IGNORED

Slovakia vs England

BRISTOL86

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Big Sam said before the game that he'd be happy with the draw. What a shit thing to say, so what did you all expect. 

England football is a steaming pile of shit and will continue to be with players like Rooney playing. 

Sterling looked bright for first 10 minutes and then reverted back being the Sterling of the past 12 months, Rooney struggling, Kane looks lost and Dier IMO overrated.

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Definitely, I'm not defending the performance but it's laughable to suggest it's not up to the manager who picks the team. 

Trouble is the pool of talent he has to choose from, who qualify as English. 

The backlash now being, if talented players can qualify to play for other counties rather than England; there going to, in all likelihood take it. 

Their on a hiding to nothing!

15 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Pretty sure that's not a trait exclusive to England. Even club managers can be guilty of picking names over form. 

It's not like we have 4 or 5 quality options in every position. 

With the inclusion of the likes of Antonio and Drinkwater, it seems like he is considering form and seems a bit harsh to write him off as a 'yes man' (what does that even mean?) after less than 45 minutes. 

Did we really expect 11 changes from the Iceland game? Would be very unusual for an incoming manager to be so radical. His preferred 11 will no doubt evolve over time. 

Speak for yourself. I for one am stunned and outraged that the whole setup hasn't been totally revolutionised in the space of 2 and a bit months. 

9 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Has Rooney been told to play as a centre half then? Awful performance so far.

I said on another thread that Rooney is only playing midfield these days because he hasnt been the same since his heel injury, and I suspected he knows this, thus asked for midfield just to stay on the pitch, doesnt do a good job though.

These types of players has had their day, we all have seen it doesnt work, get someone else in, players who are hungry to play for england, not this sorry lot.

Tend to agree Northern Red... i was expecting a substantially changed team but when you have Shakespeare and Lee as Sam's number '2's it sort of tells you we are likely to see evolution rather than revolution. Sammy Lee for crying out loud...

Kane has absolutely no confidence.. look at that limp offering. Useless.

4 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Might win now!! Skirtel should have been sent off twice; the ref had hoped he could have given the guy another yellow and re-written the rules of football. Bizarre the guy has been on the pitch this long.

Thanks for the optimism. But the excuse now will be : "Hard to play against 10 men"  remember. 

4 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

If Sam loses this one now can we be justified by asking for him to be sacked at this early doors? I mean it might be the only chance the FA has to say 'sorry we made a mistake' . if not we are stuck with this drivel for at least 12 months chaps.

Good to see you're giving him a fair crack of the whip.

4 minutes ago, Redrobbin said:

Thanks for the optimism. But the excuse now will be : "Hard to play against 10 men"  remember. 

Too much optimism?

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Good to see you're giving him a fair crack of the whip.

Not enough..

I can't win . Or am I being ironic. I am not sure myself actually. 

Oh the delights of being English.

Walcott will win it.. come on lad.

Archived