IGNORED

Stadium Announcer / Downsey (Merged)

Paul Cheesey

Taken a bit of stick early doors so just a quick post to say :-

1. He is learning every week and getting better and will eventually be a good match day host

2. His handling and delivery of the Gerry Gow speech was excellent and his control of the situation when people burst into understandable applause for what was meant to be the start of a minutes silence was David Lloyd styley - no panic, just waited and then got everything back on track - good stuff !! :clap:

I defended him early on because he was learning but the more I listen to him the more I can't stand him. Quite clear he's got no clue about football and what he should be doing. It's a job much like a referee. You know he's doing a good job when you aren't thinking about him. When he's bad it's memorable. The fact we've had multiple topics on him speak volumes to how most feel about him. 

He is a big headed nob that loves the sound of his own voice and craves to be centre of attention... and that's just on radio, just imagine the ego trip with a captive 20k audience. I bet he is lapping up every minute

I was actually going to start a topic on this. Well I tried to use Twitter at HT yesterday to Tweet him my opinion, but couldn't get any signal, probably for the best. He is ruddy awful.

Yes the Gow thing was handled perfectly, but the rest of it...Agghhhh! Embarrassing and cringeworthy. He did calm down for a bit but yesterday he was back to his worse, ' we have some sad news, (persons  name) has died on Friday...and a big Happy Birthday to (insert name) come on you Reds, oh and (another name) has also passed away' I paraphrase but it seemed it was all said in the same breath. 

I'd rather have no announcer than him. And as for Adam Baker, I can't understand a single word he says, his mumbling is made worse by the Dolman speakers!

9 minutes ago, marmite said:

Why did DL leave and would he be interested in coming back if we started a petition?  Dolly, do you ever see him to speak to ?  Seriously although he took some stick sometimes he was bloody good at his job.

Dave left because he wanted a break and wanted to return to just being a fan. He's still around on here and posts sometimes :) 

Archived