IGNORED

The Official Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Match Thread (Merged)

4 minutes ago, Atlanta_Red said:

Sounds like they earned it.  More possession, more shots, more corners.

They had more attacking players on the pitch 2nd half. Sounds like Johnson tried to shut up shop when it went 10 vs 10, which is madness considering we're possibly the worst team in Europe at defending a lead by sitting back. 

He needed to put Wednesday on the back foot by introducing Paterson, or just should have kept Tomlin on.  

We tactically shifted as though they still had 11 which was weird from Johnson. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

City are still a work in progress. Great going forward, but prone to bad individual errors.

Its still very early in the season and I back us to tighten up in defence.

A painful lesson learned is the positive way to spin it. 

A painful lesson learned?

Pretty sure we don't learn anything give that we make the same mistakes over and over again...

2 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

City are still a work in progress. Great going forward, but prone to bad individual errors.

its still very early in the season and I back us to tighten up in defence.

A painful lesson learned is the positive way to spin it. 

2 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

Yeah so so frustrating. But there are positives. Changes will be made. Let's not get on their back too much. We have a young squad and a player like Tomlin relies on confidence and fan belief, if we all start laying into him it'll be a huge waste of talent.

And we rely on our top signing to be able to score a penalty.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Let's get this strait everyone.  One player doesn't lose a game in this manner. Even two don't. 

Indeed.  I don't want to get into finger-pointing and I'm not having a go but I think and hope LJ will have learned something after tonight.  From what I've heard (admittedly I wasn't at the game so this may be nonsense) it seems we reacted to going down to 10 men against 10 men by acting like 10 men against 11 and trying to defend what we had for all it was worth.  Ultimately it didn't work and let them back into the game.  As someone said earlier in the thread, sitting back doesn't really work to our strengths.

• Like 1