IGNORED

Matchday thread Vs Fulham EFL Cup

Bar BS3

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Keep the cup run going lads, you can just feel a big Prem team waiting for us at the Gate.  27k at home to Liverpool in the next round, just imagine....

I'm tipping City to surprise Fulham and take advantage of their volume of changes.  City to win 2-1, but the second goal may well be deep in extra time.

Old Man Wilbs and Tammy from the bench to score.

If we do make it through it will be Norwich away

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Strange days around the club , I don't think I've ever been excited to see a weakened line up before.  Hope Engval hits the ground running , Tammy could do with some support up top, and Lucic and Moore could be the future. Exciting times.

It is exciting stuff, sure feel's like a long time since we've had this much quality / strength in depth.

46 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It doesn't look like anyone's bothered, so here it is. Unless @havanatopia is posting as I type. 

Disclaimer- by starting this thread, I am in no way responsible for the moronic over reactions (positive and/or negative) that will no doubt follow during the course of the evening. 

Carry on...

You on about the game or the match day thread! Would take defeat today and three points Saturday!

However, would be good to get a top class team at the new Gate

4 minutes ago, MrBibs said:

If we do make it through it will be Norwich away

Ah, we'll thrash Norwich, after they've beat Everton (was it Everton?) they'd be all cock-sure of themselves, expect to beat us 1-0 again, only for LJ to bamboozle them with some new tactical move.

No sweat...

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Will be listening and hopefully he wont be tested, but I'm interested to hear how Lucic does. Before he ended up joining, LJ said he thinks Lucic will be in the Europa League in a few years (before the "that's where we will be in 5 years" comment!)

I know Lucic hasn't had much of a look-in so far, but the lad must be pretty good, he trained alongside Manuel Neuer for over a year at one of the best teams in the world!!

7 minutes ago, MrBibs said:

I love the way we suddenly want to know about the 4th round draw having not been interested in even the 2nd or 3rd round draws for years

That's because tonight City are at Fulham (a London team who play in white) whilst Gillingham are away to Spurs (a London team who play in white). Deep inside we just know that given the right set of results tonight and we'll be travelling to the Priestfield Stadium for the next round.

1 minute ago, BCFC_95 said:

I know Lucic hasn't had much of a look-in so far, but the lad must be pretty good, he trained alongside Manuel Neuer for over a year at one of the best teams in the world!!

in fairness the bloke is only 21. better for him to get time in youth/on loan somewhere for a few years than be chucked in the championship

Archived