IGNORED

Forum technical problems?

BS4 on Tour...

14 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

I still don't know what a VPN is Phil, but I guess that means I don't have one!

Visible Panty Line is the obvious answer - you won't have one if you wear a thong BF.

Problem solved!

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm the opposite, read only on my Samsung Galaxy

Weird isn't it. I've restarted devices, both ipad 2's not new ones and checked software, all up to date. Changed themes on here, nothing but read only. But my phone and Samsung tablet works fine. It's an odd one for sure

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Hate to point out the obvious, but the last letter of VPN is N, not L as you have suggested. 

Just saying :P 

Lo it's lot.

Lot everyone reads and sees words the same and lo one else can see what I see.

I know there are four points to the compass - lorth, south east and west. 

When Mrs Downend is wearing her lickers I can always see her VPN, but would lever tell her so as she would lot let me forget that I had been so rude. 

Just saying :) :whistle:

Installing iOS10 on my iPhone (which I instantly hate) solved the problem for me there, but I still can't use Explorer and I'm now using Chrome on my lunchbreak at work.  Unfortunately I would imagine there are quite a few regular posters who can't currently contribute at all if their options are more limited.

Without meaning to sound too entitled, and whilst greatly appreciating the effort of those who run the forum, is the problem actively being looked at?

• Admin

I understand it's a caching issue with the upgraded editor. Eventually this will resolve itself in your current browsers, those switching to a browser they haven't used before are experiencing success as that new browser hasn't visited the site before and therefore hasn't stored the old version's data on the device before so only see the updated software & interact fine with it.

3 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I understand it's a caching issue with the upgraded editor. Eventually this will resolve itself in your current browsers, those switching to a browser they haven't used before are experiencing success as that new browser hasn't visited the site before and therefore hasn't stored the old version's data on the device before so only see the updated software & interact fine with it.

Does this mean deleting cookies would resolve it?

• Admin
28 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Does this mean deleting cookies would resolve it?

It hasn't for me but remember we had this issue before when they updated the editor part of the software near the start of the lifetime of the current version. IIRC it was completely fixed after a few days of browsing. In the meantime I have had some success refreshing the page before replying but each individual appears to be getting a different experience as my phone & iPad are fine, it's my computer that is playing up.

Edit: Just remember to copy all the text of your reply first before refreshing so you don't have to type it again.

57 minutes ago, Ian M said:

It sounds like someone needs to spend some time with the goal-keeping coach!  Should improve the caching.

5 hours ago, Ian M said:

It hasn't for me but remember we had this issue before when they updated the editor part of the software near the start of the lifetime of the current version. IIRC it was completely fixed after a few days of browsing. In the meantime I have had some success refreshing the page before replying but each individual appears to be getting a different experience as my phone & iPad are fine, it's my computer that is playing up.

Edit: Just remember to copy all the text of your reply first before refreshing so you don't have to type it again.

I can reproduce the issue on my iPad. On my iPhone absolutely fine. I will see if there is anyway to force the page to reload it. Frustrating I know but the updated editor fixes some other long term issues

Archived