IGNORED

Football manager 2017

M.D

4 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Then specify Dave, before you do look at the posts from Monkeh, and then consider how restrained in replying I have been, I simply maintain this should not be on Football chat, it is not football, and of course folk no  that heart of hearts but throw abuse...... 

Everyone knows it isn't real football, but I don't understand what you're trying to achieve? Just leave the thread alone and ignore it...

Not only is it football, it is football tactics, it's scouting and it's City related.

As someone has said before, if you don't like the thread why post?  If something doesn't interest me , or even if I think it's not relevant , I ignore rather than continually bringing it back to the top of the page. Right I'm off , my Hoegaarden is getting warm.

PS: Just ordered the game, I'll keep an eye open for tips.

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

I dread to think how his blood pressure must be with 'Sportsbar - opening hours' & 'Scrolling pages' having managed to have a thread on the first page of a FOOTBALL FORUM.

Along with this thread (which seems to keep growing), it must be driving him insane......

Best of all this thread would be half as big, if that, if he hadn't opened and posted on a thread he had no interest in.

More on topic, Pemberton is a genius on my City career. After losing to Brum I was told to win my next game or I would be sacked, until this point I had been going totally solo, I decided to follow his advice for the next game, assuming it to be my last. The result was 6 consecutive wins with 20 goals scored and just 4 conceded. At the end of the 6th game a £700k Brazilian striker I signed was on 12 goals and 9 assist in 18 league games- 7 goals and 7 assists were in those 6 games!

Unsurprisingly that winning run came to an end as Samuel got injured, looking for 7 in a row, the score is 2-2 and he has scored and assisted in the game. All subs made to try and get a winner with fresh legs when my Brazilian talisman gets a cruciate injury ruling him out for 5 months. I finish the game with 10 men but still try for the win, a move that cost me in what ended up as a 4-2 defeat.

However, even without my star player my record in all competitions since working with Pemberton is P16 W11 D1 L4 with a +22 goal difference. In this time (15 league games) I have gone from 15th to 4th and am still in catching difference of the automatics although it will be very tough.

During Samuels injury Engvall has stepped up though not anywhere near as prolifically and Abraham has kept scoring. I also signed Helder Postiga on a free transfer to be backup.

My plan is for my starting pair for the next season to be Engvall and Samuel. Tomlin and Freeman will get sold.

51 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

More on topic, Pemberton is a genius on my City career. After losing to Brum I was told to win my next game or I would be sacked, until this point I had been going totally solo, I decided to follow his advice for the next game, assuming it to be my last. The result was 6 consecutive wins with 20 goals scored and just 4 conceded. At the end of the 6th game a £700k Brazilian striker I signed was on 12 goals and 9 assist in 18 league games- 7 goals and 7 assists were in those 6 games!

Unsurprisingly that winning run came to an end as Samuel got injured, looking for 7 in a row, the score is 2-2 and he has scored and assisted in the game. All subs made to try and get a winner with fresh legs when my Brazilian talisman gets a cruciate injury ruling him out for 5 months. I finish the game with 10 men but still try for the win, a move that cost me in what ended up as a 4-2 defeat.

However, even without my star player my record in all competitions since working with Pemberton is P16 W11 D1 L4 with a +22 goal difference. In this time (15 league games) I have gone from 15th to 4th and am still in catching difference of the automatics although it will be very tough.

During Samuels injury Engvall has stepped up though not anywhere near as prolifically and Abraham has kept scoring. I also signed Helder Postiga on a free transfer to be backup.

My plan is for my starting pair for the next season to be Engvall and Samuel. Tomlin and Freeman will get sold.

Wow in depth season so far review, incredible turn around in fortunes, do you play with each other on here...does Monkeh pretend to be a virtual Tammy, and why the **** would you sell Tomlin?

So many questions....:huh:

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Best of all this thread would be half as big, if that, if he hadn't opened and posted on a thread he had no interest in.

But I am interested, it's a study in Human nature, I admit the last game I played was Sega Rally and I used to beat my young teenage sons at that, and I felt good about that, like a really good driver.:kiddie:

7 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Wow in depth season so far review, incredible turn around in fortunes, do you play with each other on here...does Monkeh pretend to be a virtual Tammy, and why the **** would you sell Tomlin?

So many questions....:huh:

No, playing alone in the little spare time I have because my schedule changes so frequently it would be impossible to make an online game work. 

Tomlin being sold for 2 reasons. 

1. Disrupting the dressing room.

2. Whenever I have tried to make a formation to fit him in the overall team has suffered, in 19 appearances (9 as a sub) he has contributed to a single goal. It is detrimental to keep him. Flint will probably be next out after Tomlin and Freeman, purely because he's my worst CB.

10 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'd take it and run.

If I got that offer I'd swim over pulling Flint behind me.

I haven't started a save with City yet (I started unemployed and am languishing in the Vanarama South with Dorchester), but Flint is linked with a £10m move to Sunderland on mine! 

I sold Freeman & Tomlin within my first season. I just didn't think either of them were pulling their weight & with Freemans contract running out at the end of the first season I decided to cash in on him.

I have found the 2nd season really hard & have ended up playing 4-3-3 & just employing long ball tactics. Playing Tammy, Gus & Theirry Ambrose up front (signed from Man City fairly cheaply & he's banging goals in). 4-3-3 has meant I've dished out a few big wins, notably beating Everton at Goodson Park 4-0!!

10 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

No, playing alone in the little spare time I have because my schedule changes so frequently it would be impossible to make an online game work. 

Tomlin being sold for 2 reasons. 

1. Disrupting the dressing room.

2. Whenever I have tried to make a formation to fit him in the overall team has suffered, in 19 appearances (9 as a sub) he has contributed to a single goal. It is detrimental to keep him. Flint will probably be next out after Tomlin and Freeman, purely because he's my worst CB.

2 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I sold Freeman & Tomlin within my first season. I just didn't think either of them were pulling their weight & with Freemans contract running out at the end of the first season I decided to cash in on him.

I have found the 2nd season really hard & have ended up playing 4-3-3 & just employing long ball tactics. Playing Tammy, Gus & Theirry Ambrose up front (signed from Man City fairly cheaply & he's banging goals in). 4-3-3 has meant I've dished out a few big wins, notably beating Everton at Goodson Park 4-0!!

My season ended terribly.

2 games to go and I'm 5th, lose both (in part to having my 4 best players out injured!) and finish 11th.

Somehow keep my job despite failing all competition targets (FA Cup 5th round, League Cup 4th round and Playoffs) only for the club to be taken over by a consortium.

I was given a budget of £1m to have a push for the playoffs in my second season, so I could struggle, particularly as I have just 1 right back (Seb Larsson signed on a free) and my best CB has turned down my loan offer (Kristyan Bielik sp? of Arsenal).

Not played an awful lot since the full release but one guy a used a lot last year and is available this year again is an excellent Norwegian central midfielder called Marius Lundemo aged 22. You can pick him up for £100K from Lillestrom and he only wants £7K per week, another guy is a left footed Striker called Kevin Lasagna from Carpi but he will set you back £3M but they except staged payments, scores for fun alongside Tammy..

Archived