IGNORED

Slovakia vs England

BRISTOL86

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Isn't it terrible that I'd be just as happy with a Joe Hart howler as I would be an England goal. 

That is shocking. I would never wish that. What is wrong with you man. Have a word with yourself and then go eat a Welsh Cake and wash it down with a hot toddy. Shameful.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

After the appointments of Cotterill and Lee J, the signings of Wibraham and Kodjia just in the last few years, you'd have thought people on here would have learnt to give things more than 45 minutes.

For me...Big Sam blew his chance the minute he made Rooney captain ....and continued with this belief he can play 'midfield'

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

After the appointments of Cotterill and Lee J, the signings of Wibraham and Kodjia just in the last few years, you'd have thought people on here would have learnt to give things more than 45 minutes.

To be fair to @havanatopia I think he was being a little bit tongue-in-cheek. But I wonder when we will learn to stop pointing the finger at the manager.

When almost every manager in living memory - many of them highly regarded - has ultimately failed and served up similar drivel at least some of the time, what does that tell you about the root cause of the problem?

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Genuinely Lee Tomlin would be better out there than Rooney. 

England team for next game

O'Donnell

Walker       Flint.           Moore.        Golbourne

.              Smith.      O'Neill 

Freeman.        Tomlin.             Bryan

.                        Abraham

edit- I felt Little would be a weak link, so decided to keep Kyle Walker

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Isn't it terrible that I'd be just as happy with a Joe Hart howler as I would be an England goal. 

Dude, its the requirement to be eligable to be an england keeper these days... The latest magic trick all england keepers need to know, its absolutely vital that they know how to touch the ball but still let it go through them over entertainment purposes. P

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

To be fair to @havanatopia I think he was being a little bit tongue-in-cheek. But I wonder when we will learn to stop pointing the finger at the manager.

When almost every manager in living memory - many of them highly regarded - has ultimately failed and served up similar drivel at least some of the time, what does that tell you about the root cause of the problem?

Of course things are far more deep rooted, but there is a case of England managers picking the same people who failed before. When LJ got the job and Cotterill before him, both changed the formation and changed the team

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

A little bit I was but irritatingly part of me was not; how bad is that or is that just the underbelly of malaise we all have? 

For sure the FA should be root and branched and the players somehow need to have brain surgery. 

But I am a glass half full guy even if I think I speak for many in simply being disappointed Sam has relinquished any form of cojones to change a pretty dire team.... unfathomable actually. Nothing wrong in being critical of that.

I gave up on England a long time ago and never looked back. I don't see how England can ever be successful with the current set up at the FA. How Greg Dyke ever got anywhere near the top job is beyond belief! The only way I'd ever start to want to watch England again is if there was a shake up and revamp of the FA. Should be ex footballers who get the top jobs not business men looking to join an old boys club. Just my opinion and I'm sure an opinion that the FA wouldn't give a toss about.

2 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

I gave up on England a long time ago and never looked back. I don't see how England can ever be successful with the current set up at the FA. How Greg Dyke ever got anywhere near the top job is beyond belief! The only way I'd ever start to want to watch England again is if there was a shake up and revamp of the FA. Should be ex footballers who get the top jobs not business men looking to join an old boys club. Just my opinion and I'm sure an opinion that the FA wouldn't give a toss about.

Probably not far off the money there.

11 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

England team for next game

O'Donnell

Walker       Flint.           Moore.        Golbourne

.              Smith.      O'Neill 

Freeman.        Tomlin.             Bryan

.                        Abraham

edit- I felt Little would be a weak link, so decided to keep Kyle Walker

Maybe Vyner could do a job at right back

Archived