IGNORED

NFL 2016 season

BS3_RED

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha etc

Missus got up for a wee about 3 and woke me, so I checked the score, 28-20 with time running out. Woke up in a bad mood, turned the radio on and got the fantastic news

Thank you TB12. Now you can **** off again :)

They are something else though, the Pats. What a comeback, what a team

6 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha etc

Missus got up for a wee about 3 and woke me, so I checked the score, 28-20 with time running out. Woke up in a bad mood, turned the radio on and got the fantastic news

Thank you TB12. Now you can **** off again :)

They are something else though, the Pats. What a comeback, what a team

And you went back to sleep??!

Go on then hands up who went to bed early?:fear:

I went to bed halfway through the 3rd:facepalm: and a mate of mine went at the beginning of the 4th.

Brady and Belichick will go down as the GOAT's.

I'm Michigan through and through and i personally think they're still tarnished with Cheatgate and Deflategate.

But you can't take it away from them last night.

tb2.jpg

tb1.jpg

40 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

I went to bed halfway through the 3rd:facepalm: and a mate of mine went at the beginning of the 4th.

Nope, I stayed up until it finished but didn't wait around for the trophy presentation.

It was the best Super Bowl I can ever remember watching & I've been watching since Channel 4 started showing American Football back in the 80's!!

1 hour ago, northsomersetred said:

Brady and Belichick will go down as the GOAT's.

I'm Michigan through and through and i personally think they're still tarnished with Cheatgate and Deflategate.

But you can't take it away from them last night.

Not me. Then again, being on Eastern Time helped somewhat...

Yes, I stayed up to watch the whole game. And what a game! The NFL's answer to the two halves scenario.

If anyone had money on the Pats getting back at halftime they must be ordering the McLaren and a long cruise today. And possibly an Arsenal season ticket. The Falcons played as well as we expected for just over two quarters, but then I thought they eased off the pedal a bit thereafter. Once the Pats were back on their case it was too difficult to pick the pace up again. Having waltzed the first half and made a mountain for the Pats they contrived to stumble at the end. With a solid drive to close the game out in Q4, they took a redzone opportunity and went into reverse: sacks and penalties took them out of fieldgoal range right at the crux. Brady doesn't make a mess twice in the same game. Belichick looked like a pitbull licking p*** off a stinging nettle all night but called it right in the end.

The abiding feeling I will take is the Falcons sinking to the ground as White broke the plane: a whole year of sweat, pain, practice and hope - extinguished in an instant. There's nothing like the consuming feeling of emptiness.

3 hours ago, Erithacus said:

With a solid drive to close the game out in Q4, they took a redzone opportunity and went into reverse: sacks and penalties took them out of fieldgoal range right at the crux. 

This is the bit I'm struggling to understand. A field goal so close to the end would almost certainly have won the game for them, and they were within range, at least on first down. Surely they could and should have run the ball three times (and run the clock down a bit) and then gone for a field goal on 4th down? Or would it even have been that crazy to go for a field goal on first or second down? 

6 hours ago, North London Red said:

This is the bit I'm struggling to understand. A field goal so close to the end would almost certainly have won the game for them, and they were within range, at least on first down. Surely they could and should have run the ball three times (and run the clock down a bit) and then gone for a field goal on 4th down? Or would it even have been that crazy to go for a field goal on first or second down? 

I guess that at the time & having got caught up with already believing they had won & the fact that the Pats had had such little success throughout the night that they just thought there is no way they could throw this away?!?

It'll definitely be interesting to see how they react come the new season & whether they have any hangover from this.

It's easy now to replay the game and make the Falcons winners, but that's not what winners do. Matt Ryan has admitted he should have taken his medicine rather than lose more yardage, but hindsight masks blindness. I can't imagine how the team will be feeling from now until the opening day of the new season - it will seem like an eternity.

Meanwhile the Patriots fill more pages of the history books. Brady has not said anything about hanging up his helmet yet, and the core of the team is likely to remain, including the injured Gronkowski. However Mr Kraft might find some salary negotiations occupying part of his summer. The game is over but the sport doesn't stop!

1 hour ago, northsomersetred said:

I know the season's over but if you've got 10mins spare well worth a watch.

Amazing how views on big hits have changed in such a short space of time.

The actual hit

The aftermath 15yrs on

Puts things into perspective & you can kind of see why they've gone so big on the concussion protocol.

That & the world we live in where if there's a blame, there's a claim!!

Real shame though as it's taking away a massive part of the draw of the game.

Looks like the Redskins could be all change for 2017!!

