IGNORED

The Official Cardiff City v Bristol City Match Day Thread

4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Tactically, Colin had LJ's number this evening. We lacked ideas and played at a snail's pace. Disappointing not to see LJ shout any instructions even once. Despite that, we would've got a draw against a poor Cardiff team if it weren't for Bryan's naive defending and Reid's stupendous miss. With regards to the latter, you can't help feeling that Tammy would've buried it, although he was poor tonight and was rightly taken off. Where the hell is Engvall? When our top scorer is off-colour, having to rely on a 35-year-old is barmy.

I thought Freeman played pretty well tonight. He was our most dangerous player. I thought Paterson's quality in the final third was lacking.

But the man of the match was undoubtedly Bamba; he was immense!

See thats a decent post

1 minute ago, CardiffCityFan said:

It sounds like you are, we defended well. We will stay up with Warnock in charge, the position we are in, that will do me

You definitely will.

Very frustrating night for us though, we played into Warnock's hands and I and many other fans felt the officials gave us no favours at all.

7 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Tactically, Colin had LJ's number this evening. We lacked ideas and played at a snail's pace. Disappointing not to see LJ shout any instructions even once. Despite that, we would've got a draw against a poor Cardiff team if it weren't for Bryan's naive defending and Reid's stupendous miss. With regards to the latter, you can't help feeling that Tammy would've buried it, although he was poor tonight and was rightly taken off. Where the hell is Engvall? When our top scorer is off-colour, having to rely on a 35-year-old is barmy.

I thought Freeman played pretty well tonight. He was our most dangerous player. I thought Paterson's quality in the final third was lacking.

But the man of the match was undoubtedly Bamba; he was immense!

Bamba had the last touch and cleared it before it got near reid, have a proper look at the replay.

Edited by tts_city

Didn't think any City player had an impressive game tonight. Despite lots of possession much of it was in non-threatening areas and throughout thought we lacked imagination and consequently created very little. Neverthess it looked easier for Bobby to equalise than miss, although to be honest we didn't really deserve anything out of that game. Cardiff were only very average and on another day we would have come away with three points.

So disappointed but losing 2-1 away isn't the end of the world.

1 minute ago, OldlandReddies said:

indeed it is. And it also says that you were a poor side. No getting away from it, you are poor. Well done tonight though, you did defend well but if the real BC turned up then we would not be having this conversation. I look forward to the return fixture and wish you well.

Haha if the real Cardiff turned up this season, we wouldnt be so poor in the league, its easy to say that. We have a good record against your lot, it has to be said

8 minutes ago, CardiffCityFan said:

Haha if the real Cardiff turned up this season, we wouldnt be so poor in the league, its easy to say that. We have a good record against your lot, it has to be said

It's a bit different though, an 'off match' and an 'off season' dont you think. That said one match lost doesn't break a season, nor does one match won make it.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Warnock will keep them up. They weren't particularly good tonight but they did a job on us, completely nullified Tammy and seemed quite content to make us try and play through them which we couldn't do.

They clearly had a plan and the penalty decision after a clear offside obviously helped that plan.

Too many of our players underperformed and the pace was lacking today, but we could easily still be sitting here with a point if Bobby had got something to it properly.

Cardiff are not a great team by any stretch, and I would have liked to see us press them more in the final third, something which Paterson was starting to do in the second half before being taken off. If Tammy had been ill, I'd have left Pato on and just swapped Wilbs with Tammy.

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

I don't think he's being bitter, he's just telling the truth, your team beat us tonight but I know which team is the better over the season.

I expect you thought you lost 2-1 tonight, as the last time you watched your team you were wearing red!

Its still early days in the season. You have been the better team this season but we couldnt change that over this match but we could beat you and we did.