IGNORED

Football manager 2017

M.D

5 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

How much 'inclined'?

Not upset just comes over as a bit wet, and no wonder we seem to be a bit of a pushover, don't see all this rubbish on Milwall or Toon Army forums.:nono:   

On the Millwall forum... "Danny Baker heading for the jungle?" 

Maybe it's just you that likes be a dictator on forums telling people what they can and can't discuss.

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

As someone who, from time to time, has communicated on forums of other clubs to get outside opinions, I can confirm many of them have a Football Manager thread.

Though how a few people spending a few hours of their free time on FM is the cause of the England team being a failure is a bit confusing @1bristolcity, personally had it down to the issues in the set up right from grassroots.

Now I know that the reason our players are a group of individuals who play with little desire rather than a team that gives it all on the pitch is because I spend a few hours of my spare time on a game that affects absolutely no one other than myself.

The 'grassroots' are too busy playing computer games, thanks for that you applied my response perfectly.You unbeknown to yourself have  proved my points better than I could have imagined.

8 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

On the Millwall forum... "Danny Baker heading for the jungle?" 

Maybe it's just you that likes be a dictator on forums telling people what they can and can't discuss.

No I don't, my point is there is not enough interest with kids playing the real thing. Wow I have I touched a nerve here, why so angry?

3 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

It's actually a proven fact that as football has progressed and in particular analysis. Managers and players alike have been known to frequently use Fifa or FM to look up certain players or teams.

Im currently Darlington on my first season, 2nd in the league and a nice cup run to the 1st round proper! Managed to sign Scott Murray as a coach too!!

Yes I know all of that guff,OK it's a database that you might want to play with, I understand they have fishing games as well, and something that resembles ping pong, can you imagine?:facepalm: I can see a future where instead of having real matches they will be virtual, and all the best players will be keyboard stars on 100k a week... actually haven't West Ham already done similar?

Point is kids to-day rather play on-line that's the worry,and yet there is nothing better than just a kick about with your mates, beats any gaming hands down.  

18 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

No I don't, my point is there is not enough interest with kids playing the real thing. Wow I have I touched a nerve here, why so angry?

I thought your point was that you wanted a separate forum for this topic.. I'm getting confused now. 

24 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Yes I know all of that guff,OK it's a database that you might want to play with, I understand they have fishing games as well, and something that resembles ping pong, can you imagine?:facepalm: I can see a future where instead of having real matches they will be virtual, and all the best players will be keyboard stars on 100k a week... actually haven't West Ham already done similar?

Point is kids to-day rather play on-line that's the worry,and yet there is nothing better than just a kick about with your mates, beats any gaming hands down.  

Couldn't agree more mate but I play the game at 10/11pm at night when it's dark and can't play football. I'm also extremely active and play football 4/5 times a week and coach everyday so I understand your point but I have no trouble getting my teams to training and off their PS4s ect

2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

The 'grassroots' are too busy playing computer games, thanks for that you applied my response perfectly.You unbeknown to yourself have  proved my points better than I could have imagined.

That's a load of nonsense and you know it.

Growing up I loved the Football Manager games, but I much preferred playing football myself, and that was the case for all my friends too.

Nowadays I spend 11 hours at work and 4 hours travelling each way, in my little free time it is often early hours of the morning or very late at night, so finding people available to play football literally isn't an option. My schedule may be a bit harsher than most peoples, but I would wager that most people who you have decided are the reason the national team fails, either fall into the case I described for when I was younger- enjoy playing both, but the actual sport over the game- or an edited version of my current situation, they work and have other responsibilities that come as a priority whether that is family or something else.

Not sure why you think it has to be one or the other exclusively either, when seeing my dad quite a regular routine was for us to play football for a bit, visit my Granddad and then watch a game, before playing some Football Manager in the evening when it was too dark too play.

