IGNORED

Stadium Announcer / Downsey (Merged)

Paul Cheesey

18 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

From today's "Elephant in the Room" thread ...

So @Robin1988 when you stated, earlier on this thread "You don't understand the difference between criticism and getting into personal insults" it would appear that you're happy enough when a personal insult is made against one of our players, just not our announcer. Right?

Don't trip over that fruitless campaign. :thumbsup:

Hahaha someone's been rumbled... 

40 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

From today's "Elephant in the Room" thread ...

So @Robin1988 when you stated, earlier on this thread "You don't understand the difference between criticism and getting into personal insults" it would appear that you're happy enough when a personal insult is made against one of our players, just not our announcer. Right?

Don't trip over that fruitless campaign. :thumbsup:

Of course, a weight joke (I've had plenty, as has Tomlin) and personal insults about someone's career are interchangeable, get a grip...

• Admin
28 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

The attendance was read out very late in the game. Don't understand why they waited until we had scored?

I'm assuming that they deliberately leave it until the last moment before announcing - but as said person is not a football they would not assume it to be a problem announcing when they did

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm assuming that they deliberately leave it until the last moment before announcing - but as said person is not a football they would not assume it to be a problem announcing when they did

Pretty sure the attendance announcement is not Downsy but @Tim S. But I'd agree. Tim Shires is not a football. 

8 hours ago, RedM said:

Indeed. I'll go a step further, (dons tin hat and gets coat, already shutting the door, and yes it hits my backside) but is there really any need for these birthday messages at all in these days of social media?

Yes it was nice for the couple celebrating their Golden Anniversary, and maybe for kiddies under the age of 10 to hear their names. But do older people really feel that excited about hearing their name shouted out by a third rate wannabe DJ in the middle of a football game, really? People have other means of wishing eachother well etc nowadays don't they. And let's be honest unless you are the person sending or receiving the message you don't really give a flying fig that 'Jamie is 17 today, come on you reds' do you. Just gets annoying background noise. 

I appreciate half time entertainment is difficult, only a narrow window yo do anything, but we have done better in the past. Games against rival fans, etc, the youngsters having a kick about, anything that is less Downsy. I've seen a video of the players kicking football at an inflatable dartboard on YouTube recently, the balls have Velcro so they stick to the board, highest score wins, something like that between fans might be possible ?

Edit; In fact why have anything at all, read out the scores, info about ticket availability for next games, any important announcements then turn the music down/off and let me be able to chat to the person next to me without yelling or using sign language.

This is possibly the angriest post ever to come out of your keyboard - and I love it.

2 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Pretty sure the attendance announcement is not Downsy but @Tim S. But I'd agree. Tim Shires is not a football. 

Why do football crowds applaud when the attendance is read out anyway? In fact, why are attendances even read out?

It's bloody weird when you think about.

"Yay, well done us, we're all here."

He was awfully on Sat, 

He gabbled through the half time numbers in the half time draw,never heard any of them .did anyone claim it.? Will have second thoughts  about supporting it if he don't get his act together, slow down and get a new micraphone ,we are not at a kids party

3 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Good try. God loves a trier though. ;)

36 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Haha. If you were trying to insult him you probably wouldn't call him something he clearly isn't. Third-rate wannabe footballer perhaps.

God, a third-rate wannabe footballer? He certainly moves in mysterious ways ...

What's the big screen doing half time.not a lot, put the half time scores up,,the DRAW numbers,can never hear them over tanoy, then if required the attendance,and by the way,why tell us the score at HT and FT we have been here. ,,Don't want to be personal about the P A  christmas is near ,get a santa outfit you will go down a bomb up the mall

13 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Whilst I don't particularly like the new guy's style, DL also constantly made reference to it being Ashton Gate! That's not a new thing....

IT'S ASHTON GATE IT'S CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL. 

please welcome derby county AND BRISTOLLLLLL CITYYYYYYYY.

*one for the bristol ciiiiiity........*

The bit that made me realise he is just a voice reading a script was as we were walking out on Saturday he was talking about how you could buy upcoming away tickets for Cardiff, QPR & Barnsley online. It just shows how "corporate" this gig is for him with no following of the club at all.

11 hours ago, Sergio Georgini said:

And on that note what's the point in saying the away attendance? Who on earth would care how much Blackburn bring down?

I think it's relevant because a gate of 22512 for Newcastle (with 2500 away fans) compared to 21452 for Blackburn (556 home fans) shows that we got an extra 1,000 home fans in for a non-glamour game through running a competitive "£10 ticket" deal. It shows we have the capacity to attract further attendees who may come along again.

Also http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/away-days-season-201617-3240445.aspx shows just how small as a % the Blackburn fans were to the gate.

10 minutes ago, MyBrotherErnie said:

Just use the screen for birthdays and scores, and then bring back half time games like shooting from the centre circle or chipping into a cider glass. None of this corporate malarkey

"Dink up thy cider". Classic half time entertainment. Took most of half time to inflate the thing! 

Just a comment on birthday announcements. My eldest got my birthday read out at the Sheff W game last season. I was chuffed that she'd actually thought about it, found out how to email the club etc etc

I'm 43 - made my day. That and the 4-1 stuffing and winning a few quid on the National, and the birthday curry I had with a few ciders later on

Archived