IGNORED

The Official Cardiff City v Bristol City Match Day Thread

9 minutes ago, Thatwasclose said:

Reality check time, we are not playoff contenders.

This. At times we are too naive and today was a big example of that. Pato and Freeman didn't have great games, I was surprised that the latter stayed on for O Dowda. Reid had a poor game off the bench, but will come back.

I had a gashead come up to me the other day and he said he's got a feeling that this is our year. I told him I wasn't so sure and listed a few reasons and this performance sadly proved me right. However we still are a good side and will be fine over the course of the season.

Onto QPR!

We were piss poor all round tonight, very lackluster and lacking any urgency...

Freeman is a waste of a shirt, pack not in the game at all, Tammy bullied out of the game, little where do I start... I could go on.. 

Think LJ got tactics all wrong 2 sitting midfielders was not the right way to go the worst I have seen us thus season which as on TV is very frustrating...

And as for Colin he just needs to #### off, he is the most unpleasant person in football...

We need to bounce back and play like we have been bring on QPR COYRs 

For me when the ball is knocked to Freeman at pace he fails to make it stick. Turning another attack into another midfield battle yo win the ball.

Saying that Jo had a mare very rarely getting outside of Freeman.

I would have brought Golborne on half time and pushed Bryan up to replace Freeman. He's stronger and by far a better crosser of a ball than Luke. Maybe then Tammy might have had something to attack.

As for the other wing,well you know if Little is on the overlap there is no chance of any quality crosses coming in.

• Like 1

I don't think we were awful, just looked sluggish after the two week break. We controlled a game away from home for long periods without creating much and Cardiff defended very well. After several replays it looked like Bamba even cleared the Reid chance. 

On to the next one, we still look like a decent team with some good results in us along the way. 

• Like 4

We didn't win any of the first 3 games after the last international break, even though it was on Sky it's only one game and we can pick up points at QPR and home to Blackburn.

Tammy has obviously been poorly so maybe he shouldn't have started, we haven't got many strikers to choose from currently though. However poor we were at least we won't have to watch rubbish games like that every week like Cardiff fans are going to.

Tactically, Colin had LJ's number this evening. We lacked ideas and played at a snail's pace. Disappointing not to see LJ shout any instructions even once. Despite that, we would've got a draw against a poor Cardiff team if it weren't for Bryan's naive defending and Reid's stupendous miss. With regards to the latter, you can't help feeling that Tammy would've buried it, although he was poor tonight and was rightly taken off. Where the hell is Engvall? When our top scorer is off-colour, having to rely on a 35-year-old is barmy.

I thought Freeman played pretty well tonight. He was our most dangerous player. I thought Paterson's quality in the final third was lacking.

But the man of the match was undoubtedly Bamba; he was immense!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Sorry but i am going to dissapoint you, i dont do bitter. Honestly thought you were very poor all round and very lucky to catch us on a bad day. Yes, you got the 3 points but i do fear for you this season. 

It sounds like you are, we defended well. We will stay up with Warnock in charge, the position we are in, that will do me