IGNORED

The Official Cardiff City v Bristol City Match Day Thread

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Guess it's all about opinions. Thought Freeman was the worse player on the pitch.

Tammy always likely to pop up with a goal. O'Dowda should have replaced Freeman.

Across the board every player did good things and bad things, lots of strange decision making throughout our 11 hwen on the ball.

Freeman didn't take many risks today, so consequently he made a lot of succesful 5 yard passes in and around the final third. When he did look to run at Cardiff, he had mixed success. I can't see that his performance deserved excessive criticism nor praise. It was just average.

8 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

I thought the same, people have praised his technical ability all season but not once? Did he play it out at his feet. Maybe the Welsh atmosphere was affecting him.

Ridiculous comments. Cardiff were al over us in midfield and there weren't players free to play the ******* ball. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Reid was **** when he came on so not entirely sure how you come to that conclusion. 

I know we're all pissed off at the result but shit is harsh. He wasn't great but he actually made passes, crossed it and won tackles. I can't remember Paterson doing that once in the 55 apart from the feeble attempt. I think we should've started him.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Guess it's all about opinions. Thought Freeman was the worse player on the pitch.

Tammy always likely to pop up with a goal. O'Dowda should have replaced Freeman.

Ahh, the we lost blame it on Freeman bit. Guess you could have made use of Little. Someone else has. 

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Ugly ugly game.

In fairness, Warnock got the best out of his team, and we allowed ourselves to get dragged down to a niggly battle. First goal crucial, as it gave them something to hang on to. Cardiff worked their socks off, but little quality. We looked really poor for long parts - whatever that was it was not a game of football. 

That's the word of the night.

Cardiff.. ugly city, ugly club, ugly fans and mostly ugly players too with an ugly manager's tactics... but those tactics and that effort they put in, worked tonight.

So on to the next ... COYR

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Reid was **** when he came on so not entirely sure how you come to that conclusion. 

I know we're all pissed off at the result but shit is harsh. He wasn't great but he actually made passes, crossed it and won tackles. I can't remember Paterson doing that once in the 55 apart from the feeble attempt. I think we should've started him.

3 minutes ago, LocoPal said:

I understand the reason for bringing on Wilbraham to support Abraham, and taking off Pack for a more attacking midfielder in Reid. No problems there.

But, Freeman's game was fading as Patterson's game was improving (although the threat of being substituted may bring that on).

That's the substitution that I found that one I found a bit puzzling.

Straight after HT Patterson looked so much more positive, must have been instructed so. Then a few mins later he was off, which was baffling. Then we looked lop sided god the rest of the match, I would have left Pack on too and taken O'Neil off. 

• Like 1

International break came at the wrong time for us. We had some good momentum but you could tell the players were rusty and or tired from representing their national sides.

It was always going to be the Colin show tonight and the fact wasn't helped with Skys love in for the bloke.

I felt Tammy would have learned the most from the group, what an outstanding defensive performance from Bamba, credit where credit is due.

I'm sure we'll dust ourselves off and be ready for a much better performance for QPR. Im not saying we are but we have to not get carried away and get back to preseason expectations. Quite frankly the comments from the people on sky saying we're a premier league club in the waiting are premature, were not even an established championship club yet. Baby steps. We're heading in the right direction.

up the city!

Edited by The hand of RO'D
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

Then he could have been **** for significantly longer, Loving your logic there

1 minute ago, Super said:

Didn't you say we were the better team?

Yes, 2 shit performances tonight from both teams. But our performance being slightly less shit.

We played against 12 men. Dominated the possession and had a clear penalty not given (with our player penalised).

Actually think that might have been our worst performance of the season.

Pretty sure I didn't blame Freeman for the loss...?!

I said I thought he was poor and surprised he played the full 90

Pretty sure I didn't blame Freeman for the loss...?!

I said I thought he was poor and surprised he played the full 90

As opposed to the rest of them? Personally thought Joe Bryan was shocking but we have a lot to choose from.

9 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

If you think we lost because of the ref and not how shit we have played, well I think you have the blinkers on.

Not really, at 1-0 down the ref should give us a penalty and doesn't, they then get a second so that decision by the ref is now magnified, did you think the ref had a good game? 

I thought city were poor but we were better than they were 

2 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

I think we should be blaming Tammy. He was awful, and shows that he can't do anything at all against a half decent defender, he'll never cut it in the Prem, and will clearly never be the next big thing at Chelsea.

In fact, they may was well just let us keep him... :whistle:

In fairness he probably did less than anyone else on the pitch. And would still have scored Reid's chance . As would a blow up Santa.