IGNORED

14.15 on this Saturday

Roadrunner

Will tell us how good a manager Lee is. If he keeps the same side and we win. I will be impressed. What I am hoping he will do is to put ROD and Flint on the bench. We have the players in the squad to replace them now. Tomlin and the rest of the squad to be told . If a player is on 2 goals they take the pen.  

2 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Will tell us how good a manager Lee is. If he keeps the same side and we win. I will be impressed. What I am hoping he will do is to put ROD and Flint on the bench. We have the players in the squad to replace them now. Tomlin and the rest of the squad to be told . If a player is on 2 goals they take the pen.  

I don't agree with this, Not a chance Tammy should of took that pen last night when Tomlin is the managers choice as penalty taker and the game wasn't yet won.

How do you know Tammy wasn't offered the penalty kick? He may have turned it down.

You have a penalty taker...it's agreed before the game who takes the pens.

If you are 3-0 up with 2 mins to play, you may let Tammy go for it.

We are not some sunday league outfit...we are Professionals.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

How do you know Tammy wasn't offered the penalty kick? He may have turned it down.

You have a penalty taker...it's agreed before the game who takes the pens.

If you are 3-0 up with 2 mins to play, you may let Tammy go for it.

We are not some sunday league outfit...we are Professionals.

Abraham confirmed: "We discussed it in the changing room and I was told Tommo was the penalty taker. Once I heard that, I said to him I would leave it to him if we were given one.

41 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

So the team sheet will tell us how good a manager Lee is at 2:15 this Saturday?

I'm gonna save you the wait- he's a very good young Manager still deciding on his best team and is hugely ambitious for BCFC and himself.

His team sheet will no more tell us how good he is anymore than a win or loss at 5p.m.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'm gunna wait until at least 17.05 to make an assessment.

Agree - it's how we finish the match which is important.

By the way @Roadrunner team sheets are in a 2pm :whistle:

2 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Tomlin isn't randomly selected to be the penalty taker! It's practised and earned, based on consistency, composure and willingness. 

No way should anybody else have taken it, unless Tomlin himself didn't fancy it st that precise moment. 

Penalty takers sometimes miss penalties. Get over it and support the team rather than jumping on this ludicrous otib bandwagon of blame and picking out scapegoats. 

People would think no team had ever lost from a 2-0 lead before. It happens, you learn from it and you move on. 

If it's too much for some "supporters" to take then they are probably following the wrong sport and certainly the wrong team! 

Rant over. Get behind the boys! 

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

I agree with @Super that Tomlin as the penalty taker of choice had to take it. 3-0 up in the dying minutes then sure let Tammy get his hat-trick.

I'd be inclined to bench Tomlin and Flint but stick with ROD. Sure ROD's made a few mistakes of late but I have more faith in him than FF.

Isn't Tomlin suspended for Saturday? G'ON as well?

I agree with the OP, IF .......

We are 2-0 up , since the first half. There are 5 mins to go , and we have been comfortable for the previous 40 mins.  Then maybe if the regular taker (shooter?) doesn't want it or offers it , then give it to the 18 year old on a hat trick.  

This place would have gone into meltdown if Tammy had missed and we'd lost. It's bad enough our regular taker missed and we lost, at least he has a track record of Pens scored for us.

3 hours ago, Super said:
Abraham confirmed: "We discussed it in the changing room and I was told Tommo was the penalty taker. Once I heard that, I said to him I would leave it to him if we were given one.

I really like that attitude. You can imagine another talented prem loanee wanting to complete the hattrick and not being too bothered about the end result. That comment indicates a respect and maturity which is great to see.

39 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I really like that attitude. You can imagine another talented prem loanee wanting to complete the hattrick and not being too bothered about the end result. That comment indicates a respect and maturity which is great to see.

Indeed - if only there was a way to get him permanently !!

I scoffed at suggestions of a cheeky bid now but I wish we could/would try OR we need Chelski to struggle a bit up to January on the scoring front and then bring in a new striker or 5 and then score for fun - I accept unlikely - but it would make the prospect of getting Tammy on loan for another year a genuine possibility.

It is very conceivable he could hit double figures in September which is quite frankly - mental !!

• Admin
29 minutes ago, Neo said:

Looking at home many Chelsea players are currently out on loan, then look at how many make the 25 man squad

The law of averages is that he will never get near the Chelsea first team - the question is where on the footballing ladder will he end up

Certainly if we are top 10 Championship club, we have to fancy our chances?

After all he was always in favour of joining us when his deal was stalling in the summer

33 minutes ago, Neo said:

I scoffed at suggestions of a cheeky bid now but I wish we could/would try OR we need Chelski to struggle a bit up to January on the scoring front and then bring in a new striker or 5 and then score for fun - I accept unlikely - but it would make the prospect of getting Tammy on loan for another year a genuine possibility.

It is very conceivable he could hit double figures in September which is quite frankly - mental !!

Quite. Either that or for the Chelsea strikers to hit form and start scoring for fun from now until the end of the season. 

If we're in a good position come January, then I would try and tempt their resolve then. Nothing to lose, the kids going to go far, so unless they're asking stupid money then the way the markets going you're sure to make a huge profit.

3 minutes ago, Taz said:

Quite. Either that or for the Chelsea strikers to hit form and start scoring for fun from now until the end of the season. 

If we're in a good position come January, then I would try and tempt their resolve then. Nothing to lose, the kids going to go far, so unless they're asking stupid money then the way the markets going you're sure to make a huge profit.

Yeah but in the current climate and presuming he carries on hitting them in, even if less regularly, you have to be starting at 15M and that might even get laughed off as derisroy and then he has to be as detemrined to be here as Tomlin was after his loan spell to maybe switch off from agents advice etc. and really follow his heart.

The only chance we have is to really start getting these 3 points we keep threatening on a regular basis and let him and his family see that we could be seriously pushing for the promsied land next season !!  I think it is time to sing his name loud and proud at every game and show him he belongs like we did with Lee last season end

9 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Tomlin is the penalty taker, slightly unfortunate yesterday, he struck the ball well but came off the post , these things happen. What do you think the reaction would have been if Tammy took the pen and missed.

10 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Why 14:15?

7 hours ago, Taz said:

Gonna take minimum of £25m

Archived