IGNORED

Football manager 2017

M.D

20 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Yep you are, women's football goes back to at least 1917, and then the FA banned it in 1923 I think....

That's real football, video games are not real, simulation is not real, what worries me is that some cannot understand there is a difference. Wouldn't it be better to actually play a game of football, you know like we did as kids, perhaps then we might actually win something as a Nation. Or all those FM players could actually teach youngsters to play, real time, but hey that would mean you would have to leave your cosy warm house, and venture outside, Brrrr.  

like i do every sunday when not injured?

34 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Yep you are, women's football goes back to at least 1917, and then the FA banned it in 1923 I think....

That's real football, video games are not real, simulation is not real, what worries me is that some cannot understand there is a difference. Wouldn't it be better to actually play a game of football, you know like we did as kids, perhaps then we might actually win something as a Nation. Or all those FM players could actually teach youngsters to play, real time, but hey that would mean you would have to leave your cosy warm house, and venture outside, Brrrr.  

Are you posting on here whilst coaching kids? If not, why not?

48 minutes ago, Josh93 said:

Anyone started a game with any other side yet?

just downloading it now and don't know who to start a save with

Got one going with Bournemouth at the moment only 6 games in but 4th, normally do a Southampton one at some point and try to keep it UK and youth players only 

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

It's a video game that is simulating football management, seems like it's about football to me.

Also, your post sounds as though you think women only started playing football recently or am I reading it wrong?

**** me, they'll want the vote and equal pay next

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

Why are you turning this into an argument about playing FM rather than getting out and playing the game? Plenty of people do both you know, I'm fairly certain that one isn't a substitute for the other.

Yes, everyone understands that FM isn't real football, but it is nevertheless football related, and therefore deserves it's place in the football forum.

It really doesn't have a place on a Football Forum, it might on a forum that dedicates itself to gaming, but this is about BCFC and matters that are real, not surreal. Like I say there could be a little corner, kiddies corner if you like where you can discuss games and gaming otherwise it comes over as a bit 'wet'. Gawd help us we must sound like a right load of tossers to other clubs.

7 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

It really doesn't have a place on a Football Forum, it might on a forum that dedicates itself to gaming, but this is about BCFC and matters that are real, not surreal. Like I say there could be a little corner, kiddies corner if you like where you can discuss games and gaming otherwise it comes over as a bit 'wet'. Gawd help us we must sound like a right load of tossers to other clubs.

Just you pal :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

That escalated quickly!

I'd be inclined to agree with you that it isn't 'football chat' but no need to get upset about it.

9 minutes ago, Libertine1 said:

That escalated quickly!

I'd be inclined to agree with you that it isn't 'football chat' but no need to get upset about it.

How much 'inclined'?

Not upset just comes over as a bit wet, and no wonder we seem to be a bit of a pushover, don't see all this rubbish on Milwall or Toon Army forums.:nono:   

2 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

How much 'inclined'?

Not upset just comes over as a bit wet, and no wonder we seem to be a bit of a pushover, don't see all this rubbish on Milwall or Toon Army forums.:nono:   

If I was bothered by it then I would 100% agree with you.

But it really is no harm and doesn't affect the way we are perceived. You'd struggle to find a fan who cares what topics are discussed on other forums.

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

It's a real game that you buy in a real shop (as far as I'm aware) and simulates real BCFC players.

You seem a bit troubled @1bristolcity.

As someone who, from time to time, has communicated on forums of other clubs to get outside opinions, I can confirm many of them have a Football Manager thread.

Though how a few people spending a few hours of their free time on FM is the cause of the England team being a failure is a bit confusing @1bristolcity, personally had it down to the issues in the set up right from grassroots.

Now I know that the reason our players are a group of individuals who play with little desire rather than a team that gives it all on the pitch is because I spend a few hours of my spare time on a game that affects absolutely no one other than myself.

I hope I'm not going to upset someone who doesn't want to know about Football Manager 2017 (a computer game) by posting this on a thread titled "Football Manager 2017" but here's my little update, I finished 11th in the first season with Tammy (the simulated one, not the real one) finished top goal scorer in the division with 27 goals.

Start of my 2nd season & I have managed to sale 4 16 year olds that I signed at the start of last season for £15m, even though none of them had actually made an appearance for the first team, so my bank balance is now looking very healthy (please remember that this is simulated & I don't actually have £15m with me in my house).

So the board of directors are very happy with me although I haven't actually had contact with anyone called Mr Lansdown to thank me in person for such an achievement as I put the 5 pillars into practice.

If you have accidentally clicked on this thread & are gutted to find out that what is being discussed in here isn't actually real life Bristol City news or are offended with what is in here, I can only apologise for the upset you must be going through right now.

It's actually a proven fact that as football has progressed and in particular analysis. Managers and players alike have been known to frequently use Fifa or FM to look up certain players or teams.

Im currently Darlington on my first season, 2nd in the league and a nice cup run to the 1st round proper! Managed to sign Scott Murray as a coach too!!

3 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

It's actually a proven fact that as football has progressed and in particular analysis. Managers and players alike have been known to frequently use Fifa or FM to look up certain players or teams.

Im currently Darlington on my first season, 2nd in the league and a nice cup run to the 1st round proper! Managed to sign Scott Murray as a coach too!!

Bafetembi Gomis (I think) used Football Manager to learn about his future teammates prior to signing for Swansea.

57 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

I hope they dont use Fifa, the level of research on players on there is dreadful. 

Bloody hell this is tedious.

On a side note I won snakes and ladders last night with a perfect Subbuteo representation of Wayne Alison as my playing piece.

Cluedo went wrong when however when I accused junior bent of killing colonel mustard with a perfect strike from 5 yards.

6 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Bloody hell this is tedious.

On a side note I won snakes and ladders last night with a perfect Subbuteo representation of Wayne Alison as my playing piece.

Cluedo went wrong when however when I accused junior bent of killing colonel mustard with a perfect strike from 5 yards.

Mods please move this Into the football mixed with board game discussion sub forum

Archived