IGNORED

2017/18 Bristol City home and away kits

phantom

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Image result

Image result

A more cynical man than myself might say , new kits this year , now new kits next . Distraction of allowing some input , but they'll still be £45 and current for a year max.  Sorry , just thinking out loud.

I really liked the away kit from last year , predominantly black , with purple and lime would be good. I would guess we'll go back to white shorts, but 2 shades of red could work. Some of those mock up's look too Rugby League for me but I like a couple.

I'd like us to include The Clifton Suspension Bridge and also The Ashton Gate 8 somewhere/somehow in the design.

The suspension bridge could take the place of the new stadium outline under the back of the collar, however I doubt that they'll do this yet cos they want to push to everyone that we have some new stands.

The fact that The Ashton Gate 8 isn't more prominent everywhere with our club is quite frankly a joke. I sort of get that the club don't want to keep mentioning how terribly we were managed and nearly out of business etc. but what they did (ignoring the politics of how much they actually wanted to do it) still enables what we're doing today to happen. It would be great if they could put an 8 using the 8 names somewhere on the kit. Maybe for our number 8 (Josh Brownhill) on his actual shirt number!

But yeah; including The Suspension Bridge & The Ashton Gate 8 would be nice. Won't happen though of course...

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

As we are going to be in the Premier League next season it makes perfect sense for us to have a kit based on the kit we wore the last time we was in the top division.

Yeah, an updated version of the 76 Umbro kit. I like a collar too, could be red or white, but with the three buttons on the front. Or even a discreet maroon and gold stripe somewhere on the red kit as an acknowledgement to our first kit.

I can understand the liking of the White and Black away kit, again a nod to the 70's. I quite like purple and Lime though with maybe a splash of Black as Again agree last years away kit was quite good too. so maybe an updated version of this.

The Robin needs to appear somewhere, if not on the badge, maybe on the kit itself.

However, it's about money and sales isn't it. So make the kit something that looks GOOD to wear, for both young kids and older fat blokes (or ladies), so that more people will WANT to buy it. Not the normal excuses for a Kit.

One last point, I'd like to see the Red a deeper more richer red. Not light or fluorescent.

There always seems to be is tension between old gits like me who like the Robin and the traditional or retro kits and maybe the younger fans who like the modern kits and the present badge. I've stated many times why not cater for both markets. Have one kit very traditional with the Robin (as it is 40 years on why not the away white and black from first division days) and one kit modern and with the coat of arms. The next season the home kit could become the traditional kit and the away one modern and experimental. Both camps happy and extra sales I would predict. Everyone is a winner.

8 hours ago, phantom said:

This is what many have wanted in the past - so now is your chance !!

We want to give you the opportunity to be involved in the design of the club’s 2017/18 home and away kits.

As agreed at last month’s Fans Advisory Network, we are consulting with supporters to gather feedback about this season’s strips, as well as looking forward to the next campaign.

You can even put forward your own design in JPG format, or name your favourite City kit of all time which you think deserves a chance to come back!

Take part in our online survey by clicking here: https://response.questback.com/bristolsportltd/BristolCitySupporterInputSurvey

Thanks for your support!

Bristol City Football Club

Not so much the design but improving on what i'd say is cheap quality fabric would be a start. Designs are ok yet our rugby-esque shirt material stops me buying it. 

A quality material would be the way ahead for me, almost regardless of eventual colouring etc. 

orig-bristol-city-fc-away-kit-14573

Must admit I like this - the shout out to our Bedminster club origins is a nice touch, and looks good.

I have mentioned it a few times, but why not substitute one (or both) of the unicorns on our crest for a Robin, with it's feathered wing guarding our city's badge, so we have the best of both worlds ?

my excellent photoshop skills below (I am sure someone :whistle: could do it better)

ScreenShot_20161007231957.png

• Admin
11 minutes ago, streety_bcfc said:

Where are the tenders that someone did of the kit in 3D in the close season. That purple, black and lime kit they did was spot on! 

Found it, I wanted to send this at the relevant part in the survey but it took ages to find it. I believe we should make purple/lime our away theme where we could have purple kits with lime details, lime kits with purple details, black kits with purple/lime details or white shirts with purple/lime details. This allows enough room for variations but starts to create an away identity.

image.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Found it, I wanted to send this at the relevant part in the survey but it took ages to find it. I believe we should make purple/lime our away theme where we could have purple kits with lime details, lime kits with purple details, black kits with purple/lime details or white shirts with purple/lime details. This allows enough room for variations but starts to create an away identity.

image.jpeg

Love this.

At the risk of repeating myself though, I'd question the pricing. A mate had to pick up a ticket and was on the verge of buying the 'NEW' away kit until he realised the £45 price tag, I'm the same with last years , and they won't discount it even though it's obsolete.  I don't know whether dropping the price to say £30 the shortfall in income would be made up by the extra sales but I think there would be a chance. I did think the original idea was to use local manufacturers to keep costs lower, shame the savings don't seem to be passed on, specially now we have 2 new kits a year.

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

image.jpeg

If we could just find the kit with the suspension bridge watermark then I'd send that along with this in my survey.

That said, the black kit with the Bedminster colours looks smart too.

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

If we could just find the kit with the suspension bridge watermark then I'd send that along with this in my survey.

That said, the black kit with the Bedminster colours looks smart too.

I'll try and recreate it if you can tell me what it was like.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Love this.

At the risk of repeating myself though, I'd question the pricing. A mate had to pick up a ticket and was on the verge of buying the 'NEW' away kit until he realised the £45 price tag, I'm the same with last years , and they won't discount it even though it's obsolete.  I don't know whether dropping the price to say £30 the shortfall in income would be made up by the extra sales but I think there would be a chance. I did think the original idea was to use local manufacturers to keep costs lower, shame the savings don't seem to be passed on, specially now we have 2 new kits a year.

£45 seems to be the going rate, however how many clubs offer 15% off for ST holders. I assume your friend is not a ST holder but few clubs retail below £45 anyway and with a ST it costs £38

35 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

I'll try and recreate it if you can tell me what it was like.

All very vague as the picture was made about 3 years ago!

in the basics it was a red top with a watermark type effect on the bottom half/two thirds of the shirt which was in the shape of the left 'tower' of the suspension bridge, and a bit of the bridge itself, in a different shade of red to the main body.

Not a great description I know, but it's been ages and my memory is bad at the best of times!

25 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

All very vague as the picture was made about 3 years ago!

in the basics it was a red top with a watermark type effect on the bottom half/two thirds of the shirt which was in the shape of the left 'tower' of the suspension bridge, and a bit of the bridge itself, in a different shade of red to the main body.

Not a great description I know, but it's been ages and my memory is bad at the best of times!

Anyone got a good cartoon/silhouette photo of the bridge I could use? 

3 hours ago, Ian M said:

image.jpeg

I think we should all agree this should be our away kit next season, it is a superb design. I would like to see what it would look like with a v neck and collar and with the FA logos on the sleeves. Are the sleeves a little bit short?

• Admin
1 hour ago, Threshing Red said:

I think we should all agree this should be our away kit next season, it is a superb design. I would like to see what it would look like with a v neck and collar and with the FA logos on the sleeves. Are the sleeves a little bit short?

I presume you mean the Premier League badges on the sleeves? If so I like your optimism :) 

Archived