6 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

The Gomis thing was the exact opposite of your point. The interview with him talks about how he used the game to get to know what his future teammates styles were BEFORE he had a chance to play with them, not INSTEAD of playing with them.

he hasn't got a point he's just being a dick because no one agrees with him, its a classic robbo situation and a prime example of a troll who has already lost the argument so try and invents new points that people may agree with bt ends up just digging a deeper hole,

as it happens I got home from work last night at 7pm cooked my and the wifes dinner, watched the cricket highlights then got 2 hours of FM17 in before bed because at 10pm there aren't alot of people willing to go out and play football,

Most people out at that time are ether in the pub, cinema or heading to work

10 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

I'm not angry. You suggested the Millwall forum would be discussing football. They're discussing Danny Baker in a tacky reality tv show. You were wrong. End of.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

he hasn't got a point he's just being a dick because no one agrees with him, its a classic robbo situation and a prime example of a troll who has already lost the argument so try and invents new points that people may agree with bt ends up just digging a deeper hole,

as it happens I got home from work last night at 7pm cooked my and the wifes dinner, watched the cricket highlights then got 2 hours of FM17 in before bed because at 10pm there aren't alot of people willing to go out and play football,

Most people out at that time are ether in the pub, cinema or heading to work

What is your obsession with men's appendage? 

And what's all this about BT digging holes, and you rushing home after work to cook the wife's dinner, and then spending two hours on a computer game, classic obsessed gamer profiling, If I can help in anyway I will come around to yours and we can have a kick around, and if enough are willing we could get a 3 or 5 a side together, must be a sports hall nearby, all failing that there's always street lights.:yes:

Sure beats the hell out of FM17 and cooking the wife's dinner.

35 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

I'm not angry. You suggested the Millwall forum would be discussing football. They're discussing Danny Baker in a tacky reality tv show. You were wrong. End of.

They are a very angry lot on the Millwall Forum, and anyone that signs off with 'End Of', well has just lost the argument.

8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

That's a load of nonsense and you know it.

Growing up I loved the Football Manager games, but I much preferred playing football myself, and that was the case for all my friends too.

Nowadays I spend 11 hours at work and 4 hours travelling each way, in my little free time it is often early hours of the morning or very late at night, so finding people available to play football literally isn't an option. My schedule may be a bit harsher than most peoples, but I would wager that most people who you have decided are the reason the national team fails, either fall into the case I described for when I was younger- enjoy playing both, but the actual sport over the game- or an edited version of my current situation, they work and have other responsibilities that come as a priority whether that is family or something else.

Not sure why you think it has to be one or the other exclusively either, when seeing my dad quite a regular routine was for us to play football for a bit, visit my Granddad and then watch a game, before playing some Football Manager in the evening when it was too dark too play.

It is a problem that has been highlighted many times by many people that are in touch with such matters such as child obesity, that many kids do spend too much time playing computer games rather than real games, good for you if don't, and I applaud you, so in that you have described to me how much more exciting, and beneficial real sport is. So I am a lost as to why all the defensive language around something that is a real problem, maybe not with you, but many others. 

Great players, even to this day learned their craft kicking a ball about in the streets, not playing indoor games, I do fear that we are losing this passion, and it will reflect on the game as a whole, and probably already has.

Video games are technically superb, and am in awe of the skills of the companies that produce them, I have a bit of a techie background, so I am in favour of such things, but not when we are so obsessed with it, which we are.

i phones? How the hell did we manage without them...very well thank you.

Apologies, my replies were not in order.  

18 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

What is your obsession with men's appendage? 

And what's all this about BT digging holes, and you rushing home after work to cook the wife's dinner, and then spending two hours on a computer game, classic obsessed gamer profiling, If I can help in anyway I will come around to yours and we can have a kick around, and if enough are willing we could get a 3 or 5 a side together, must be a sports hall nearby, all failing that there's always street lights.:yes:

Sure beats the hell out of FM17 and cooking the wife's dinner.

While you've clearly got the answer to the 'nations problem' & you clearly put everyone in the same bracket, I'll happily accept your offer (if it's open to everyone who plays FM17) but be pre-warned, I was an FA qualified coach but if you think you can get this 44 year-old back out to play / coach again, then fair play to you!!

Best I point out though that I'm currently trying to recover from a broken back & sternum & nerve damage to my right shoulder that means I will never get full use of my right arm / shoulder again!!

