IGNORED

Did anyone see this live??/Punch on Pack (merged)

HoldenBall

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Has no one ever heard of the one punch deaths? Something like this could have ended that way. Luckily it didn't but why should footballers be exempt from the laws of the land whilst on a football pitch?

Just watched it and this was my first thought, punching from behind... that could have been very nasty. The player was a horrible player all game. At least a 3 match holiday!!

11 minutes ago, Strawberry2157. said:

Just watched it and this was my first thought, punching from behind... that could have been very nasty. The player was a horrible player all game. At least a 3 match holiday!!

Exactly. Blows to the back of the head are extremely dangerous and I will be fumming if he gets away with it.

People get arrested on a Friday night for things like that - that punch wasnt just a swinging arm by accident, that was an intentional punch. Not acceptable to do nothing just because an official didn't see it but the camera did. By that logic assaults caught in CCTV but not the police shouldn't be looked at. FA should definately look at it at the very least.

7 hours ago, spudski said:

People keep banging on about what it was like in the 70's...It was calling out for a chant of...'cheating Northern B*******'...but that never came.

Yep but I suppose back then a large percentage of players were from the areas local to the team for which they played, so chants like that were more relevant.

Nowadays some chants along those lines make the fans look pretty stupid - e.g. Man Utd's anti Scouse chants of recent years then they go crazy when Rooney scores and sing songs about him.

Still, after all that I agree with you because I did love the regional chants of the 70s and 80s banging out from a packed East End terrace!

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep but I suppose back then a large percentage of players were from the areas local to the team for which they played, so chants like that were more relevant.

Nowadays some chants along those lines make the fans look pretty stupid - e.g. Man Utd's anti Scouse chants of recent years then they go crazy when Rooney scores and sing songs about him.

Still, after all that I agree with you because I did love the regional chants of the 70s and 80s banging out from a packed East End terrace!

Were chants more funny back then...more imagination put into them.... more variation...or am I remembering through rose tinted glasses?

What the hell was that Bobby Reid chant all about?

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Were chants more funny back then...more imagination put into them.... more variation...or am I remembering through rose tinted glasses?

What the hell was that Bobby Reid chant all about?

No, you're spot on - songs back then were much more imaginative, spontaneous, long, relevant, unique, hilarious etc.

Now people hear a song by another team's fans and try to fit relevant lyrics for us into the same song/tune. 

Nothing wrong with rose tinted glasses by the way....the world you see through them is much better than the real one!

15 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Exactly this.... He took a right step across his path with his elbow ready!

I think Pack swings his elbow.  I'd certainly like to see the incident from the Dolman!

It's a case of be careful what you wish for, for all the people demanding the Hull player is censored.

Archived