IGNORED

Did anyone see this live??/Punch on Pack (merged)

HoldenBall

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Standard in a game of football, elbows - punches etc off of the ball

OK, it's not right but it's all part of the game

He's punched him in the back of the head. Pushing and a bit of sledging is one thing but that is just cowardly.

I hope the club will look into it and that goes for City players too. @AdamB

19 minutes ago, phantom said:

Standard in a game of football, elbows - punches etc off of the ball

OK, it's not right but it's all part of the game

I'm not having that! We all know/see the needle and niggles that go on, so much has been stamped on that it's sterile in comparison to 20 years ago.

On the flipsiide this is 2 possibly 3 swinging fists, bang out of order and he's clearly lost it for some reason. I think a fine and a ban are rightly coming his way. 

33 minutes ago, harrys said:

what annoyed me more was when one of their players went down near the Dolman without being touched and got one of our players booked

It's the exact same player who is accused of punching here. I don't think he got anyone booked (Golbourne?) though he was pointing at his thigh and actually got Keith Stroud over to stop the game, despite clearly having no head injury (great example of how much of a Premiership suck up Stroud was).

He then went down feigning a head injury a few minutes later from the Flint challenge that got Flint booked. Not clear if it was a foul, but he tumbled so bloody theatrically, and nowhere near his head, he clearly worked out from the first one, that to stop our momentum he'd need him to invent a head injury. 

After the stoppage he came back onto the pitch and ran the length of it to close down one of our players. A miraculous recovery from the cheat. Does seem to be swinging arms in this video too (although hard to tell), he's obviously a law unto himself. Diomande I think the name is, from Norway of all places.

And I thought they were meant to be 'hard' from 'oooooop Norf'...never seen so much feigning of injury and getting players booked. Wasn't a dirty game at all...but 5 bookings, that were totally not warranted imo.

People keep banging on about what it was like in the 70's...It was calling out for a chant of...'cheating Northern B*******'...but that never came.

1 hour ago, harrys said:

I hope no-one makes a fuss of this, the officials missed, move on, what annoyed me more was when one of their players went down near the Dolman without being touched and got one of our players booked

What?! So you hope no one makes a fuss about a blindsided punch to the back of the head but you draw the line at diving? 

The club absolutely should be making s fuss about this, that's absolutely disgusting behaviour. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

He's punched him in the back of the head. Pushing and a bit of sledging is one thing but that is just cowardly.

I hope the club will look into it and that goes for City players too. @AdamB

Will anyone care?

After the game against Cardiff, SKY were showing Tomlin putting his head into Lambert off of the ball on replays all next morning and nothing got done

1 hour ago, Olé said:

It's the exact same player who is accused of punching here. I don't think he got anyone booked (Golbourne?) though he was pointing at his thigh and actually got Keith Stroud over to stop the game, despite clearly having no head injury (great example of how much of a Premiership suck up Stroud was).

He then went down feigning a head injury a few minutes later from the Flint challenge that got Flint booked. Not clear if it was a foul, but he tumbled so bloody theatrically, and nowhere near his head, he clearly worked out from the first one, that to stop our momentum he'd need him to invent a head injury. 

After the stoppage he came back onto the pitch and ran the length of it to close down one of our players. A miraculous recovery from the cheat. Does seem to be swinging arms in this video too (although hard to tell), he's obviously a law unto himself. Diomande I think the name is, from Norway of all places.

In the second half, Wilbs put his foot into a challenge on the touchline in front of the Dolman causing a stooping Harry McGuire to bellow in pain as though he had been kicked in the face (he hadn't). The ref immediately awarded a free kick. McGuire didn't attempt to hold his face and was obviously in no pain but had succeeded in conning Stroud. As you say Premiership suck up referee (who's another who doesn't know about the change in the rules this season - Diomande was sent to the touchline after treatment following the 'foul' by Flint who was booked in the incident).

Archived