You seem to of put everyone into your own preconceived bubble as to the problem with our national game without any evidence of your reasons, I'm sure the FA or even number 10 Downing Street would love to have you onboard so you can help with the countries problems on a wider scale, as I'm sure you have some great ideas to save the worlds problems & clearly think you have the right to tell everyone (without knowing any of us) how to live our lives!

Maybe you could suggest that everyone who commits the crime of playing a football game on a device other than real life should join the army & stay until we have given our lives? 

I'd appreciate it if you didn't judge me because I play a certain computer game without having no idea as to who I am or why I'm causing such a crime to humanity first of all, I'll take a wild guess that no one has judged the way you live your life or commented on how you live your life because of something you enjoy doing or is that because you're just so perfect?

28 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

It is a problem that has been highlighted many times by many people that are in touch with such matters such as child obesity, that many kids do spend too much time playing computer games rather than real games, good for you if don't, and I applaud you, so in that you have described to me how much more exciting, and beneficial real sport is. So I am a lost as to why all the defensive language around something that is a real problem, maybe not with you, but many others. 

Great players, even to this day learned their craft kicking a ball about in the streets, not playing indoor games, I do fear that we are losing this passion, and it will reflect on the game as a whole, and probably already has.

Video games are technically superb, and am in awe of the skills of the companies that produce them, I have a bit of a techie background, so I am in favour of such things, but not when we are so obsessed with it, which we are.

i phones? How the hell did we manage without them...very well thank you.

Apologies, my replies were not in order.  

You seem to have this preconceived idea that everyone who partakes in a few hours of FM is of the age of a young teenager yet no one (bar me in my last reply to you) has divulged their age but I'd hazard a guess that the majority of people on FM17 is of an age where no matter how many hours they put in out on the pitch or on the street to hone their playing skills, it would be too late for us to correct the problems of our national game because we are too old to become professional footballers & thus help our great nation to win the World Cup & may I even suggest that this is why the majority of people play the FM series of games because we aren't in a position to fulfill any boyhood dreams we may of had of being professional footballers.

41 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

@1bristolcity ridiculing people for playing a computer game but has spent half of his time on this 'virtual' forum typing 'virtual' pixels chatting virtual nonsense.

The irony is ******* laughable.

But it is not, I have to communicate on a level some might understand. I do appreciate though that to support what I say might mark one as being slightly off what many might otherwise admit too, it's a common 'net type thing.

But that's fine with me, happy to speak the truth as I see it, and not afraid to communicate it.

55 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

You seem to have this preconceived idea that everyone who partakes in a few hours of FM is of the age of a young teenager yet no one (bar me in my last reply to you) has divulged their age but I'd hazard a guess that the majority of people on FM17 is of an age where no matter how many hours they put in out on the pitch or on the street to hone their playing skills, it would be too late for us to correct the problems of our national game because we are too old to become professional footballers & thus help our great nation to win the World Cup & may I even suggest that this is why the majority of people play the FM series of games because we aren't in a position to fulfill any boyhood dreams we may of had of being professional footballers.

So we the adults just capitulate do we, the all is lost mentality, what's the point anyway?

See, my point is that if our kids don't actually play the game from a young age it will impact on the game, but I do appreciate values change over time, and if anyone prefers virtual games over actually participating then that is their choice. But the facts speak for themselves, over 50% of kids are obese, and will have some sort of associated health problems at a young age. That is a crime, and of course you just cannot blame it onto one cause, but many so called experts will agree thst gaming is a major cause.

Many on here do in fact coach kids, they are the real heroes, and I guess if there is some balance, no problem. But come on when the Adults are spending perhaps more time playing, well then we might have a problem? 

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

Not sure why you're indulging him mate, he's got some bizarre irrational hatred of a computer game.

Have a feeling he may have been banned from playing it as a child.

14 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

So we the adults just capitulate do we, the all is lost mentality, what's the point anyway?

See, my point is that if our kids don't actually play the game from a young age it will impact on the game, but I do appreciate values change over time, and if anyone prefers virtual games over actually participating then that is their choice. But the facts speak for themselves, over 50% of kids are obese, and will have some sort of associated health problems at a young age. That is a crime, and of course you just cannot blame it onto one cause, but many so called experts will agree thst gaming is a major cause.

Many on here do in fact coach kids, they are the real heroes, and I guess if there is some balance, no problem. But come on when the Adults are spending perhaps more time playing, well then we might have a problem? 

But as I pointed out, I don't believe FM17 is being played by younger people, for one they will want more action to their gaming rather than the more strategic side of a FM type game. And as I pointed out in my first reply to you, everyone's position is different, my position is probably the extreme but many people have families / work or something else that means that being out there on the pitch / street is not a possibility plus even if I was 'able bodied' enough, do you not think it would be a bit weird if me & my 30-40-50 year old mates were out in the street playing football like we used to do back in the 1970's / 80's?

The thing you seem to be missing is that the world has evolved, back in 70's / 80's when I was a kid, I was always reminded as to how lucky I was especially at birthdays & Christmas with regards to me getting a new bike or football boots but now kids get games consoles, laptops, tablets, mobile phones. All stuff that wasn't around or wasn't cost affective back then as was the similar situation with bikes / football boots when I was a kid, it's just a sign of the times & each parent now always wants to give their kids what they couldn't have when they were a kid.

And let's not forget that coaching officially means you have to have the spare time to achieve the qualifications & the money to fund it & while everyone can sit there at a match or at home in front of the TV & give their opinion as to how they would do this & that, in reality it's not that simple & coaching is an art in itself plus the lack of opportunities to progress unless your face fits means that it has to be a passion & that is something you achieve over years, not just something you decide to do. What also needs to be remembered is that the majority of 'grassroots' coaches are in it because their son or daughters team needed someone to coach their team & their hand was kind of forced.

The problem you have is that you have put everyone in the same bracket & put blame on us for the state of the nations footballing achievements when in reality what we decide to do with our own downtime is up to us & if the worlds a worse place because I choose to play a football game on a computer, then so be it but while I'm now unable to work, or stand or walk any great length of time or sit in one place for any length of time or sleep properly or live my life free of pain, then I'll destroy the world further by partaking in a few hours of a computer game when I can!!

At the end of the day, the title of this thread was clear & concise as to what it was about, if you have no interest in Football Manager 2017 then you could of saved yourself a lot of your life's time by not wasting your time on something that you get no enjoyment from, imagine, you could of been out perfecting your own game or coaching to help develop the next Messi or Bobby Moore etc instead of wasting time discussing something that you don't like. I imagine Gareth Southgate & The FA would of really appreciated the fact that you might of been ready to take our nation to glory starting on Friday against Scotland or at least been ready for the next World Cup but instead you've wasted valuable time on a computer game thread & a football forum instead of improving your own playing ability & discovering the next £100m player, so does this mean our nations failure is now down to you for not doing what you preach?

1 hour ago, Robin1988 said:

Not sure why you're indulging him mate, he's got some bizarre irrational hatred of a computer game.

I just don't appreciate people who think they are 'holier than though', thinking that they have the right to tell people what they should or shouldn't do or how they should live their lives especially when they know nothing about the people they are preaching to or circumstances & even more so when it concerns such world changing behaviour as playing a computer game or the law breaking of discussing the happenings on a forum which isn't designated for the sole purpose of such a foul act!!

May we all burn in Hell when we die for such a heinous crime!!

1 hour ago, Robin1988 said:

Haa  didn't have computer games as a child, Meccano and the like, you know stuff you had to build. Where did I say I had a hatred for such games? I don't hate games, or technology I embrace it, but some I am afraid are controlled by it. I have said I was involved in Technology for a number of years, pretty advanced stuff, communications, so I actually do enjoy it. But it doesn't control me, If you were born in '88, you have been conditioned to having all this stuff around you, It came to me later in life and I can draw comparisons, and I can honestly say we all seemed happier not having to check our phones every two minutes, and having a kick around with a few mates. I am not seeking an argument here just stating how I feel, however I think I have touched a nerve with a few, that's for sure !!

Archived