IGNORED

Tammy Abraham...do we need to take advantage?

The hand of RO'D

If we are there or thereabouts & Crimbo, I think we will need more up top to help tammy. Would somebody like crouch from Stoke do a job? Bit like dele adebola. 

I think yesterday proved we need a battering ram like wilabraham to help tammy. I know we have gustav- but as yet untried.   BUT I AM NOT MOANING THESE ARE GREAT TIMES TO BE A CITY FAN! 

6 hours ago, Cider_boy said:

I doubt they will tear up the plan. Given that SL has stated how embarrassed he was at the amount spent last time we tried to go up, which has formed this new plan that we must become sustainable, I can't see him changing his mind at the very next opportunity to go up.

That said, LJ may have the Kodjia and Bolasie money to spend :fingerscrossed:

SL said he wants to be sustainable, if a great young player is available to purchase for £8m and he has a sell on potential I can see SL spending. 

We only really need a RB and a striker don't we ? 

Matthews, still not fit plus is only on loan, Little out for who knows how long - so we need a decent RB. 

Tammy is not ours, and Wilbs, well it's probably his last season and he's not going to be our go to first choice anyway. I have no idea if Burns or to be honest any of our development squad are up for challenging for a place. So it would be nice to get someone in alongside the squad / Tammy and start embedding them....   ok forgot about Engvall again.. maybe we need to see if he's any good, who knows maybe he is Tammy's replacement.

6 minutes ago, Thatwasclose said:

I think the question is if we knew Tammy was going to be this good should we have kept Kodjia?

yes we got a nice hefty sum but a Tammy and Kodjia combination would have definitely seen us finish at least top 6

Kodjia hasn't done well this season though. 1 goal all season, and would be out on the wing if he was here, where we have more players who are more natural in that position.

45 minutes ago, Thatwasclose said:

I think the question is if we knew Tammy was going to be this good should we have kept Kodjia?

yes we got a nice hefty sum but a Tammy and Kodjia combination would have definitely seen us finish at least top 6

It's certainly not as simple as to say having both of them would have guaranteed top six. That would have required us to change our favoured formation, and that's the formation that has got us where we are. Tinker with the formula and who knows how that would affect us.

Kodjia was already playing second fiddle to Tammy before he left and we only tend to play one striker. £14m for a striker not guaranteed to even start was an absolute no-brainer. If anything Tammy's form makes it even more obvious that selling Kodjia was the right call.

1 hour ago, Thatwasclose said:

I agree with both @JamesBCFC and @ChippenhamRed but will also add that it's fairly obvious the lad's head had been turned, that could have been damaging to the squad.  

I think we absolutely stuffed Villa on this one, but if he does go onto do well for them I still think we dodged a bullet.  Trying to make him stay if he wanted out would have been disastrous.  He wanted out, Tammy banging them in, Kodjia no longer the fave, can't see that it would have ended well.

Archived