IGNORED

The Official Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Match Thread (Merged)

Disappointing tonight Tomlin needs to sort his head out (remove it from his own arse) and calm down, Tammy should have taken pen (LJ should have been making sure this happened

Flint needs a stint on the bench piss poor mistake on Saturday and useless again tonight, with Ekstrand and Moore to come it we can secure up the back 4....

ROD needs a smack in the mouth utterly ridiculous letting that goal in the twonk...

LJ need to put a rocket up his players tonight and look at his own decisions which lost us the game tonight....

Have to say gutted about the result shows there is a lot of work to be done..

We really need to face up to the fact that our defence is very poor. The defending all season has been very poor - both Wigan and Villa could have been out of sight had they  taken their chances before we scored but the defending in the last two games has been rank. I cannot believe people were fearful of Flint leaving for a premier league club - he's not even decent championship standard. He has been the mainstay of a defence that has shipped around 1.5 goals per game since promotion. His positioning is very poor - hence the regular last gasp tackles and he  is simply not mobile enough at this level. As for the keeper........Did I really see a thread on here arguing he was the best in the championship or am I dreaming?

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Losing in this manner could be a big problem for the teams confidence. Lee and Co have a lot of work to do this week. This result could be a big one for our season.

This is true but I don't think this will happen.  I think we're a bit more resilient than we were and I think we'll be able to see it as a bad day at the office rather than a disaster...

1 minute ago, keflav said:

Disappointing tonight Tomlin needs to sort his head out (remove it from his own arse) and calm down, Tammy should have taken pen (LJ should have been making sure this happened

Flint needs a stint on the bench piss poor mistake on Saturday and useless again tonight, with Ekstrand and Moore to come it we can secure up the back 4....

ROD needs a smack in the mouth utterly ridiculous letting that goal in the twonk...

LJ need to put a rocket up his players tonight and look at his own decisions which lost us the game tonight....

Have to say gutted about the result shows there is a lot of work to be done..

Sack the lot of them.

Belter of the match (Sheffield Wednesday away). Who gets your vote?

16 minutes ago, Acton Red said:

This is the kind of result that can crush a teams confidence. So frustrating

15 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Sort that ******* defence out!!! Beyond a joke now.

Start making some ******* changes and sort them out!!!

15 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Jesus Christ. Let's hope this doesn't derail our season. 

15 minutes ago, Robbie_Turner said:

Dropped Saturday surely, questions over first, all his fault 2nd and a mistake kicking it out for the 3rd giving them possession !!!!!

14 minutes ago, husshen said:

Flint has always been a shit defender.

Just camouflages it with his goals in the opposition box.

13 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Ekstrand must start Saturday, and put some backbone into the defence

Lucic anyone? Please not Fielding for O"Donnell.  Lucic for me

12 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Flint and O'Donnell should be dropped

9 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

How much effing room in the box?  Jeez........

Has something happened to Flint over the summer?

2 games sum up the Championship - width of a post on Saturday, width of a post tonight.

Box it off, close the lid - move on.

Some very strong contenders here. I think Husshen has the title in his grasp though. Let's hope someone doesn't snatch a last-minute win.

On the plus side I doubt we will ever have that many bad decisions made by players in 1 half ever again. The penalty miss, o neil mistimed tackle, rod dropping a clanger and some more schoolboy defending and game management with 30 seconds of the match left. That's a lot of bad things to all happen in 45 minutes of football and we got punished for every mistake.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Robin1988 said:

Belter of the match (Sheffield Wednesday away). Who gets your vote?

Some very strong contenders here. I think Husshen has the title in his grasp though. Let's hope someone doesn't snatch a last-minute win.

Pff can I vote for myself? Not sure why people are particularly surprised that people are having emotional reactions though. You've gotta admit, that was a ******* annoying 35 minutes. 

6 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

What I will say is without reading all posts on this thread is it seems you can't criticise players without being called all sorts,think a lot should grow up. When players deserve praise then give it to them when they don't then allow people to say it as it is

Sure but I think it's about perspective.  People tend to claim we're brilliant when we win and awful when we lose and the truth is we're a decent Championship side who are stronger than last season but still riding our luck a bit and are probably more mid-table than play-off contenders.  I also think the flipside to what you've said is that football supporters on internet forums sometimes feel they have impunity to criticise as harshly as they like without impunity but then seem a bit surprised when people criticise them harshly.  Ultimately if someone's not prepared to put up with abuse on the internet, they probably shouldn't be abusing people on the internet. 

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Why can't people have a meltdown given we have just lost a game in which we were 2-0 up? 

Do you think it's acceptable to throw away a game like that? 

Wish I could have the 'oh well' mentality of some people on here but unfortunately it gets to me a little too much!

In the history of Football I should imagine there's tens of thousands of occasions when teams leading by 2 have lost . Not unique to City at all . I'm sure there's been mistakes tonight by players and management , but get over it . 

I'm sulking as well , gutted , pissed off , the dog better stay out of my way , but count to ten , it's 1 game of 46 . 

You might not regret what you say , but what you say can make you look stupid . 

**** it I'm off to bed .

• Like 1
1 minute ago, keflav said:

Ha Ha not quite but with the squad he has now he needs to start looking at all the players and not just putting the same ones in each week because of who they are.... 

In fairness, made a few changes today.

He is still looking at all his jigsaw pieces and seeing what makes the best picture. Do not think he is sure yet. There are going to be some ups and downs on the way. Just one of those 'gutters' today. Not rocket science - need to stop giving away poor goals.

• Like 1