IGNORED

Football manager 2017

M.D

Early October just played Cardiff away, currently midtable 5 wins 3 draws 5 losses. First game in a long time where i've actually struggled with City to take them to the upper reaches of the league in my first season. Thus probably making it more realistic!

Been playing it pretty constantly of late...perks of the Mrs spending lots of her time away.

First season finished 4th with a wingbacks system but lost to a Kodjia-inspired Aston Villa in the play off semi final.

Second season finished 5th after abandoning the wingbacks for a 4-5-1 (after a horrid run of form) and went up in the play offs - beating Sheffield Wednesday in the final.

Third season finished 13th in the Prem after abandoning the 4-5-1 (after a horrid run of form) and reverting to a 4-4-1-1.

Hordur / Freeman / Bryan / Smith / Reid / Engvall are all still knocking about in my squad and I have just managed to sign Tammy permanently (£17m!) having had him on loan for all 3 seasons. Nathan Ake has been a particularly good signing for me, along with Patrick Roberts.

I have found that I develop a tactic that works for a season but the opposition 'works me out' and I struggle horribly at the beginning of the following system. Basically, I am like 'real lfe' Leicester.

Also, Brexit happened in 2018 - but no changes were made to the work permit system and no restrictions were made on European Union players.

5 minutes ago, Bo Andersons dietician said:

Been playing it pretty constantly of late...perks of the Mrs spending lots of her time away.

First season finished 4th with a wingbacks system but lost to a Kodjia-inspired Aston Villa in the play off semi final.

Second season finished 5th after abandoning the wingbacks for a 4-5-1 (after a horrid run of form) and went up in the play offs - beating Sheffield Wednesday in the final.

Third season finished 13th in the Prem after abandoning the 4-5-1 (after a horrid run of form) and reverting to a 4-4-1-1.

Hordur / Freeman / Bryan / Smith / Reid / Engvall are all still knocking about in my squad and I have just managed to sign Tammy permanently (£17m!) having had him on loan for all 3 seasons. Nathan Ake has been a particularly good signing for me, along with Patrick Roberts.

I have found that I develop a tactic that works for a season but the opposition 'works me out' and I struggle horribly at the beginning of the following system. Basically, I am like 'real lfe' Leicester.

Also, Brexit happened in 2018 - but no changes were made to the work permit system and no restrictions were made on European Union players.

with the wing back system did you play 1 or 2 upfront?

9 minutes ago, Bo Andersons dietician said:

I was playing Tammy as an Advanced Forward with Engvall as a Defensive Forward alongside him...with Tomlin in behind.

It sounds ultra attacking but I made the two central midfielders and wingbacks pretty defensive,

I play with 1 AF 2 inside fowards 1 Attacking midfielder and 2 holding midfielders,

13 minutes ago, Bo Andersons dietician said:

I was playing Tammy as an Advanced Forward with Engvall as a Defensive Forward alongside him...with Tomlin in behind.

It sounds ultra attacking but I made the two central midfielders and wingbacks pretty defensive,

Did you keep the likes of Freeman and Paterson happy? I've contemplated switching to a 3-5-2 but i'm not sure how they would fit and I wouln't really want to lose them

Using 4-2-3-1 at the moment.

2 minutes ago, WWred said:

Did you keep the likes of Freeman and Paterson happy? I've contemplated switching to a 3-5-2 but i'm not sure how they would fit and I wouln't really want to lose them

Using 4-2-3-1 at the moment.

freeman is really good for me, I play him on the right with bryan on the left and Tomlin/Adam behind my striker

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Football Manager is nothing to do with football? thats a new one nobhead

Nobhead, blimey you got issues, it's a video game and got nothing to do with football, real football that is that is played by Men and now women, should be a seperate section for stuff like this, and for you. 

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

Nobhead, blimey you got issues, it's a video game and got nothing to do with football, real football that is that is played by Men and now women, should be a seperate section for stuff like this, and for you. 

Was the subject really that much of a surprise when you clicked on it? Could you not scoll past if it wasn't for you? 

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

I think you ether have issues or can't read, it's not hard to read a title before clicking on it, it's even easier to ignore it if you aren't intrested in it,

but it seems beyond you

2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

I think you're the only one with issues around here pal!

2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

It's a video game that is simulating football management, seems like it's about football to me.

Also, your post sounds as though you think women only started playing football recently or am I reading it wrong?

31 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I think you ether have issues or can't read, it's not hard to read a title before clicking on it, it's even easier to ignore it if you aren't intrested in it,

but it seems beyond you

My question is what was this sort of thing doing on OTIB? These are games played by humans that mimic real footballers and are computer generated, 

Did you think it was real Monkeh?:facepalm:

8 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

My question is what was this sort of thing doing on OTIB? These are games played by humans that mimic real footballers and are computer generated, 

considering the amount of people who play this game on here it's understandable that its posted on here, and know unlike you I can read and know what topic I am posting in,

if FM was real we'd be prem champions by now and also have millions of football nanagers

25 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

It's a video game that is simulating football management, seems like it's about football to me.

Also, your post sounds as though you think women only started playing football recently or am I reading it wrong?

Yep you are, women's football goes back to at least 1917, and then the FA banned it in 1923 I think....

That's real football, video games are not real, simulation is not real, what worries me is that some cannot understand there is a difference. Wouldn't it be better to actually play a game of football, you know like we did as kids, perhaps then we might actually win something as a Nation. Or all those FM players could actually teach youngsters to play, real time, but hey that would mean you would have to leave your cosy warm house, and venture outside, Brrrr.  

11 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

It's relates to Bristol City, therefore is allowed to be posted on the Football section of OTIB

is that okay?

18 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Yep you are, women's football goes back to at least 1917, and then the FA banned it in 1923 I think....

That's real football, video games are not real, simulation is not real, what worries me is that some cannot understand there is a difference. Wouldn't it be better to actually play a game of football, you know like we did as kids, perhaps then we might actually win something as a Nation. Or all those FM players could actually teach youngsters to play, real time, but hey that would mean you would have to leave your cosy warm house, and venture outside, Brrrr.  

sounds like you don't like football manager.

17 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Why are you turning this into an argument about playing FM rather than getting out and playing the game? Plenty of people do both you know, I'm fairly certain that one isn't a substitute for the other.

Yes, everyone understands that FM isn't real football, but it is nevertheless football related, and therefore deserves it's place in the football forum.

Archived