Looks like they've not done themselves any favours with regards to Kirk Cousins & if they are to keep him it's going to cost them a premium!!

Also looks like Jackson & Garcon could be free agents!!

On the plus side, it'll definitely give them some wiggle room when it comes to bringing in new players but just who'll join is a completely different matter.

Just when it looked like there were some positives with their end of season performances, they go & put more questions than answers out there before the new season gets organised.

Let's hope things get sorted well before training starts.

18 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Looks like the Redskins could be all change for 2017!!

Looks like they've not done themselves any favours with regards to Kirk Cousins & if they are to keep him it's going to cost them a premium!!

Also looks like Jackson & Garcon could be free agents!!

On the plus side, it'll definitely give them some wiggle room when it comes to bringing in new players but just who'll join is a completely different matter.

Just when it looked like there were some positives with their end of season performances, they go & put more questions than answers out there before the new season gets organised.

Let's hope things get sorted well before training starts.

Just read that Cousins fancies SF and being reunited with Shanahan

Thing is, who would you take from free agency or the draft to replace him? Not a good year to be looking for a QB

23 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Just read that Cousins fancies SF and being reunited with Shanahan

Thing is, who would you take from free agency or the draft to replace him? Not a good year to be looking for a QB

I've not really looked but I guess the hope would be that they can improve everywhere else in the squad with the money they have spare & then hope someone comes good at QB.

Cousin's has them by the short & curly's right now & I'd be surprised to see them get held to ransom by him, he struggled at the start of last season so I'm not sure they feel he's worth the money especially when you consider just how much else needs improving. Unless of course they have a cunning plan but I'm not going to hold my breath.

15 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I've not really looked but I guess the hope would be that they can improve everywhere else in the squad with the money they have spare & then hope someone comes good at QB.

Cousin's has them by the short & curly's right now & I'd be surprised to see them get held to ransom by him, he struggled at the start of last season so I'm not sure they feel he's worth the money especially when you consider just how much else needs improving. Unless of course they have a cunning plan but I'm not going to hold my breath.

He got the tag in the end I saw. Doesn't mean he's 100% a Redskin next season, but seems more likely I guess? Think he'll have made something like $48m over the two years on the tag. Not bad, sure he can scrape by on it!

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

He got the tag in the end I saw. Doesn't mean he's 100% a Redskin next season, but seems more likely I guess? Think he'll have made something like $48m over the two years on the tag. Not bad, sure he can scrape by on it!

That's ridiculous!!

I guess they already had enough in the budget to strengthen the positions required & weighing up replacing Cousins would probably be too much with little proof of guaranteed success?

At least with a settled QB they have a foundation to build on. But we already needed some game winners on the offensive side of things & that will be even more evident if Garçon & Jackson are gone, so a new backfield is basically required!!

Should make for an interesting couple of months with regards to team building.

48 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

That's ridiculous!!

I guess they already had enough in the budget to strengthen the positions required & weighing up replacing Cousins would probably be too much with little proof of guaranteed success?

At least with a settled QB they have a foundation to build on. But we already needed some game winners on the offensive side of things & that will be even more evident if Garçon & Jackson are gone, so a new backfield is basically required!!

Should make for an interesting couple of months with regards to team building.

Didn't you get Doctson in the draft last year? How did he turn out, can't recall hearing much about him?

My Saints picked up the best rookie WR in Michael Thomas, what a season he had. Hopefully more to come from him

34 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Didn't you get Doctson in the draft last year? How did he turn out, can't recall hearing much about him?

My Saints picked up the best rookie WR in Michael Thomas, what a season he had. Hopefully more to come from him

Nothing, he got an Achilles injury which meant he only played 2 games, had a setback when recovering & that was him!! They are hoping he should be fit NOW, so it's a case of hoping he can make a fresh start & get properly fit from now on in.

Although Robert Kelley came to the fore as a RB, it's just hoping it wasn't a one off but I'd like us to have more options rather than being so reliant on one player so much.

Really hoping they already have a plan in place.

Talk now apparently that Cousins could go to the 49ers, Romo could come into the Redskins & the Cowboys would receive the No.2 overall pick in this years draft!! It needs all teams to agree to the deals for any one of them to go through in essence!!

Rather surprisingly (in my view) Jay Gruden has agreed to a 2-year contract extension with the Redskins although he still had 2 years left on a 5 year contract!!

It'll make him the first Redskins head-coach to receive a contract extension since Dan Snyder brought the Skins in 1999!! That's a long time to go with swapping head coach out constantly!!

Could we finally be finding a bit of consistency? I guess the Cousins situation will dictate that?!?

Archived