IGNORED

Just got back

Coppello

After parting with £34 and breaking my foot today, I sadly continued my journey to Loftus Road on my own from central London.

The game itself was contested between two poor sides. From a city perspective it was definitely the worst of the season so far. 

We never found our rhythm today and struggled to string a few passes together. I do think think we are in a position where our lack of depth in attack has been highlighted. Wilbs has to start up top alongside Tammy to stop him getting bullied and allow to find more space. 

I'm still struggling to see what O'Dowda brings to the table and thought we missed Patterson/Freeman.  

On a positive note, Matthews looked very good today and put in a very confident performance. 

On to Saturday where we can put this behind us and win 3 points on front of a large crowd.   

8 minutes ago, Coppello said:

After parting with £34 and breaking my foot today, I sadly continued my journey to Loftus Road on my own from central London.

The game itself was contested between two poor sides. From a city perspective it was definitely the worst of the season so far. 

We never found our rhythm today and struggled to string a few passes together. I do think think we are in a position where our lack of depth in attack has been highlighted. Wilbs has to start up top alongside Tammy to stop him getting bullied and allow to find more space. 

I'm still struggling to see what O'Dowda brings to the table and thought we missed Patterson/Freeman.  

On a positive note, Matthews looked very good today and put in a very confident performance. 

On to Saturday where we can put this behind us and win 3 points on front of a large crowd.   

Blimey must of been bad tonight if that was worse than cardiff.

12 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I think we were definitely better than Friday night but the end ball was lacking.  Two guilt edged chances.  When we passed it we looked good.  When we hoofed it we lost possession 

9 minutes ago, shelts said:

Cheers bud. Always gonna get a sticky patch and this is it. We will learn more about our team when the pressure is on and we ain't winning. We will come through this a better side . 

In LJ we trust . 

In LJ YOU trust. Kindly speak for yourself.

Tammy has to stop himself being bullied . Tomlin has to stop diving. It was a free kick if he hadn't been so dramatic would have got it. Freddie needs to punch less and catch more . Wilbraham and Abraham need to stop bumping into each other . Flinty needs to know where his goalkeeper is. Good performances from tomlin and bobby Reid . Shame bobby got injured and had is chance saved. Hope he's ok for Saturday. Generally not great tonight . you can still see a play off team in the making ........Qpr that is. Cant believe were still 6th!

2 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

WOW. You bemoan people speaking for you which is fair enough. I ask you a straight up question about YOUR opinion and you swerve it. Priceless

Maybe it's none of your ****ing business.

Or maybe it is not relevant, as I have already said.

Just got home. Is there an away ground where it has been cumulatively more annoying to watch City than Loftus Road over the last 20 years or so? I hate losing to QPR and their gobby, gloating fans, and Loftus Road is definitely a bogey ground for us. 

That said, I thought we got what we deserved tonight. Too careless in possession on too many occasions - how many times did we give the ball away when not under pressure (Fielding being one of the main culprits, but by no means the only one)? As for the Reid chance I thought it was a brilliant bit of goalkeeping more than anything else. 

16 minutes ago, North London Red said:

Just got home. Is there an away ground where it has been cumulatively more annoying to watch City than Loftus Road over the last 20 years or so? I hate losing to QPR and their gobby, gloating fans, and Loftus Road is definitely a bogey ground for us. 

That said, I thought we got what we deserved tonight. Too careless in possession on too many occasions - how many times did we give the ball away when not under pressure (Fielding being one of the main culprits, but by no means the only one)? As for the Reid chance I thought it was a brilliant bit of goalkeeping more than anything else. 

I was thinking that myself. I think that's four in a row I've seen city lose there.

1 hour ago, Coppello said:

From a city perspective it was definitely the worst of the season so far. 

Totally agree with all of that (didn't see your thread so pasted my report and ratings in @RedDave thread, but very similar perspective).

On Matthews - agree he looked much more like the player of last season, very confident and composed defending, the only thing I'd reserve judgement on is going forward, both he and Bryan didn't do anything of substance going forward tonight, and given that the 1 up front really demands others to get forward and overlap and create some overloads, I'd like to see more evidence Matthews can adequately replace Mark Little's energy going forward. 

24 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I don't think you really needed to explain it.

As I see it, "In LJ we trust" is just a turn of phrase, rather than a claim to speak for everyone. Certainly not worthy of a toys-out-of-the-pram reaction!

I was savaged so thought it best. Those as you who are on the same page understand where it was coming from. Did I just explain it.....doh!!

59 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Why is it relevant? I am sick of people speaking for me with their 'trust' of LJ. 

If they trust him... great. 

How about "In LJ we trust. ('We' being me and the other fans who trust LJ. But 'we' specifically does not include Superjack.)"?

Is that better? To be honest, it feels a bit of a mouthful...

More frankly, I honestly don't get why you felt "we" included you in the first place? If some friends of yours said "we're going to the cinema", would you angrily assert that you are not going to the cinema and ask them why they are speaking on your behalf or would you assume that, if you weren't going to the cinema, the "we" probably didn't include you in the first place? I'd imagine the latter. It's pretty clear that, if you don't trust LJ, then when someone says "in LJ we trust" you aren't included in that. Nobody is speaking on your behalf and it's an absolutely absurd thing to get angry about.

56 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Maybe it's none of your ****ing business.

Or maybe it is not relevant, as I have already said.

Ps Mondays at work must be a nightmare for you.

Colleage 1: "How was your weekend, Jane?"

Colleague 2: "Ooh, it was lovely thanks. We went to the seaside."

Superjack (overhearing the conversation): "What? I didn't go to the seaside. HOW DARE YOU SPEAK ON MY BEHALF!!!!"

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Superjack (overhearing the conversation): "What? I didn't go to the seaside. HOW DARE YOU SPEAK ON MY BEHALF!!!!"

Even Superjack will admit he's a bit of a dick sometimes. 

15 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm in the pub trade. Mondays are great.

Cheers.

Archived