IGNORED

Slovakia vs England

BRISTOL86

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Manager doesn't pick the squad? Behave. 

May not be as blatant as I put it but the FA have always appointed Yes men. 

England and its whole set up is a pathetic embarrassment .

Its obvious to see, and always has been...you don't get picked on form. You get picked on name, and who you play for.

Just now, Andy082005 said:

May not be as blatant as I put it but the FA have always appointed Yes men. 

England and its whole set up is a pathetic embarrassment .

Its obvious to see, and always has been...you don't get picked on form. You get picked on name, and who you play for.

You can only blame the manager for team selection. I doubt anyone other than Hodgson thought it made sense to make 6 changes from a winning team last time we played this lot. 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

You can only blame the manager for team selection. I doubt anyone other than Hodgson thought it made sense to make 6 changes from a winning team last time we played this lot. 

He should never have been manager in the first place. Another yes man....

The 6 changes were not a surprise though. The same guy took Jack Wilshire over Drinkwater and Noble 

1 hour ago, Super said:

This group looks piss easy sadly it doesn't matter as we know what will happen in Russia.

Yup...We'll all get beaten up by the Putin mob and then the English clad Putin mob will retaliate and England will get kicked out of the tournament.. By Russia. Its all written in stone.

Just want to add what others have said that this looks and feels like a Euro qualifier type of performance; most of the possession with no finished product. This has to be about the poorest set of players we have had in many a year. I do fully expect us to go on and at least not lose against the mighty Slovaks. What a sorry state.

Same England. Same boring football. Why is the build up so slow? Why aren't they pressing? England aren't the best team in the world but they should have their way with this group but they continue to give teams time to set up defensively. No chances going forward. John Stones has probably been on the ball the most in the first half. Good that he's confident but that same confidence is lost the fort her forward you go. Harry Kane has that "star" syndrome and does none of the things anymore that got him his recognition. I'll keep watching because it's football but you can count the next two years as wasted. Even if they qualify, they'll get ousted early. Maybe not qualifying would be the wake up call needed. 

Just now, Andy082005 said:

We've seen it for years. Players from the big teams get picked continuously no matter what their form is like.

Not just  Woy...every manager before, certainly in my life time. 

Pretty sure that's not a trait exclusive to England. Even club managers can be guilty of picking names over form. 

It's not like we have 4 or 5 quality options in every position. 

With the inclusion of the likes of Antonio and Drinkwater, it seems like he is considering form and seems a bit harsh to write him off as a 'yes man' (what does that even mean?) after less than 45 minutes. 

Did we really expect 11 changes from the Iceland game? Would be very unusual for an incoming manager to be so radical. His preferred 11 will no doubt evolve over time. 

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

To be fair. You would still think Hodgson is still in charge. Judging on the first half performance. 

I'm just hoping that at least Big Sam might just go "Sod it" and chuck on a tall lad up top and tell them to go direct.

Perhaps not a popular opinion, but if England had the resources to play teams to death, we'd not have lost to Iceland.

Vardy and Drinkwater showed last week that you can score goals with pace plus good long passing; why on earth aren't they playing today I do not know.

Archived