freeman and possibly O'Dowda as not sure where they will fit into it. Can't see either being happy with a bit part to play from the bench.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

image.jpeg

I love that episode.  Got into FT quite late, but it's mint.

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Right back.

30 minutes ago, !james said:

Yes CB who can play RB. Interview on daily mail said he had never played RB before when Lens gave him his debut in the position

Transfermarkt has him as RB who can play either DC, but that might be purely based on where he's played so far, rather than on favoured position.

Not seen him play for England in the summer, but great pedigree and with Flint and Magnússon looking solid(ish) together, assuming he's a technically skilled youngster he's going to give Litts a bit of competition over the next month or two.

We are using our three windows very astutely in respect of FFP.

12 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Well technically yes, but he was miles off fitness before injury, so it's likely to be 2 months before we see him remotely close to 90 mins at first team level. LJ was very scathing about him . In my view, not a hope we going to sign him unless he shows a marked improvement in approach and attitude . 

How do you know what his approach and attitude has been like?

Is he a centre back or full back? As I read it he's a versatile player who can play in more than one position. If so it's what we need. Some players can only really play in one position - e g Flint - but there are plenty of good players who are more versatile.  

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I love that episode.  Got into FT quite late, but it's mint.

Transfermarkt has him as RB who can play either DC, but that might be purely based on where he's played so far, rather than on favoured position.

Not seen him play for England in the summer, but great pedigree and with Flint and Magnússon looking solid(ish) together, assuming he's a technically skilled youngster he's going to give Litts a bit of competition over the next month or two.

We are using our three windows very astutely in respect of FFP.

From this interview talking about his debut for Lens: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3217412/Taylor-Moore-Englishman-wears-No-6-following-different-path-Bobby-18-year-old-impressing-Lens.html

"I wouldn’t say I was extremely nervous, I was just looking forward to it so much. I just wanted to get the game underway. I was more scared about playing right back, a position I’d never played before, than playing in the derby."

29 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Only a month out but I think you`re right in what you say.

Was training with the kids at Sunderland,and now an injury..was very good for us at the end of last season and has quality that can make a difference in this league.when fit could have a very good year for us ..

7 minutes ago, !james said:

From this interview talking about his debut for Lens: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3217412/Taylor-Moore-Englishman-wears-No-6-following-different-path-Bobby-18-year-old-impressing-Lens.html

"I wouldn’t say I was extremely nervous, I was just looking forward to it so much. I just wanted to get the game underway. I was more scared about playing right back, a position I’d never played before, than playing in the derby."

Wasn't Vyner similar when making his debut too?

The most exciting thing about recruitment this summer is that the likes of Moore, O'Dowda, Magnusson, Brownhill, Lucic, maybe De Girolamo, they're all bought with the idea that they are going to be much better in 2 or 3 years' time.

I'd like to think that even if things went wrong and we didn't achieve what we want to achieve, at least one of those is going to be worth a hefty amount when they peak.

6 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

The most exciting thing about recruitment this summer is that the likes of Moore, O'Dowda, Magnusson, Brownhill, Lucic, maybe De Girolamo, they're all bought with the idea that they are going to be much better in 2 or 3 years' time.

I'd like to think that even if things went wrong and we didn't achieve what we want to achieve, at least one of those is going to be worth a hefty amount when they peak.

Don`t forget Jonny Smith. He could end up being one of the best of the lot.

12 minutes ago, Sargent Pepper said:

I think thats gone over your head there Fordy.

Genuine fact though is his Dads name is Barry Moore. Lets hope we strike it Lucky with this one.

Ahhh. Cheers. Victim of the puns eh? That's it... I'm never punning ever again. I've now joined the list of pun haters. 

Stupid puns. 

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

If this goes through for the rumoured £1.5m that would be a combined £4m spent on two defenders this transfer window. Who would have thought that would ever have been the case?!

Will be interesting to see how he fits in as its a lot of money to spend on a backup defender.

Quite nice to see us recognising our weaknesses instead of the 'if it's not working chuck another striker on' approach!

1 hour ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Maybe Flint is off or he doesn't fancy Little at RB. As you say a hell of lot of money for a back up.

Does anyone fancy Little at right back?! Liability. That wild hack at the ball v Newcastle on Saturday right on H/T was hillarious. #pubplayer

Archived