IGNORED

The Official Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Match Thread (Merged)

I can't comprehend the meltdown. 

We're all gutted, but seriously? Some of these comments are outrageous. 

Tomlin - There's a fair chance we'd be playing in league one without him. When he missed the penalty we were still winning 2-1. He is not responsible for the end result! Yes RO'D's error was a howler. Yes GO'N should have done better. 

We're a work in progress. 13+ new players, all learning each other's games, having played less than 8 matches together. The knee jerk reaction to a new team is embarrassing.

We're already showing so much more promise than last season which constitutes progress. 

Clearly that's not enough for those who suddenly expect us to be challenging for the top spots after a season spent fighting relegation. The comments talking about promotion and playoffs when we go 1-0 up is as clear an indication of the fickle nature of 'in the moment' comments.

Lets take a minute to recall where we were last year, where we are now. Less than a quarter of the season gone, and we've just lost to a team who have strengthened over the summer after being one result away from the Premiership last season.

i get the passion, and the in the heat of the moment disappointment. But let's save the pathetic abuse of the players who will be as gutted as any of us. Time to support, supporters. 

• Like 15
1 minute ago, cityexile said:

In fairness, made a few changes today.

He is still looking at all his jigsaw pieces and seeing what makes the best picture. Do not think he is sure yet. There are going to be some ups and downs on the way. Just one of those 'gutters' today. Not rocket science - need to stop giving away poor goals.

Agreed I have faith we will get there but tonites result was very frustrating and Preventable....

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

LJ: "You have to give credit to the opposition. But the most disappointing thing is I felt a couple [of players] crumbled."

I do like having a manager who will call it how he sees it in post-match interviews.  You get the sense he knows exaclty where we've gone wrong and we'll be working on it for the rest of the week.  I've not always had that sense with our managers...

• Like 2
1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

To be fair to GON, the time he most famously did that his team managed to go on and win...

Ah, missed that. Not too worried about it really, people do get sent off for 2 yellow cards, the second one looked soft to me. It's the defending for the 1st and 3rd goal that are actually worrying. The 2nd is just :grr:.

6 minutes ago, keflav said:

Disappointing tonight Tomlin needs to sort his head out (remove it from his own arse) and calm down

Seriously. Why? The guy just narrowly missed a pen. At the point he hit that post we were still 2-1 up against 10 men. 

I could understand some flack if he'd completely skied it or tried a cheeky Zidane and been caught out, but as missed pens go, it was as good as they get. 

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Belter of the match (Sheffield Wednesday away). Who gets your vote?

Got to be Ivor Guy for me…………."Lucic anyone"….This man is quite possibly clinically loopy?

Some very strong contenders here. I think Husshen has the title in his grasp though. Let's hope someone doesn't snatch a last-minute win.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Get out.

I was a keeper, my lad is a keeper. Mistakes are highlighted more so than any other position we know that, that said There's competition all over the field, others are rested for others to show their case - why is a keeper any different ?

tonights performance by ROD wasn't good enough, time for FF to have a go, healthy competition is a good thing.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, cynic said:

That penalty was the killer.

3-1 and 11 v 10.

Tomlin has a lot to say about his own ability and he has to live up to it - he didn't tonight and he hasn't so far this season. He has to live up to his own hype and keep his gob shut. If he wants to talk the talk - walk the ******* walk. 

But we threw it away anyway with bad defending after that poor penalty miss and resultant sending off of O'Neil - he will be missed more than any other player in the squad against Derby. But we have Korey Smith back which is a softener.

Back to the drawing board for LJ - we aint the done deal, long long way to go till we get anywhere near it, that game tonight proves it.

Devastating result which is reminiscent of last season (it seemed inevitable),  I hope it doesn't have too much effect on the players.

Great first half, shite second half for us - reverse of just about every other game this season.

LJ will be apoplectic with those players and rightly so - couldn't see out a 2-0 lead.

Bottled it.

Yep I agree,Has anyone ever missed a penalty before? I'm gonna google it

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

I can't comprehend the meltdown. 

We're all gutted, but seriously? Some of these comments are outrageous. 

Tomlin - There's a fair chance we'd be playing in league one without him. When he missed the penalty we were still winning 2-1. He is not responsible for the end result! Yes RO'D's error was a howler. Yes GO'N should have done better. 

We're a work in progress. 13+ new players, all learning each other's games, having played less than 8 matches together. The knee jerk reaction to a new team is embarrassing.

We're already showing so much more promise than last season which constitutes progress. 

Clearly that's not enough for those who suddenly expect us to be challenging for the top spots after a season spent fighting relegation. The comments talking about promotion and playoffs when we go 1-0 up is as clear an indication of the fickle nature of 'in the moment' comments.

Lets take a minute to recall where we were last year, where we are now. Less than a quarter of the season gone, and we've just lost to a team who have strengthened over the summer after being one result away from the Premiership last season.

i get the passion, and the in the heat of the moment disappointment. But let's save the pathetic abuse of the players who will be as gutted as any of us. Time to support, supporters. 

Well said, we are a far, far better team than we were last season and still learning, tonight is a hard lesson and a bitter pill but I think this team will learn from it, let's move on

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Sure but I think it's about perspective.  People tend to claim we're brilliant when we win and awful when we lose and the truth is we're a decent Championship side who are stronger than last season but still riding our luck a bit and are probably more mid-table than play-off contenders.  I also think the flipside to what you've said is that football supporters on internet forums sometimes feel they have impunity to criticise as harshly as they like without impunity but then seem a bit surprised when people criticise them harshly.  Ultimately if someone's not prepared to put up with abuse on the internet, they probably shouldn't be abusing people on the internet. 

Agree with everything apart from we are a decent side,think we are above that :bounce: