IGNORED

Martyn Waghorn hopes to sign for Bristol City

Unan

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Spent a good hour listening to their stuff last night via youtube...they have some great material. Typical they played Bristol last month...would have been good to watch.

Love it when you 'discover' a band that have a decent back catalogue. Funnily all my mates knew about them :laugh:

Last time this happened was with a band called Eskimo Joe when I was visiting Oz...you may have heard of them, but not many in Britain have it seems. 10 years old now :-(

Saw Eskimo Joe many a time. 

14 hours ago, spudski said:

I got to see Inxs in Coolangatta when I visited Airlee...not the same without Hutch, but ticked a box off to have seen them in Oz. Would have loved to have seen Icehouse in their prime...mullet an all ;-) and Noiseworks ;-)

Saw Noiseworks. Was many better Aussie bands tho, they were part of the more mainstream. Was more into magic dirt, silverchair, tumbleweed and bands like that :laugh:

9 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

You're crazy.

My least favourite track by them ;-)

4 hours ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

Saw Noiseworks. Was many better Aussie bands tho, they were part of the more mainstream. Was more into magic dirt, silverchair, tumbleweed and bands like that :laugh:

I'm sure there are/were fella but getting to hear them over here back then wasn't so easy if you get my drift. ;-)

Did like a band called Not drowning Waving.

2 hours ago, bpexile said:

One of the best Aussie bands was Cold Chisel, check them out !

Not my thing i'm afraid mate. Each to their own ;-)

19 hours ago, spudski said:

I got to see Inxs in Coolangatta when I visited Airlee...not the same without Hutch, but ticked a box off to have seen them in Oz. Would have loved to have seen Icehouse in their prime...mullet an all ;-) and Noiseworks ;-)

Saw all of these at the Largs Pier Hotel in Adelaide (I lived there) when they first started out along with AC/DC. Saw Cold Chisel many times and worked with their lead singer Jimmy Barnes. The Angels were another great live band.

5 hours ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

Their ex Bassist Steve Balbi has an excellent album called "Black Rainbow" and does a very good slower version of "Touch"

25 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Saw Icehouse supporting Bowie along with The Beat at MK Bowl many years ago.

What a great gig that must have been.

Iva Davies of Icehouse is an incredible underated talent. Has written so much music in his time and still going. His voice reminds me of a mix between Bowie and Ferry.

Love this thread...has got me trawling through old bands I hadn't listened to for a while. Plus PM's going back and forth recommending bands and singers...only OTIB :-)

Stumbled on a lad with an awesome voice who plays guitar for the still touring Icehouse. 40 years and still going....Plus Under the Milky Way by The church...one of the first tunes I learnt on guitar.

19 hours ago, spudski said:

What a great gig that must have been.

Iva Davies of Icehouse is an incredible underated talent. Has written so much music in his time and still going. His voice reminds me of a mix between Bowie and Ferry.

Love this thread...has got me trawling through old bands I hadn't listened to for a while. Plus PM's going back and forth recommending bands and singers...only OTIB :-)

Stumbled on a lad with an awesome voice who plays guitar for the still touring Icehouse. 40 years and still going....Plus Under the Milky Way by The church...one of the first tunes I learnt on guitar.

You would remember his early stuff as Flowers before changing the name to Icehouse. I agree though a great talent.

Do you recall Goanna Band with Shane Howard. He has some great solo stuff out now. Some of early Mi-sex was Ok as were The Models..

There was a good selection of shite also such as Finch, Avalanche, Stars, Supernaut and the list goes on.

6 hours ago, BigTone said:

You would remember his early stuff as Flowers before changing the name to Icehouse. I agree though a great talent.

Do you recall Goanna Band with Shane Howard. He has some great solo stuff out now. Some of early Mi-sex was Ok as were The Models..

There was a good selection of shite also such as Finch, Avalanche, Stars, Supernaut and the list goes on.

I've got the first album as Flowers and when they re released it as Icehouse mate...Band I've followed ever since hearing 'Hey little Girl'. Didn't really get the early stuff over here. Same with INXS. Seen them 16 times now. Great band live. Loved the early stuff....as in 'Don't Change' etc.

Loved the Models as well.

Another talent live....but from NZ and not OZ is Crowded House. Sound middle of the road on radio or vinyl....but live are immense and a great show. Very talented are the Finn Bros.

Love the Finn bros and work.... what a great track this is...

On 10 November 2016 at 17:31, spudski said:

My least favourite track by them ;-)

I'm sure there are/were fella but getting to hear them over here back then wasn't so easy if you get my drift. ;-)

Did like a band called Not drowning Waving.

Not my thing i'm afraid mate. Each to their own ;-)

Yes I know them. 

Cold Chisel.....I'm afraid I am one of the few in oz who doesn't like them. Saw yothu yindi at a festival in the 90s, took it by storm. Fin Brothers were good when I saw them in Byron bay also. Even saw someone mention the Angels, were always a good powerful live show RIP Doc Neeson. 

Archived