IGNORED

The Official Cardiff City v Bristol City Match Day Thread

6 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

The curse of being shit in the first half of many game really hurting us today. We have been able to come back a lot but you can't keep doing it. Johnson needs to sort it out long term.

Completely agree. 

We rarely start as aggressively as we could. We then correct at half-time, but in this case it was too late.

Woeful woeful performance. Not going to win them all but LJ let them off tonight from the start. No Bobby Reid from the start was a bad choice. For those that said give Wilbs a go from the start, fair play, we could've used that all match. Lads always give it a go but what happened to the good football we played much of the year? There was a long ball thread earlier and look no further than tonight. Disappointed with it tonight. Cardiff were up for it but not better and we let them off a bit with our tactics tonight. 

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Freeman is not up to this league

Fullbacks poor.  Sorry for the Bryan love-ins but he simply is too poor at left back

Hopefully Matthews will soon be playing, and surely Goldbourne.  Long term Vyner to break through

what was with Magnusson and all the hoofball?

Why did GoN hoof it up the pitch and not pass it to Bobby?

Complete shambles

I actually thought Tomlin started to effect the game more than he has for a while, but the formation didn't work and gave them room in midfield. No one else came out with too much credit, Wilbs did OK when he came on, Mag's and Flint were OK but a lot of the rest went missing, too much rotation?? Tammy only looks good when we get possesion around the box and we never got them pressed back often enough

• Like 1
  • Admin

Hopefully Lee and the players will learn from tonight and kick on, Cardiff pressed and hassled, we couldn't cope with it, not one City player got any space, nor did we use the ball well.  Warnock had them fired up and they did the job they had to, we should have been better prepared for what we all expected, a tough, niggly, physical game.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Embarrassing performance. No control on the game and way too slow in their final third, Little was awful. Should've started Reid. Nice goal from Tomlin though. 

Why? He did nothing from the moment he came on. Except miss from a yard, Reckon the man he replaced might have got that one.

1 minute ago, nickolas said:

Poor performance. Poor referee. Onto the next game i guess. 

I thought we made it to easy for the ref to give fouls against us, sometimes you just need to stand up and let them have the ball, especially in areas where they can't hurt us. Instead we played into their hands. We all know ( so the players should) that a Warnock side will make the most of 'any' challenge, we were so naive at times tonight.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Reid was **** when he came on so not entirely sure how you come to that conclusion. 

Because he's been starting and we've been winning. Not starting him set the tone for the match that we'd play their game and we did. My opinion anyway. Certainly didn't impress but I thought he at least picked his head up towards their goal and tried to go forward which Pack and O'Neil didn't do for 60 minutes 

• Like 1

Wasn't the city I've seen this season. Wasn't tackling and winning the ball straight away. Outnumbered totally in midfield, Tammy isolated till Abraham came on and still wasn't getting the delivery he needed. I would of thought LJ would of set up a little different and expected a battering like we got. Balls kept getting played in the air we wasn't winning the headers so why do it. Tomlin goal was class. Shame we couldn't push on it. Last 7 minutes of injury time I saw some glimpses of the attacking outfit we've been this season and Reid was SO unlucky. 4/10 performance for me would of been the same even if we got the draw.