IGNORED

The Official Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Match Thread (Merged)

6 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

So tomlin is immune from criticism then is he? 3-1 player sent off game is over, not sure he is the messiah some make him out to be

There's valid criticism and non-valid criticism though.  If he'd done something arrogant with the penalty I'd get it but he aimed for the corner and narrowly missed  Not saying he's the Messiah but every player misses penalties from time to time. He didn't do a great deal wrong and I do take a bit of an issue with people having a go at the person who puts their head over the parapet and narrowly falls short.  Ten players didn't take the penalty, didn't put their neck on the line and thus escape blameless and that seems a tad unfair. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Well yeah.  But players miss penalties.  Tomlin's scored them for us before but that's a thing that happens.  Tomlin has absolutely no control of O Neill's legs and what they do.  It's absurd to blame him for O Neill getting red carded.  That's on either O'Neill or the ref, depending on how you call it.  

Of course players miss penalties just like players panic as gon did,nobody's fault it's football for Christ sake

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Last season we would have given our eye teeth for two away draws.

No one expects us to gain promotion 

Top half is fantastic after last season

COYR

I think what frustrates me....and maybe one or two others....is how many silly mistakes we have made this season. Really really silly mistakes. 

The two goals tonight were school boy stuff. As was the red card. Stupid tackle

Then look at the Rotherham goals.....

It's frustrating as it's not like teams are carving us open. We are gifting teams goals EVERY game 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

Tomlin didn't mean to miss the penalty. An extra inch the other way and you'd all be creaming over it so don't lay into the lad.

I'm way more pissed off about the fact that even though we were taking a penalty and playing against 10 men, Gary O'Neill had to make a stretching challenge from behind to stop them going 2 on 1 against us. Where is the organisation there?! Schoolboy stuff

It was a ridiculously powerful ricochet from the post, dissecting any number of players, and straight to their runner. Never seen anything like it.

1 minute ago, Acton Red said:

What does everyone think to ODonell. Two blips in 2 games or does he have a flaw? If we could cut out the stupid goals we really would be a force to reckon with

Half decent but has that howler in him like I've been saying for ages, I believe a fit frankie is a better keeper,